Calipari's Players Earning & Projections For Current Players

MJAlltheWay24

Cal is a great coach. You are saying he sucks. Not me. I'm saying Cal's coaching has no bearing on anyone's NBA success but his Kentucky Effect does improve their draft position. That's all I am saying.

I say the same thing about Coach K and Bill Self as well because they all regularly pull in the top talent in all of college basketball. Self made Wiggins an excellent pro? Self made Wiggins the #1 pick in the draft?

Xavier Henry is still wishing he'd played overseas instead of going to Kansas...Selfs players seem to level off when he get's them :lol2:

I think some Coaches DO prepare their players better for the NBA than others do...how many can't miss HS All Americans have we all seen go to college and digress year after year and never improve...a lot!

I'm as serious about Cal Sucks as you were about Duke Sucks!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xavier Henry is still wishing he'd played overseas instead of going to Kansas...Selfs players seem to level off when he get's them :lol2:

I think some Coaches DO prepare their players better for the NBA than others do...how many can't miss HS All Americans have we all seen go to college and digress year after year and never improve...a lot!

I'm as serious about Cal Sucks as you were about Duke Sucks!

I know you aren't serious about Cal sucks. I'm just pointing that out for those that get confused sometimes.

Those 'can't miss' All Americans prove to have been overhyped. How many of these great talent seeking coaches missed out on top 5 pick D'Angelo Russell this season?

Cal is a great coach. You are saying he sucks. Not me. I'm saying Cal's coaching has no bearing on anyone's NBA success but his Kentucky Effect does improve their draft position. That's all I am saying.

I say the same thing about Coach K and Bill Self as well because they all regularly pull in the top talent in all of college basketball. Self made Wiggins an excellent pro? Self made Wiggins the #1 pick in the draft?

Isn't that exactly what I was saying from the begging of this whole discussion? That Calipari might help guys get drafted higher, but their NBA success is on them and doesn't have much to do with Cal?

Isn't that exactly what I was saying from the begging of this whole discussion? That Calipari might help guys get drafted higher, but their NBA success is on them and doesn't have much to do with Cal?

Yes. I agreed with that part after more discussion. I don't agree with the part that others saying Cal used his magic elixir to make guys that were already going to get drafted turn into great NBA players.

Bledsoe had a composite ranking of 57 and was right around 5 star status on at least one major service. Far from a can't miss but there were plenty in the industry that knew he was going to be really good if he was fortunate enough to have a flood wipe out some terrible academic marks...

Bledsoe had a composite ranking of 57 and was right around 5 star status on at least one major service. Far from a can't miss but there were plenty in the industry that knew he was going to be really good if he was fortunate enough to have a flood wipe out some terrible academic marks...

If that's what happened with him, no problem with Bledsoe nor no problem with any other kid if college was able to improve their situation. I'm not going to hate on that.

If that's what happened with him, no problem with Bledsoe nor no problem with any other kid if college was able to improve their situation. I'm not going to hate on that.

So because he was talented, he should be above the across the board requirements that were skated because of a "flood" that magically changed the playing field for a total of one prospect?

He was an awful student in high school. AWFUL. I wouldn't make that claim if I didn't know it as fact, by the way.

There is a path to success set up for that situation. He skated it on a joke of a technicality.

This isn't a debate you want to have with me. I was as dialed in on what happened as anyone out there, and the info came from multiple sides of the story. People flat lied and cheated to get him eligible.

And to be clear, I have nothing against Bledsoe. Love seeing him make the most of the opportunity. It was just one the system wasn't designed to allow. Major talents end up making it through the JUCO route if the talent and work ethic is there. He had both in spades...

So because he was talented, he should be above the across the board requirements that were skated because of a "flood" that magically changed the playing field for a total of one prospect?

He was an awful student in high school. AWFUL. I wouldn't make that claim if I didn't know it as fact, by the way.

There is a path to success set up for that situation. He skated it on a joke of a technicality.

This isn't a debate you want to have with me. I was as dialed in on what happened as anyone out there, and the info came from multiple sides of the story. People flat lied and cheated to get him eligible.

And to be clear, I have nothing against Bledsoe. Love seeing him make the most of the opportunity. It was just one the system wasn't designed to allow. Major talents end up making it through the JUCO route if the talent and work ethic is there. He had both in spades...

Cool. Not arguing. Just saying that I wouldn't be incensed for him, or anyone in a similar situation. Doesn't seem to be bothering him in the Pro's. Have some good people that you trust to manage things for you and you're good. Looks like he's doing alright, at least from my perspective.

Cool. Not arguing. Just saying that I wouldn't be incensed for him, or anyone in a similar situation. Doesn't seem to be bothering him in the Pro's. Have some good people that you trust to manage things for you and you're good. Looks like he's doing alright, at least from my perspective.

Of course it isn't bothering him. He was covered for, never had to do what was actually required of 99.99% of those also playing at the D1 level and in turn got paid millions while he should have been earning his path the hard way. Fortunately Cal needed a guard and Bledsoe was the best left on the board at the time. He hit the lottery. That isn't an "earned" deal...

Of course it isn't bothering him. He was covered for, never had to do what was actually required of 99.99% of those also playing at the D1 level and in turn got paid millions while he should have been earning his path the hard way. Fortunately Cal needed a guard and Bledsoe was the best left on the board at the time. He hit the lottery. That isn't an "earned" deal...

I said it wasn't bothering me either. Cal didn't call me asking me to go to the NBA, so it's all good. Great for Bledsoe. Sorry for not being sorry that I'm not bitter I guess.

Just so you know, the Orton post was kind of in jest. He shouldn't have gone pro when he did and I don't think Cal even thought he should have when he went. That said, being under Cal his first year at UK did apparently get him prepared, he's still in the league I believe.

If I recall Orton is in China, or Vietnam, or Europe. :lol2:

In other words, somewhere else in the world.

He got into trouble complaining about local talent making the league he was in.

If I recall Orton is in China, or Vietnam, or Europe. :lol2:

In other words, somewhere else in the world.

He got into trouble complaining about local talent making the league he was in.

Phillipines. He criticized the league for letting Manny Pacqioua play and he was cut within 24 hours of his words I think. :no: :lol2: