Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 56 Dixie Heights 55 (9th Region SemiFinal)

Featured Replies

Very good game by two good teams but the coaching in the last minute by Dixie left many fans including myself shaking their heads, unless I'm mistaken Dixie had a timeout, it is so hard for high school kids to hold the ball against a quick guards like holmes for 45+seconds, holmes almost stole the ball several times. Why not call a time out sometime during that span make sure you get the play you want with at least some movement, high pick roll etc. instead of having a kid hold the ball trying to go one on one against a very good defender.

 

I think they did get the play they wanted. Schreck had been killing them with it. A few times he got 2 and 1. McClendon just made a play. I would have done the same thing.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had him with 4 shots in the first half (not counting the halfcourt heave) and 4 in the 2nd half.

 

That won't be enough tomorrow night.

No need for a timeout. Chev had exactly what he wanted. Schreck with the ball one-on-one with the other 4 spread out. Schreck had a lot of success penetrating tonight. Zero issues with Chevy's logic.

 

Why take a TO when you have what you want? You risk not getting the ball back to Schreck.

 

Because like i said high school kids have a hard time holding the ball for that long of time and beating a tough defender like mclendon is not an easy thing to do when the clock is running down. Also with a timeout you can discuss other options. We can disagree but fact is Dixie got the ball stolen after holding it for a period of time.

Because like i said high school kids have a hard time holding the ball for that long of time and beating a tough defender like mclendon is not an easy thing to do when the clock is running down. Also with a timeout you can discuss other options, bad coaching.

 

We'll disagree. You had Schreck with the ball with 10 seconds left. That's what you wanted. Not sure what a TO would have done other than risk NOT getting the ball back to Schreck.

Glad to see James Bolden being a leader tonight. Small things but there were times his teammates did some knucklehead stuff that he got on them about.

 

Did you have a change of mind ? Thought you were not attending the BOKC.

Great game. I'd love to know how many ties or lead changes there were. Classic HS game.

Cool to meet Bengal Maniac randomly tonight. The young man needs to learn if you want 10th region updates you follow Randy Parker, on BGP, not Twitter. And for the record, I had a buddy and his daughter tonight or I would have improved my seat. 7 rows back in that stadium are not too shabby anyway!

Looking forward to another barn burner tomorrow night.

My buddy pointed out that Coach L used his timeouts wisely tonight. When Dixie got on a bit of a run, a T/O frequently kept a 3-point deficit from becoming a 7-point deficit.

Did you have a change of mind ? Thought you were not attending the BOKC.

 

I never said I wouldn't go. I just said I'm not a fan and the 2nd game was an example. It was the quietest semi-final game I can recall.

 

But that's for another thread....

Great game. I'd love to know how many ties or lead changes there were. Classic HS game.

Cool to meet Bengal Maniac randomly tonight. The young man needs to learn if you want 10th region updates you follow Randy Parker, on BGP, not Twitter. And for the record, I had a buddy and his daughter tonight or I would have improved my seat. 7 rows back in that stadium are not too shabby anyway!

Looking forward to another barn burner tomorrow night.

 

Thanks for calling this old man young. A big ol' Pepsi for you next time we meet. I don't have the app on my iPhone. I can't seem to find it. I am technology illiterate.

It's been a while since we have seen a kid who can just go up and get any ball thrown up near the rim like Avery can. Doesn't need to be perfect. Just get it up there.

 

Not sure if it was his mom or aunt I was sitting by but she is a big fan of the kid.

No need for a timeout. Chev had exactly what he wanted. Schreck with the ball one-on-one with the other 4 spread out. Schreck had a lot of success penetrating tonight. Zero issues with Chevy's logic.

 

Why take a TO when you have what you want? You risk not getting the ball back to Schreck.

 

I agree. What Coach C. did was a valid approach. If he takes a t/o, he may not be able to get it in or have it stolen on the inbounds. He made a coaching choice, but it didn't work out.

There was a play in the third quarter where Rabe stole the ball, looked like he was going out of bounds and the ball stayed in play and he drove for a layup. I was on the other side of the court , but he looked like he stepped out of bounds, hesitated and came back in bounds and was the first to touch the ball. I had a terrible angle, though. Did anyone else see it better and did that happen? Or did my eyes deceive me.? That is really possible.

There was a play in the third quarter where Rabe stole the ball, looked like he was going out of bounds and the ball stayed in play and he drove for a layup. I was on the other side of the court , but he looked like he stepped out of bounds, hesitated and came back in bounds and was the first to touch the ball. I had a terrible angle, though. Did anyone else see it better and did that happen? Or did my eyes deceive me.? That is really possible.

 

You saw it correctly. Legal.

Thanks for calling this old man young. A big ol' Pepsi for you next time we meet. I don't have the app on my iPhone. I can't seem to find it. I am technology illiterate.

 

I just use safari. I'm too tight to buy the $1.99 forum runner or whatever it is.

You saw it correctly. Legal.

 

Was it because he established his feet back in play before he touched it?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.