Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who do you fear the most?

Which school has the best chance of beating Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Which school has the best chance of beating Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament?

    • Duke
      25%
    • Arizona
      13%
    • Wisconsin
      37%
    • Gonzaga
      2%
    • Virginia
      4%
    • Villanova
      2%
    • Louisville
      0%
      0
    • Maryland
      0%
      0
    • Other ( Please name)
      13%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

You completely misunderstood my post. Kentucky's team last year was more talented and better than Wisconsin was last year. This year's Kentucky team is heads and shoulders above last year's Wildcats and this year's Wisconsin team is worse than last years.

 

Ok I get what you were saying now, my fault.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck Norris is the only one who can knock KY off this year!

Kentucky isn't losing.

 

That being said, I still believe what I said early in the year is true, UK doesn't want to see Duke. Like Grizzly said, if Duke makes it far enough to play UK, they are doing what they need to be doing on the defensive end.

However, if they do get upset in March, I'd bet we can point back to one of these issues:

 

* UK is shooting the three very well in conference play, so if they have a game where they go ice cold from deep, they could be challenged.

* The popular sentiment is a team can get hot from the arc and that will be who beats them, however, I don't buy it. UK is #1 in the country in 3 pt FG % defense (26%). They are impossible to get good perimeter looks against. So....a team that can get a bunch of points in the paint against them could be their undoing. UT was successful last night, racking up a ton of points in the paint -- and their front-court isn't very good.

* A team that can keep UK to 33% or lower offensive rebound pct can give them troubles. Look for teams that are great defensive rebounders and you have a possibility.

* Lastly, UK wants to take the air out of the ball and limit possessions. If a team can turn them over a lot with ball pressure, they could have some troubles.

 

So with the above points as a guide, here are some teams that could challenge them in these areas:

 

* Great perimeter defenders: San Diego State, North Carolina, Baylor, and Louisville.

* Teams that score around the basket with efficiency: Gonzaga, Duke, Wisconsin, and Arizona.

* Elite defensive rebounding teams: Arizona, Wisconsin, Virginia, and Michigan State.

* Teams that can really turn you over: West Virginia, VCU, Ohio State, and Villanova.

 

In summary, I think UK wins it all and cuts down the nets. However, if they don't, I'd wager a lot that the team that beats them is listed above.

 

As a non-UK guy, I try to be as objective and open-minded as possible, so take that for what it is worth.

 

I don't want to re-type this...but I still feel the same way.

Kentucky isn't losing.

 

That being said, I still believe what I said early in the year is true, UK doesn't want to see Duke. Like Grizzly said, if Duke makes it far enough to play UK, they are doing what they need to be doing on the defensive end.

 

If they play it will probably be in the FF or NC, which like I said means Duke is doing something right. If the 2 teams played 100 times UK's depth would be the downfall of Duke. Duke has the shooters that could get hot and throw up points very fast vs UK. Will be very interesting. If they play we are talking game of the century.

For me it's Wisconsin.

Me too. We knocked them out last year and they would like to pay back the favor this year. From what I have been hearing they will be the #2 seed in our bracket.

They'd never answer the question, nor would I want them too, but I'd love to hear what the Coach Staff and Players would say.

 

Be interesting to see if they felt the same as the fans.

 

If they play we are talking game of the century.

 

Only if Duke is shooting the lights out. Otherwise it could be blowout city.

Only if Duke is shooting the lights out. Otherwise it could be blowout city.

 

Put your boots on, it's getting deep in here.

Duke is the team I fear the most. I'm pretty sure the Cats would dominate inside but if they got hot from 3 UK would be in trouble.

I honestly feel the only team that can beat them is themselves. Duke and Wisconsin may be able to do it but they both have to get to that game and then they have to play their best games of the year. I think UK doesn't have to play their best to beat anyone in the nation. If they do play their best no one comes close IMO.

 

I am probably in the minority here but I feel that UK could get beat. Reason I think this is because they turn it on when needed and off when they feel like cruising, defensively and offensively. This could bite them in the butt against a tough NCAA tourney team. I'll agree they have been able to do what I posted all year with much success in the regular season, however the NCAA Tournament is a different animal altogether.

Only if Duke is shooting the lights out. Otherwise it could be blowout city.

 

:lol2: I'm sorry for thinking the 2nd best team in the country could play within 30 points of UK.

Wisconsin and Gonzaga are two teams that I have no concerns about whatsoever. Duke is the team I would be most worried about.

didn't Virginia beat Duke. IMOP Virginia is better than Duke, but I pick Wisconsin they are so sound in all parts of there game,. They are not a team that beats there self , with turnovers and sloppy play . A big man that can draw Uk`s big guys away from basket, I don't think a team UK has played has had a big that can play out side and open it up underneath. It`s going to be fun to see if the CAT`S can pull it off.

Duke is the team I fear the most. I'm pretty sure the Cats would dominate inside but if they got hot from 3 UK would be in trouble.

 

The amount of times Duke has been down 10-15 points then suddenly winning is why I'm always hopeful. They can just light it up with buckets so fast sometimes. Again, Duke would probably have to go like 100-100 from 3's to stay within 20 points of the Cats, but there is a chance.

didn't Virginia beat Duke. IMOP Virginia is better than Duke, but I pick Wisconsin they are so sound in all parts of there game,. They are not a team that beats there self , with turnovers and sloppy play . A big man that can draw Uk`s big guys away from basket, I don't think a team UK has played has had a big that can play out side and open it up underneath. It`s going to be fun to see if the CAT`S can pull it off.

 

Nope. Duke actually beat both of those team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.