Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does anyone know who this is????

Have you seen this gentlemen at games? 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Have you seen this gentlemen at games?

    • Yes, I've seen him.
      66%
    • No, have never seen him.
      33%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1st let me mention, this dude is a HS hoops lover. Over the last 3 or 4 years this gentleman seems to show up at just about every and any game I have been to.....and it's not just NewCath games. A couple friends of mine have also seen him either at the same games I've been to or games that they have attended. He is always by himself and as either got the "TAC seats" in the front row, or sits on the floor underneath the basket or leans on the wall underneath the basket. It is just uncanny how he always shows up and everyone and anyone I ask, NO ONE knows who he is. For all I know he could be a BGP'er and he could have been added to my list a lot sooner. :lol2:

 

The last 3 games I've been to he has been to also....NewCath @ Brossart, the 3 girls games at Thomas More on this past Sunday, & tonight at CovCath @ Newport. I asked Mentsch tonight if he knew........nada. If you know, no need to mention his name, just a simple acknowledgement would suffice. Also, has anyone else seen him at multiple games they have attended?

 

From NewCath@Brossart

 

20150205_192903.jpg

 

tonight CovCath@Newport

 

20150212_193229.jpg

20150212_193229.jpg

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LB,

 

I too have seen this dude all over the place for the last several hoops seasons. And his M/O is exactly as you mentioned, always by himself and always either in the front row or in an end zone. I've seen him at Newport games mostly, but also at Lloyd, Holy Cross, and other venues you mentioned.

 

Figured he was someone I should know, but don't. Honestly I thought he was Walter once, thought he was Panda as well.

 

If you remember the Robin Williams movie "The best of Times," there was a mystery fan they would occasionally cut to during the flick. Never knew who he was until the end of the movie, and he turned out to be a legendary figure. Maybe that's this guy.

I have nodded to this guy a thousand times. No idea who it is. You also have my brother in the first photo.

I have seen him at SK football games to. Just a fan like everybody else.

I have seen him at the Cooper games I have been to this year.

  • Author
I have nodded to this guy a thousand times. No idea who it is. You also have my brother in the first photo.

 

Your brother said you learned from "the best". :lol2:

It is the super-fans like this that make high school sports so much fun.

Delete

He is a 1968 Holy Cross grad. A former member talked to him at a game recently and gave me the scoop on him. Dude simply loves high school basketball and tries to get out to as many NKY games a week as he can. Usually sits in the first row, regardless of where the game is.

LB,

 

I too have seen this dude all over the place for the last several hoops seasons. And his M/O is exactly as you mentioned, always by himself and always either in the front row or in an end zone. I've seen him at Newport games mostly, but also at Lloyd, Holy Cross, and other venues you mentioned.

 

Figured he was someone I should know, but don't. Honestly I thought he was Walter once, thought he was Panda as well.

 

If you remember the Robin Williams movie "The best of Times," there was a mystery fan they would occasionally cut to during the flick. Never knew who he was until the end of the movie, and he turned out to be a legendary figure. Maybe that's this guy.

 

:lol2:

 

Walter is much younger. You can usually spot me on the baseline rocking a grey nike backpack and video camera.

I knew who you would have a picture of before I even looked. See him at a lot of St.Henry games (and other games).

I think it is awesome. I dont know the guy's home life or what he has going on but if he is living alone and loves HS basketball then he sounds like my kind of guy.

 

Who knows....he could be a poster here on BGP if he loves HS hoops that much. :sssh:

  • Author
It is the super-fans like this that make high school sports so much fun.

 

Without question.

 

He is a 1968 Holy Cross grad. A former member talked to him at a game recently and gave me the scoop on him. Dude simply loves high school basketball and tries to get out to as many NKY games a week as he can. Usually sits in the first row, regardless of where the game is.

 

Thanks, next time I see him I'm going to make it a point to talk with him. Dude loves the game.

Ask him about his daughter. One of the purest shooters I've seen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.