Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Natalie Maines Is Still Not Ready to Make Nice

Featured Replies

Twelve years ago Tuesday (March 10), Maines made her infamous comments about the Iraq war and president George W. Bush onstage in a London theater.

 

“Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.”

 

Taking to her Twitter account Tuesday, Maines addressed the incident again, and it looks like she’s still standing her ground.

 

natalie.jpg

 

 

 

Natalie Maines Is Still Not Ready to Make Nice | CMT

  • Replies 128
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She must have had plenty of money in the bank at the time because right or wrong, it ended her and the band's mainstream career for good.

Kudos to her for sticking with her opinion. People are too soft these days.

  • Author
She must have had plenty of money in the bank at the time because right or wrong, it ended her and the band's mainstream career for good.

 

Yeah, I knew the comments had a big time impact on their career, BUT didn't realize until tonight that Dixie Chicks haven't released album since 2006.

Kudos to her for sticking with her opinion. People are too soft these days.

People have a right to their opinion. But fans also have a right to not buy a product.

I would be curious to know if her 2 bandmates have regrets over her comments. Their careers also ended that day.

Sad she's still so bitter. I too didn't realize it had been so long, I liked their music.

Sad she's still so bitter. I too didn't realize it had been so long, I liked their music.

I also like their music. But some words you can't take back.

Kudos to her for sticking with her opinion. People are too soft these days.

 

Agreed. I'm glad she still owns it as opposed to caving in to other's wishes.

Agreed. I'm glad she still owns it as opposed to caving in to other's wishes.

But I wonder if she regrets saying it as it killed her career.

But I wonder if she regrets saying it as it killed her career.

 

Maybe they weren't as talented as people think. Michael Jackson's actions were way worse than anything she said yet people still buy his albums and listen to his music today. If they really wanted to release an album they could. If this truly killed their career then I stand by my age old belief that country music sucks.

Maybe they weren't as talented as people think. Michael Jackson's actions were way worse than anything she said yet people still buy his albums and listen to his music today. If they really wanted to release an album they could. If this truly killed their career then I stand by my age old belief that country music sucks.

Good point about Michael. No real comparison talent wise. Michael had/has a much broader fan cross section. Dixie Chick's target audience bled red-white and blue.

Good point about Michael. No real comparison talent wise. Michael had/has a much broader fan cross section. Dixie Chick's target audience bled red-white and blue.

 

I guess that's the difference between country music and rap. As long as a rapper makes banging music we really don't care what they say. Jay-Z could crap all over Obama in major ways but as long as his next album is tight I'm buying it. :lol2:

I guess that's the difference between country music and rap. As long as a rapper makes banging music we really don't care what they say. Jay-Z could crap all over Obama in major ways but as long as his next album is tight I'm buying it. :lol2:

 

Given their target audience I'm guessing the bolded is true for a lot of country acts as well.

I'm curious to know how much of the disdain for the Dixie Chicks after the infamous statement had to do with them being an all women's group? If an all male country act had said the same would the backlash be the same?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.