Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would you trade Dalton for RG3?

Would You Pop On This Deal? 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Would You Pop On This Deal?

    • In a heartbeat
      17%
    • No way
      82%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I am trying to figure out who the talented receivers are that RG3 would be throwing to.

 

Aj Green, Marvin Jones, Sanu. I Dont have to say much about Green. Marvin Jones is a legit number two and him not playing this year hurt more than people realized. Then Sanu as the number three receiver is very good. James Wright showed he can end up being a good number 4. Then you also have some one like Bernard out of the backfield, and also Eifert.

 

You will have a hard time arguing this because stats show that is a very talented group to throw. Just look at the 2013 season the Bengals finished in the top ten in offense, points per game. Shoot those same guys aloud even a qb like Dalton to throw for over 4000 yards and 30 touchdown passes. Basically not having Green for six games this year, Jones for none of the games, Eifert for only a quarter killed them. Most teams wrs groups would look horrible after all that.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There aren't many starting quarterbacks that you could trade straight up for Dalton and it be a bad thing. This is once bad scenario. RG3 is garbage.

 

And annoying....

  • Author

For the people who said no, why? Because that was my initial response too. However I really Dont think we lose much at all if RG3 was here instead of Dalton. We still would be run first, pass second. and try to rely on defense. Dalton sucks in all big games that's been proven for four straight years. He makes his pre reads at the line and then locks on one guy and doesn't come off of that guy based off his pre read. Now I realize RG3 has all kinds of problems too. However I just don't think we would be any worst off.I think we would either be the same, or small chance to get over the hump if a change of scenary did RG3 good.

 

It makes no sense, however it was the pro bowl that did me on on Dalton. Seeing all the other qbs look great that game and seeing Dalton make the same types of throws as he did for us really showed me how our qb play truly holds us back. I want this team to win now. There is no free agent qb to get. The draft needs to worry about other needs. With RG3 is a big risk but possible reward at the end. Then if he does suck we can get rid of him after next year. So either way could get rid of Dalton or him after next year if they fail. I am not saying it would work but I would take that chance.

I'd rather have FA Mark Sanchez than either of them.

The knock on RGIII is he is not a student of the game and spends more time promoting himself than being a team player.

 

He certainly has talent and lightning speed, however, he doesn't make people miss, thus the injuries. He has taken some soild hits.

 

You don't hear anything negative about AD in study habits or being a team guy. The team still has his back. They don't in Washington with RGIII. Talent wise RGIII is better the intangibles besides big game winning with AD are way in AD's favor.

 

That is why I'd take AD.

Definitely no... Because RG3 was far less successful under Gruden than Dalton....(says a lot right there)...

Dalton is way more durable...

If the Bengals are going to "take a chance"... Take a chance on a kid coming out of college, not a proven unsuccessful QB.

 

All that being said, when it comes to the Bengals' QB situation... Nothing wrong with spitballing ideas and thinking outside the box.

Aj Green, Marvin Jones, Sanu. I Dont have to say much about Green. Marvin Jones is a legit number two and him not playing this year hurt more than people realized. Then Sanu as the number three receiver is very good. James Wright showed he can end up being a good number 4. Then you also have some one like Bernard out of the backfield, and also Eifert.

 

You will have a hard time arguing this because stats show that is a very talented group to throw. Just look at the 2013 season the Bengals finished in the top ten in offense, points per game. Shoot those same guys aloud even a qb like Dalton to throw for over 4000 yards and 30 touchdown passes. Basically not having Green for six games this year, Jones for none of the games, Eifert for only a quarter killed them. Most teams wrs groups would look horrible after all that.

 

I am really interested in seeing Marvin Jones in 2015. As of right now, he has had about 4 or 5 good games in his career. This will be year 4 for him. I think he could be a legit number 2 receiver but he needs to be more consistent and stay on the field. It is a contract year for him so he will be motivated to put up some numbers and get paid.

 

Sanu ... I won't belabor the point I have made on him. Flashes of potential but I believe he led the NFL in drops in 2014. That is not what you want from your slot/3rd down possession guy.

 

Eifert ... will he stay on the field for 16 games? If yes, he could be something.

 

I will agree that there are some potential nice targets for Dalton if they all will stay healthy and exceed what we have seen from them so far.

I personally wouldn't want either one of them. They are both the same in my book, horrible.

  • Author
I am really interested in seeing Marvin Jones in 2015. As of right now, he has had about 4 or 5 good games in his career. This will be year 4 for him. I think he could be a legit number 2 receiver but he needs to be more consistent and stay on the field. It is a contract year for him so he will be motivated to put up some numbers and get paid.

