Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 91 Virginia Tech 86 OT

Featured Replies

Final Duke gets win against one of the worst teams in the ACC. Big game from Okafor 30 points and 9 rebounds.

Mannnn....Okafor is so damn good and so damn awful at hitting free throws.

Mannnn....Okafor is so damn good and so damn awful at hitting free throws.

 

 

What about his Defense? Asking for a Friend.

What about his Defense? Asking for a Friend.

 

That needs some work too for real. Catch-22.

Mannnn....Okafor is so damn good and so damn awful at hitting free throws.

 

Had a legit seven footer guarding him and Okafor made him look completely useless down the stretch; like the dude was a 6'4" guard.

I still can't figure Okafor out, can he legitimately not play defense? Or does he not give effort on that end?

I still can't figure Okafor out, can he legitimately not play defense? Or does he not give effort on that end?

 

I just don't think he knows how. He's probably never had to actually play defense before. Always been bigger and stronger than everyone else and been able to get by on that. I think it has improved since the beginning of the season, but he needs a lot of work on that end.

I still can't figure Okafor out, can he legitimately not play defense? Or does he not give effort on that end?

I think it is more of a pattern of what plagues today's game. You see it more and more especially at the high school level. The focus of the game is more on the offensive principles of the game than the defensive principles of the game. I remember being in middle school and working on defense the whole practice. That doesn't happen much anymore these days and you can see it in the product on the courts.

I still can't figure Okafor out, can he legitimately not play defense? Or does he not give effort on that end?

 

He had better get it figured out before the NCAA tournament or Duke's not going to be around very long. They'll be seeing better teams than Virginia Tech once they get past the first round, and my guess is they'll be taking it to the rim every chance they get. The plan would be to get him in foul trouble but if he doesn't play defense that probably won't happen, but that's also a positive for the opponent.

Okafor is really good and worthy of the recognition, but Duke is going to advance this year because of their guard play, not his post presence. Both feed off one another I realize, but Duke can break down people on the perimeter at a high level, whereas in year's past they have not been able to.

Okafor is really good and worthy of the recognition, but Duke is going to advance this year because of their guard play, not his post presence. Both feed off one another I realize, but Duke can break down people on the perimeter at a high level, whereas in year's past they have not been able to.

 

Yep.

 

Quinn Cook is the key for Duke. He's been insane the last month and half or so.

Okafor is really good and worthy of the recognition, but Duke is going to advance this year because of their guard play, not his post presence. Both feed off one another I realize, but Duke can break down people on the perimeter at a high level, whereas in year's past they have not been able to.

 

Probably but the defense is going to be the blame for the potential early loss. It's really bad.

I think it is more of a pattern of what plagues today's game. You see it more and more especially at the high school level. The focus of the game is more on the offensive principles of the game than the defensive principles of the game. I remember being in middle school and working on defense the whole practice. That doesn't happen much anymore these days and you can see it in the product on the courts.

 

I agree. Not much time spent on offense in my HS days.

I think "freshman-itis" will be the Achilles Heel for Duke in the NCAA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.