Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse Self-Imposes Postseason Ban

Featured Replies

Geez, what's wrong with these teams.. Cheating is allowed now, just ask UNC. No need to self impose anything anymore.

I wonder how they would have handled the situation if they were sitting there with a record like UK's, at 21-0?

I wonder how they would have handled the situation if they were sitting there with a record like UK's, at 21-0?

 

Exactly. Southern Miss did same this year. Think they've won 8 games .

19-3 ranked 5th? Do they self impose? Joke.

I know they are trying to get the NCAA to show Mercy, but I would make the NCAA take action. They have shown time after time they dont have a clue.

I know they are trying to get the NCAA to show Mercy, but I would make the NCAA take action. They have shown time after time they dont have a clue.

 

Syracuse believes with the Power Five Conferences being able to soon govern themselves, taking the ban now will give them time, according to a talking head on ESPN. He said in two years, those Power Five Conference may no longer be members of the NCAA and in a totally different organization that has NO RESTRICTIONS at all. If that happens I would guess college athletics are really in trouble and the Power Five organization will just be minor leagues?

Am I wrong in thinking if the NCAA put a team on probation that players can transfer without penalty. If so, I'd rather see the NCAA impose a ban next year and allow recruits and others to go other places. That's a punishment!

Edited by Jumper_Dad

So Syracuse hasn't beaten a ranked team all year, I guess now is a good time to go ahead and self-impose a postseason ban. They weren't long for the post season this year anyhow. In an act of solidarity, I am going to go ahead and self-impose to abstaine from dating Kate Upton.

What were the violations?

 

What I read stated it was due to academics and violations of the drug policy.

Seems kind of weak to be able to impose a punishment that isn't really much of a punishment at all this year. At the least, they should fine the school a decent amount of money that they would have had to miss out on if they were to actually make the NCAA tournament.

In related news, North Carolina has decided to vacate all their losses from 1999-2010.

Syracuse believes with the Power Five Conferences being able to soon govern themselves, taking the ban now will give them time, according to a talking head on ESPN. He said in two years, those Power Five Conference may no longer be members of the NCAA and in a totally different organization that has NO RESTRICTIONS at all. If that happens I would guess college athletics are really in trouble and the Power Five organization will just be minor leagues?

 

I really hope this doesnt happen. This will be the end of great NCAA events such as the Final Four, Track anf Field Championsip, College World Series, and many other events that allows smaller Universities the chance to compete. We can thank ESPN for their role in this if it happens.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.