Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

School Letter - 'S'

Which is the best 'S' school? 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Which is the best 'S' school?

    • Scott
      1%
    • Scott County
      2%
    • Seneca
      0%
      0
    • Shawnee
      0%
      0
    • Shelby County
      0%
      0
    • Shelby Valley
      0%
      0
    • Sheldon Clark
      1%
    • Simon Kenton
      0%
      0
    • Somerset
      6%
    • South Floyd
      0%
      0
    • South Laurel
      2%
    • South Oldham
      0%
      0
    • Southern
      0%
      0
    • Southwestern
      3%
    • Spencer County
      0%
      0
    • St. Xavier
      83%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Of the choices above, pick which school that has the best overall football program. That includes all the following:

 

* All level of play - 9th 10th 11th 12th

* Fan Support

* Coaches

* Wins

* Titles

* Facilities

* Etc.

 

I mean include everything in your result, not just this years success or failure but all time. Which school is the best in football overall.

 

Past choices have been --

 

Ashland (82%)

Boyle County (33%) -- edged Beechwood (28%)

Covington Catholic (44%) -- Corbin had 36%

Danville (79%)

Elizabethtown (56%)

Franklin-Simpson (28%) -- Fort Knox was second with 22%

Glasgow (39.4%) -- George Rogers Clark was a close second with 36.8%

Highlands (76.5%)

Iroquois (100%) -- in a squeaker

Johnson Central (40.8%)

Knox Central (38.9%) -- edging Knott Central (37.2%) by a vote

Lexington Catholic (50%) -- Lloyd Memorial had 14%

Male (53%) -- Mayfield was second with 21%

Newport Central Catholic (79.6%)

Owensboro Catholic (52%)

Paducah Tilghman (31.1%) -- Edged Pikeville by two votes (29.2%)

Russell (42.3%) -- edged Rockcastle County by three votes

 

So of the choices, which includes all the football playing schools in Kentucky that begin with the letter 'S', which one is best?

  • Author

I don't see this one going down to the wire like 'R' did.

This one is a no-brainer. No offense to the other schools but it is St X without a doubt.

St. X in a runaway. I do however believe that my Somerset Briar Jumpers should fall as second best. Hey you can't win them all.

St. X in a runaway. I do however believe that my Somerset Briar Jumpers should fall as second best. Hey you can't win them all.

I agree. Just not fair being in the S schools with St X being part of the vote.

I think we can skip this one and the next one...

Quite frankly, I think the five that have voted for other schools (and any future voters) should be REQUIRED to justify their vote over St. X.

ust like Irquois, this isn't even close.

Maybe we should leave out St. X. and vote among the other schools. St. X could compete in the "X" category. The results would be the same either way. It just that putting them in the "X" category would eliminate the homer votes, At least I don't think that there would be any other contenders. No one can make a serious arguement that any votes should go to someone other than St. X. But then again this is the same voting block that elected Owensboro Catholic over Owensboro.

St. X.

 

Quit voting for your school, and make the right choice.

I think we can skip this one and the next one...

 

I agree, they should have combined the S & T schools to make it a little interesting.

 

By the way I did vote for St. Xavier and not my childrens school.

I think we can skip this one and the next one...

You awarding it to Tates Creek by acclimation? :confused: ;)

I'd say that my Jumpers are 2nd and a long way away from the tradition that St. X has built.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.