Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doss 56 Williamsburg 50 (Sweet 16 First Round)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Terrell Gray leads all scorers with 24 points. Dujuanta Weaver adds 13 for the Dragons.

 

Skyler Griffith & Corey Shelton both score 19 for Williamsburg.

Hate that I had to leave early. Missed the best game of the day.

W'burg might have gotten a little tired at the end-------a lot of air balls. You would not put this game on a coaching video.

Jackets seemed to press the issue down the stretch. A few quick trigger threes and a shot from the block that wasn't close.

For the players, I hope Doss will bring more than 50 people come Friday night. Congrats to them and congrats to the senior class at Williamsburg, especially those football/basketball kids. Two football state finals and a trip to Rupp. Way to set the standard young men. Be proud.

This was by far the most entertaining game of the day. Congrats to Williamsburg on a great season and a great showing at Rupp and good luck to Doss moving forward.

Very good game. Williamsburg surprised the heck out of me. I love watching gray for doss, he's a gem. Can anyone tell me why a team with a yellow jacket as a mascot uses orange as its main color?

For the players, I hope Doss will bring more than 50 people come Friday night. Congrats to them and congrats to the senior class at Williamsburg, especially those football/basketball kids. Two football state finals and a trip to Rupp. Way to set the standard young men. Be proud.

 

I agree about Doss, its a shame the lack of fan support their team had tonight. They've made it to the Big Stage in Rupp and the only ones to show up to watch the team were about 75 students. Where were the parents and other relatives? The faculty? Alumni? The rest of the students? I mean, it's a school with over 1,000 students!

Without question the best game of the day. I didn't know much about Williamsburg and was expecting a Doss blowout. Williamsburg was very impressive. I agree they may have run out of steam.

I agree about Doss, its a shame the lack of fan support their team had tonight. They've made it to the Big Stage in Rupp and the only ones to show up to watch the team were about 75 students. Where were the parents and other relatives? The faculty? Alumni? The rest of the students? I mean, it's a school with over 1,000 students!

 

If it happens again on Friday, I can only imagine what the Colonel Crazies will have planned for it.

....

 

As the only person who picked Williamsburg in the Sweet 16 bracket contest, let me just say AARRGGHH. As TCJ said above, you wouldn't show this game video to anyone wanting to learn how to play, but the game was entertaining.

 

#32 for W'burg picking up a foul and a T (as part of a double technical) really changed the course of the game in the 2nd quarter. Doss was so effective with the dribble drive, but yet kept settling for quick (bad) threes. I think they shot about 15% from three for the game, while I know at one point in the 4th quarter the Jackets were shooting about 75% from the arc. Doss gave W'burg so many chances late the building was literally gasping as they just continued to turn it over, but Williamsburg, as was also mentioned, had no legs and were shooting threes that weren't even hitting the net. They were clearly gassed! #14 and #12 for the Jackets played their tails off and should be proud as heck today for how they represented themselves, their school, and their community last night. Well done, Men.

 

The PG for Doss had to have 8 steals at the top of their 2/2/1 press. When they'd trap the first pass in the half-court they created so many turnovers and issues, and that was made 10x worse for W'burg because they were all live ball turnovers that led to run-outs and easy baskets.

 

The better team probably won last night, but man, hats off to Williamsburg for giving the Dragons all they wanted. Kudos also to the entire town who was there en masse and all wearing the exact same shirt. Those folks couldn't have been nicer, were really enjoying the experience (first time since about 1947, if I remember correctly), and while they left disappointed, I didn't see one of them after the game that didn't seem to have had a great time even in defeat.

 

Fun evening at Rupp.

If it happens again on Friday, I can only imagine what the Colonel Crazies will have planned for it.

 

They need to go ahead and plan for it. I can name Doss and many others in South/West Louisville who unfortunately have zero fan support at home, let alone 75 miles away. It's so sad.

 

I remember seeing Louisville Western a few years back during the football playoffs. They were playing at home. Top 3-4 teams in their class, and I kid you not when I counted all of 10 people in their stands (maybe 20 around their side of the track). I felt so bad for the kids.

I hate to say it but Doss played poorly. Kept shooting the 3 and finished 4 for 20. Of course, they hit the one at the end which put them up 4. The game plan should have been to throw it inside every trip and this game isn't close. The lane was open for the taking and they would take it once every 8 trips? Jackets played hard and they made it interesting and I do feel they ran out of gas. Terrible way to end the game cause they actually had enough possessions to pull it off. Did Doss have 1 offensive rebound? They were outrebounded? Hats off to the Jackets for taking it to Doss and making it fun to cheer for the little guy cause we don't get to do that up here much anymore since consolidation.

W'burg might have gotten a little tired at the end-------a lot of air balls. You would not put this game on a coaching video.

 

People must really be desperate to classify a good game and maybe it was for 3 quarters, but those last 3 or 4 minutes was some of the worst basketball I have seen by one team, numerous missed layups and free throws, airballs, turnovers,etc. Williamsburg had chance after chance after chance to win this game. Those last few minutes had to be super frustrating for their fans

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.