Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballard 67 Trinity 54 (7th Region Semifinals)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 83
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we still not question Szabo's prowess? All those that criticized me for questioning if he used Spalding enough need to be evaluated. Good day.

Congrats to Ballard. This looks like one of Ballard's better teams. They can hurt you from a lot of places. B won the half-court game. They did not run and gun, although I'm sure they can.

How well was the transfer West for the team? He seemed to get a lot press at the beginning of the season but never seem to fit T program.

Can we still not question Szabo's prowess? All those that criticized me for questioning if he used Spalding enough need to be evaluated. Good day.

 

I'm with you. Been with you since January.

 

I think Szabo is an outstanding coach.

 

I don't think he ever quite figured out what to do with Spalding.

 

Szabo is a system guy and maybe the right answer is that Spalding simply never fit the system. Couldn't say. Haven't seen Trinity play in six weeks.

I'm with you. Been with you since January.

 

I think Szabo is an outstanding coach.

 

I don't think he ever quite figured out what to do with Spalding.

 

Szabo is a system guy and maybe the right answer is that Spalding simply never fit the system. Couldn't say. Haven't seen Trinity play in six weeks.

 

If you have a top 30 player in the country you tinker the system to fit the player. Simply put he wasted him. Spalding had around 6 or 7 touches today and two were in the fourth smh.

T did not defend B's 3-point shooters effectively. I wonder what B shot on 3's. I bet 75% of B's scoring came outside of 15 feet....or it sure seemed that way. But talking to some of my B acquaintances, that is the way B plays. Very tough to handle. Ask every Kentucky team they've played this year.

Can we still not question Szabo's prowess? All those that criticized me for questioning if he used Spalding enough need to be evaluated. Good day.

Would agree here. Spaulding hardly touches the ball. I picked Trinity to win having never seen them play. Wasn't that impressed. Take Spaulding off they look average. Other than Spaulding not sure the other guys can play D-1 ball. Looked really slow and un-athletic

Too much speed. Ballard had another gear in the 4th quarter. Agreed- Spalding doesn't get the ball much but on the other hand he doesn't seem to want it either. Go Bruins!

How well was the transfer West for the team? He seemed to get a lot press at the beginning of the season but never seem to fit T program.

 

I don't think Trinity was a good fit for him. He is a talented player who did not have much of an opportunity to show his talents in Trinity's system. Plus, although I think he started at times, he did not start tonight. Even though Stafford got into some foul trouble, I'm not sure West got much more than 10 minutes of playing time. Maybe worth the sacrifice if you win a state title, but maybe not worth it to not make it to a Regional final (or the LIT final, or the final of the Florida tournament Trinity played in).

Congrats to Ballard on the win.:thumb:

I know Ballard is Ballard and they have always been Ballard, however, this was Trinity's year with a stacked team and 4+ D1 players on the roster!!! This has to be a very low point in the Shamrock basketball program. Major, Major under achievement with this bunch. I know Ballard is no cupcake. Just thought that with all that tallent and coaching, Trinity would pervail. Trinity has been on a very nice run the last several years so hats off to them. Just did not see this happening. . . The 7th region is very tough and difficult to survive. History tells us players like Griffith and Turner did not make it out of the 7th their senior year either . . .

Trinity didn't play that bad of defense imo. Ballard hit many contested shots and continued to execute throughout. When T had to come out of the zone B guards were just too good tonight. Anyone watching tonight could have considered the best 4 players on the floor were wearing white.....if true or not

As an outsider into T basketball I have in my head that they simply are not very good offensively and win with defense despite their talent level.

 

Fair?

Ballard also did a nice job of not letting Spalding catch it deep. He didn't get it much, and that is stunning really.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.