Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 63 Utah 57

Featured Replies

Final from Houston. Duke will take on Gonzaga Sunday. Duke with a good grind it out win.

Duke's ball pressure IMO was the difference, Utah never looked comfortable.

Duke's ball pressure IMO was the difference, Utah never looked comfortable.

 

Was a difference maker. Utah with a lot of turnovers and even when they weren't turning the ball over they were running half court offense from 40 feet a lot of the game. Hard to win when you have to do that.

UGLY game. Okafor with only 6 points. Utah doubled and triple teamed him every single time he touched the ball. Winslow at the 4 has been an absolute nightmare for teams to try and guard. Wish Coach K would have gone to this earlier in the season and give Matt Jones more experience at the 3. Regardless of how they played a W is a W.

UGLY game. Okafor with only 6 points. Utah doubled and triple teamed him every single time he touched the ball. Winslow at the 4 has been an absolute nightmare for teams to try and guard. Wish Coach K would have gone to this earlier in the season and give Matt Jones more experience at the 3. Regardless of how they played a W is a W.

 

I'll second that and also add that I hate watching games played in that gym(or whatever you call it), might as well be an aircraft carrier. It seems like teams have a hard time shooting there. Did I here right when they said this is the place where Duke won their last championship?

I'll second that and also add that I hate watching games played in that gym(or whatever you call it), might as well be an aircraft carrier. It seems like teams have a hard time shooting there. Did I here right when they said this is the place where Duke won their last championship?

 

I think it was in Indy, or somewhere close. I remember they played Butler and it was extremely close to them. That gym was awful though.

The big controversy of this game is the millions of dollars involved in the spread of this game after that final meaningless(?) free throw. Lots of talk on social media,even ESPN

The big controversy of this game is the millions of dollars involved in the spread of this game after that final meaningless(?) free throw. Lots of talk on social media,even ESPN

 

Vegas lost quite a bit of money from my understanding.

Vegas lost quite a bit of money from my understanding.

 

I was thinking it was the other way around, what exactly was the spread ?

What was the point spread?

What was the point spread?

 

Duke -5.5. So when they called the late foul instead of the jump ball (or foul) that preceded it, PLUS put the time back on the clock for them to shoot foul shots, Duke hit one of two and cost anyone who bet on Utah.

I think the spread was 5. So basically the spread was spot on and it looked like the game was over but Duke came back out and got 2 free throws and made 1 so the final margin went to six.

So I would assume that Vegas did lose a lot because I would imagine that most people would have took Duke and that last meaningless free throw got them over the spread.

UGLY game. Okafor with only 6 points. Utah doubled and triple teamed him every single time he touched the ball. Winslow at the 4 has been an absolute nightmare for teams to try and guard. Wish Coach K would have gone to this earlier in the season and give Matt Jones more experience at the 3. Regardless of how they played a W is a W.

 

From reading Chad Ford and other draft pundits, it seems like NBA people are having a tough time determining who the top wing is in the class. I have no clue how it isn't Winslow at this point. Also, every time I watch Duke Matt Jones doesn't seem to do much of anything. What exactly does he do well on the floor?

Coach K. and Duke might be as classy as they are talented.

 

Glad they were able to overcome a solid Utah team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.