Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

David Simmons

Featured Replies

No doubt. I see sooooo many kids that were truly excellent high school players that play 5-10 minutes a game for quality NAIA programs. People underestimate the talent level in all of college basketball on a daily basis. Any kid that is good enough to have a chance to play on a college basketball varsity team is one helluva player. I don't care what level it is.

 

I really think ever kid wanting to play at the d1 level needs to go to 3 or 4 naia games before they start taking unofficial visits.

 

Many d1 rejects fill these rosters. I think people would be suprised at how many d1 players current an former would NOT dominant an naia game.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think ever kid wanting to play at the d1 level needs to go to 3 or 4 naia games before they start taking unofficial visits.

 

Many d1 rejects fill these rosters. I think people would be suprised at how many d1 players current an former would NOT dominant an naia game.

 

Best thing I did for my player was taking him to an NAIA game.

I have seen very little of him but based on comments in this thread he sounds like a kid NKU should be looking at

The reality of things is coaches are currently looking to fill their rosters for the 2015-2016 year. Signing period starts April 15 for NCAA D1 & D2. If you are not talking with coaches or visiting schools for roster spots next year, more than likely it is best to start looking at who is currently interested in you . Dead period is also coming up... Egos getting in the way of things, I believe as long as you play at the next level and getting school paid is a big thing. The statistics in the link below says a lot....

 

Men's Basketball | NCAA Home Page - NCAA.org

I have seen Simmons play. He is a very nice high school player, has a high motor and I would have loved to have had him on my team and coached him. With that said, I do not believe he is a "high major" D1 player. That would mean teams from the ACC, SEC, etc. would have already been after him. He very well could fit in at the OVC, Atlantic Sun, etc.

 

As some have stated above, some people just don't understand how good you really have to be to play D1 ball, ESPECIALLY "major" D1 ball. And some just don't know how good NAIA is either, especially the upper tier of NAIA. Many of those rosters are littered with NCAA D1 transfers or others that were recruited by D1 and choose to go NAIA.

Looks like a D1 cornerback.

Reading through all of this that what I was thinking also. If he is only 6' and not a great ball handler and not a great shooter... Does this kid play football? Maybe not a D1 basketball player but sounding more and more like D1 football talent...

We all know why Ford Stuen is at Ok.State! And Simmons, as athletic as he is, is low d-1 high d-2. Doesn't handle the ball or shoot well enough to be an elite guard. And with his size that is where he will have to play.

You can't teach Athleticism .

Reading through all of this that what I was thinking also. If he is only 6' and not a great ball handler and not a great shooter... Does this kid play football? Maybe not a D1 basketball player but sounding more and more like D1 football talent...

Who is he hearing from now? Dead period is soon and spring signing period start April 15. That means something should be in the works.

You can't teach Athleticism .

 

You still have not explained how he is a high Division I BASKETBALL player, not athlete.

 

Good luck to the kid regardless.

You still have not explained how he is a high Division I BASKETBALL player, not athlete.

 

Good luck to the kid regardless.

 

Thanks for your input. Good luck to all student-athletes across the commonwealth trying to become better on and off the court.

He is definitely could play in the ovc and do quite well, with more skill development he could possibly be high major. Has a major motor, great work ethic on both ends and edge you can teach. I have seen him on more than one occasion destroy d1 talent over the last couple of years.

Where did he land as school is starting in a few weeks?

 

Tallahassee Community College, JUCO.

David Simmons is transferring to Campbellsville University, NAIA D1, for 2019-2020 season. This will be his Senior season.

 

David graduated from Henderson County High School in 2015 then played two years (2015-16 and 2016-17) of JUCO at Tallahassee Community College. For the 2015-16 season, David played 30 minutes a game and averaged 14.0 points and 7.0 rebounds over 33 games. For the 2016-17 season, David played 31 minutes per game and averaged 12.9 points and 6.1 rebounds for 28 games.

 

He then played the 2017-18 season at Middle Tennessee State, NCAA D1. He played 17.9 minutes per game and averaged 4.7 points and 2.6 rebounds for 32 games.

 

He then transferred to Southern Indiana University (NCAA D2) and redshirted the 2018-19 season.

 

Now he is transferring to Campbellsville University for his senior season, 2019-20. As projected in the above 2015 tweets from sweet16, Texas Ranger, PurplePride92, and Wireman, David will be a starter and a very good player at NAIA D1 Campbellsville.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.