Notre Dame 63 Cooper 50

Guest Scotty2hotty

Jags offense is non existent. It consists of passing the ball around then Held or Anderson going one on one. Need to adjust to your scorers and put them in a situation to succeed, not depend on them to go one on three everytime. On a good note, thought the Jags fought hard after going down by 10 in the first couple minutes of game.

Jags offense is non existent. It consists of passing the ball around then Held or Anderson going one on one. Need to adjust to your scorers and put them in a situation to succeed, not depend on them to go one on three everytime. On a good note, thought the Jags fought hard after going down by 10 in the first couple minutes of game.

As nonexistent as the offense is the defensive ball pressure but for the last few minutes was also nonexistent. IMO just a poor effort on both sides of the ball tonight for the jags.

No bigs and little 3 point shooting! This team has to use their defense as their offense. Seems like Held and Anderson are scoring for the jags?

Before you are too hard on the Jags, you have to remember they are very young. The season is mentally and physically grueling, especially for the younger ones. Yes, they may play competitive AAU. But that season is much different than high school. In AAU you may practice two times a week and play game on weekends. In High School, you have to be somewhere or think about bball every day! There are no "download" days. No days to re-energize. It's go go go for 3 1/2 months! That's tough on younger kids! Especially when you have freshman and you are introduced to high school and the workload most of them have nowadays. That takes getting used to in itself. It's nothing for my daughter to be up to 1-2 after a bball game doing homework. Not because she is behind, because the workload is so great! Its a hard adjustment for the young girls. Not giving them an "out", but there is a lot of truth behind that.

Before you are too hard on the Jags, you have to remember they are very young. The season is mentally and physically grueling, especially for the younger ones. Yes, they may play competitive AAU. But that season is much different than high school. In AAU you may practice two times a week and play game on weekends. In High School, you have to be somewhere or think about bball every day! There are no "download" days. No days to re-energize. It's go go go for 3 1/2 months! That's tough on younger kids! Especially when you have freshman and you are introduced to high school and the workload most of them have nowadays. That takes getting used to in itself. It's nothing for my daughter to be up to 1-2 after a bball game doing homework. Not because she is behind, because the workload is so great! Its a hard adjustment for the young girls. Not giving them an "out", but there is a lot of truth behind that.

And then throw in boys. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Guest Scotty2hotty
No bigs and little 3 point shooting! This team has to use their defense as their offense. Seems like Held and Anderson are scoring for the jags?

Good points. I think Anderson is 14 or 15 pts. a game and Held is just below that, but Held had a few games with finger issues and Anderson has had 3 or 4 games with foul trouble. For the most part they both would be right at 16 or 17 a game. I think what I was trying to say is that for example they are always way undersized and they try and play man the whole game. Bleska, Mitchell, