Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 56 Dixie Heights 55 (9th Region SemiFinal)

Featured Replies

Very good game by two good teams but the coaching in the last minute by Dixie left many fans including myself shaking their heads, unless I'm mistaken Dixie had a timeout, it is so hard for high school kids to hold the ball against a quick guards like holmes for 45+seconds, holmes almost stole the ball several times. Why not call a time out sometime during that span make sure you get the play you want with at least some movement, high pick roll etc. instead of having a kid hold the ball trying to go one on one against a very good defender.

 

Holmes almost stole the ball several times in the last 48 seconds? When and where? Dixie did a great job those last 48 seconds Holmes was playing hard defense but never really was to close to stealing the ball. Dixie got exactly what they wanted on that last play. The Holmes defender just happened to make the perfect play at the right time.

 

Is the Dixie kid he stole the ball from a senior? I hope not because I feel bad for him because he played a great game.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a play in the third quarter where Rabe stole the ball, looked like he was going out of bounds and the ball stayed in play and he drove for a layup. I was on the other side of the court , but he looked like he stepped out of bounds, hesitated and came back in bounds and was the first to touch the ball. I had a terrible angle, though. Did anyone else see it better and did that happen? Or did my eyes deceive me.? That is really possible.

 

 

 

I remember the play,I was behind the basket by Dixie student section and did not have the best of views, but we thought the same thing. The official seemed to hesitate and didn't seem to sure either.

I just use safari. I'm too tight to buy the $1.99 forum runner or whatever it is.

 

Yep, could have done that. Maybe I don't trust RP.

It was only fitting that Holmes made a play at the end to win it, because Holmes almost lost the game because of two horrible plays to end the second and third quarter. Both quarters Holmes had the ball with ten seconds left and turned it over and both times Dixie scored to end the quarter.

Was it because he established his feet back in play before he touched it?

 

Sort of. There is no "establish" wording in the rulebook. You're either in or you're out. As long as you are a)touching inbounds and b)no longer touching OOB you can get the ball.

Holmes almost stole the ball several times in the last 48 seconds? When and where? Dixie did a great job those last 48 seconds Holmes was playing hard defense but never really was to close to stealing the ball. Dixie got exactly what they wanted on that last play. The Holmes defender just happened to make the perfect play at the right time.

 

Is the Dixie kid he stole the ball from a senior? I hope not because I feel bad for him because he played a great game.

 

Totally disagree, several time Dixie got shaky with ball and if dixie's best play when the game is on the line in regional semi against a top team is an isolation play then that is what they should live and die with I just believe there are better plays that can be run at the end of the game with more movement and more options than just an isolation one-on-one play.

Totally disagree Dixie, several time Dixie got shaky with ball and if dixie's best play when the game is on the line in regional semi against a top team is an isolation play then that is what they should live and die with I just believe there are better plays that can be run at the end of the game with more movement and more options than just a playground one-one play.

 

Disagree. I was rooting for Holmes and was very worried because Dixie was protecting the ball so well and I thought that there was no way Holmes gets the ball back. I thought it would be Dixie wins or overtime.

 

Why would you want them to run any other play but a one on one isolation? That was there best play all night Alex and Drew Moore was able to go one on one all night and get to the basket to score every time they attacked or get fouled and if neither of those happened they had the big guy putting the ball back in on rebounds. That was Dixie best offense all night was the drive to basket.

There was a play in the third quarter where Rabe stole the ball, looked like he was going out of bounds and the ball stayed in play and he drove for a layup. I was on the other side of the court , but he looked like he stepped out of bounds, hesitated and came back in bounds and was the first to touch the ball. I had a terrible angle, though. Did anyone else see it better and did that happen? Or did my eyes deceive me.? That is really possible.

I think your assessment of the play is accurate. (I had a good view of the play from the upper deck.) My first thought was that the ref thought that Rabe never had established control of the ball before he stepped out of bounds ... while the ball remained bouncing on the court ... so when he made contact with the ball a second time, that was when possession occurred. But, yes, he definitely had loose control of the ball, stepped out of bounds while not in possession of the ball, then headed to the hoop with the ball. I have no idea what the rule is in this situation.

Totally disagree Dixie, several time Dixie got shaky with ball and if dixie's best play when the game is on the line in regional semi against a top team is an isolation play then that is what they should live and die with I just believe there are better plays that can be run at the end of the game with more movement and more options than just a playground one-on-one play.

 

I understand you maybe feeling this way, but I disagree, also. The kid had been really successful all night penetrating and was fouled a few times and I don't think he missed a free throw. In this game under those circumstances and the way he was playing, it was a pretty much "no brainer". My guess is they had practiced that numerous times, also. This was a senior laden team with lots of game experience. Coach Chevy knew that and relied on the kids. It was just a great play by McClendon. Really not much else to say. it is easy to sit back after it is over and criticize the coach, but I bet he'd do it again, I would.

Disagree. I was rooting for Holmes and was very worried because Dixie was protecting the ball so well and I thought that there was no way Holmes gets the ball back. I thought it would be Dixie wins or overtime.

 

Why would you want them to run any other play but a one on one isolation? That was there best play all night Alex and Drew Moore was able to go one on one all night and get to the basket to score every time they attacked or get fouled and if neither of those happened they had the big guy putting the ball back in on rebounds. That was Dixie best offense all night was the drive to basket.

 

Dixie didnt protect the ball too well it was stolen and Holmes won.

Final Stats:

 

Avery 14 pts, 8 rbs (7-8 FG)

Bolden 14 pts, 5 rbs (1-4 FG, 4-6 3FG)

McClendon 9 pts, 6 ast, 6 stls

Englemon 7 pts

Arnold 6 pts

Covington 2 pts

Mullins 2 pts

Daniels 2 pts

 

Schreck 13 pts, 9 rbs, 4 ast

Rabe 13 pts

Bolin 12 pts, 6 rbs

Moore 5 pts, 3 rbs, 3 ast

Isbel 5 pts

Hedger 4 pts

Niehaus 3 pts

 

FG:

Holmes 13-26 50%

Dixie 12-30 40%

 

3FG

Holmes 8-13 62%

Dixie 6-11 55%

 

FT:

Holmes 6-10 60%

Dixie 13-18 72%

 

Rebounds

Dixie 27

Holmes 20

 

Turnovers

Holmes 12

Dixie 11

 

Assists

Holmes 10

Dixie 8

 

Score by Qtr:

 

Holmes: 8-17-15-16--56

Dixie: 11-11-19-14--55

Bolden was really 4/5 from 3 when you take the end-of-the-half heave. The last one was DEEP.

Dixie didnt protect the ball too well it was stolen and Holmes won.

 

Yeah it was stolen on probably the exact play they wanted. I mean they could have taken a timeout like you wanted and they probably draw up the same play. Get the ball in his hands and isolate him and let him go one on one because it had worked all night. There was nothing wrong with the play and was a well coached game by both teams, a evenly officiated game with the refs being consistent on their calls especially consistently calling body fouls on drives to the basket. Sometimes you can have a good play call and the other team just happens to make a great play. It's one of those things where you just have to tip your hat to the guy and say great play.

Bolden was really 4/5 from 3 when you take the end-of-the-half heave. The last one was DEEP.

 

I really thought Dixie had more turnovers. See what I know.

I really thought Dixie had more turnovers. See what I know.

 

Holmes did a great job getting on fast breaks after missed shots in the first half.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.