 

Sanu ... I won't belabor the point I have made on him. Flashes of potential but I believe he led the NFL in drops in 2014. That is not what you want from your slot/3rd down possession guy.

 

Eifert ... will he stay on the field for 16 games? If yes, he could be something.

 

I will agree that there are some potential nice targets for Dalton if they all will stay healthy and exceed what we have seen from them so far.

 

As long as Marvin Jones is the same player he was before his injuries, then he is a legit #2 already. In 2013 he had over 50 catches for 700 yards good for 14 yards per catch. He had 10 touchdowns, which shows he helps a lot in the red zone. Marvin Jones that year was rated in the top in the NFL in terms of QB's passer rating when throwing to a particular receiver and QB rating for targets and deep balls caught. Which means when Dalton actually did look at someone else besides Green he did have someone who was really reliable who could get open and could complete passes to. As for Sanu he did have a lot of drops which is not good, however he also showed he can also be a very dangerous receiver. He will go from having the top CB of a team guarding him in 6 games this year, to having Nickel corners or safeties having to guard him.

 

As you mentioned them all staying healthy is key, and they do need to add more depth at WR. However if they are healthy, it is a talented bunch to throw to. In 2013 most of them were healthy and no a coincidence that even Dalton was able to throw for 4000 yards and over 30 TD's.

  • Author
The knock on RGIII is he is not a student of the game and spends more time promoting himself than being a team player.

 

He certainly has talent and lightning speed, however, he doesn't make people miss, thus the injuries. He has taken some soild hits.

 

You don't hear anything negative about AD in study habits or being a team guy. The team still has his back. They don't in Washington with RGIII. Talent wise RGIII is better the intangibles besides big game winning with AD are way in AD's favor.

 

That is why I'd take AD.

 

I completely agree with most of the flaws in RGIII game that you mentioned. However sometimes a person with talent like that needs to fail, to learn from it. Dalton has done all the right things in terms of trying to prepare, works hard, etc. However even with all that he has shown when it comes to the biggest games or moments it doesn't matter how much he prepares he just doesn't have it in him to make the throws when it matters most. I have no clue if RGIII could either, and based off the last two years probably not. However he does have the talent, and would have a much better supporting cast here in Cincy, and I think Hue's up front tough personality could light a fire under him. I just know that there really isn't many other options at QB for this year, and I just don't want to see another year go by of sticking to the same and failing. There are other flaws too on this team, but the QB spot is the biggest reason why we can't get over the hump. So even though there is great risk and this team could suck if we did get RGIII, that is a chance I would take for this coming year.

Even though Dalton is a backup playing as a starter, no, not for RG3.

BTW, serious question, where has Hellbird been? I would love to hear his stance on this. I hope he is not sick but he has been AWOL lately.

 

 

 

 

 

I'll sub.... Bengals will never win big with Andy and Barney(I mean Marvey) at the helm.

I'd trade Dalton for Anthony Davis....not Griffin. If Ant can knock down buzzer beats off a pump, he's clutch enough to win a playoff football game. #icewater.

  • Author
Even though Dalton is a backup playing as a starter, no, not for RG3.

 

Well no other QB is coming in the door this year. I doubt anytime would even trade a QB for Dalton either for this year. Shoot the Redskins probably wouldn't anyways since their owner loves RG3. So unless you all think Dalton could get this team over the hump this year, then why not take the chance? Is there a good chance RG3 sucks here and we have a terrible season, yes. However is there a small chance that being somewhere else actually lights a fire under him, maybe. All I know even if its the smallest chance that RG3 could turn it around, I would take it. Then if he fails your still in the same boat because you could get rid of him after this year like they could Dalton.

Well no other QB is coming in the door this year. I doubt anytime would even trade a QB for Dalton either for this year. Shoot the Redskins probably wouldn't anyways since their owner loves RG3. So unless you all think Dalton could get this team over the hump this year, then why not take the chance? Is there a good chance RG3 sucks here and we have a terrible season, yes. However is there a small chance that being somewhere else actually lights a fire under him, maybe. All I know even if its the smallest chance that RG3 could turn it around, I would take it. Then if he fails your still in the same boat because you could get rid of him after this year like they could Dalton.

Dalton hasn't been elite but he has clearly achieved more thus far in the NFL than RG3... To me, it would send a horrible message to guys in the locker room to make a move like that. Even you (FC) have pointed out several times that most of the Bengals' best receivers were out or hurt most of the season.... Not to mention, it was their first year with Hue as OC. I say, give Dalton this last year that contractually the Bengals are on the hook for. Second year with Hue, hope for healthy receivers and tight ends and offensive line...

Then, if Dalton doesn't get it done.... Move on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.