February 8, 201511 yr Stories at Bengals.com, the Cincinnati Enquirer and Rotoworld all make the case that the Bengals will probably let Gresham walk in free agency next month. Gresham started 15 games last season and is a good blocker, but he had a career-low average of 7.4 yards a catch in 2014, and he has fumbled six times over the last two years while catching 108 passes. Fumbling on more than 5 percent of all receptions is way, way too much. Jermaine Gresham unlikely to remain in Cincinnati | ProFootballTalk
February 8, 201511 yr Author At first I thought the Bengals would let Gresh test FA and then low ball him but more and more I am thinking they are going to take the compensatory pick in 2016 and wash their hands of this problem child.
February 8, 201511 yr At first I thought the Bengals would let Gresh test FA and then low ball him but more and more I am thinking they are going to take the compensatory pick in 2016 and wash their hands of this problem child. Yeah, I spoke on this in another thread during the season. I have a buddy who is good friends with some Bengals coaches. He said - she said version is that the coaches and players are tired of his act. Put simply, they just don't trust him to be there "mentally and physically" when he's needed the most. I'll be shocked if he's in stripes this coming season.
February 9, 201511 yr They will really miss his blocking, especially against the Ravens, I will give him his due in that arena. He owned Suggs, which is difficult to say the least. However, he seems to be high maintenance and is maddening to watch. The progression of Hewitt made this one much much easier.
February 9, 201511 yr I love Hewitt but Divert now becomes a huge question. Eifert is a below average blocker and Hewitt can be pretty good. Hewitt just isn't as massive as Gresham. We have had very good TE's as blockers for a while with Gresham and Reggie Kelly prior to that. Tough to replace that on a running team. May look at Justice as a 3rd tackle to fill that role on run downs. Justice also a TE in either college of HS, I can't remember which. So he might be able to catch a few balls if necessary.
February 9, 201511 yr I have my doubts Gresham will get huge money on the FA market. He is great, if he doesn't jump offsides before the play, then runs the correct route, then catches the ball, and THEN doesn't fumble it after he catches it. On a side note I read where Hue stated after the season that 50% of AD's interceptions were guys running the wrong route. He might as well as said Gresham ran the wrong route. AD didn't show much frustration last year except glaring and yelling at Gresh when these things happened.
February 9, 201511 yr Author It really is a shame, Gresh is so so talented, yet so unpredictable. I wish him the best in FA.
February 9, 201511 yr He gone... They signed Brock for depth and Eifert has shown he is made of porcelin. I think they need to pick one up in FA for sure. I guess I wont see Gresh sauntering around at LA Fitness with his hoodie up and baggy sweats doing virtually nothing.
February 9, 201511 yr Author He gone... They signed Brock for depth and Eifert has shown he is made of porcelin. I think they need to pick one up in FA for sure. I guess I wont see Gresh sauntering around at LA Fitness with his hoodie up and baggy sweats doing virtually nothing. You really thought he was THERE to work out?
February 9, 201511 yr Greshman will end up being a Patriot next year, and they will team him with Gronk and he will look great. With that said, I am fine with him being gone. The fact that he sat out in two of the biggest games of the year, when everyone who saw him warm up those games said he looked good enough to play. It shows he checked on this team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.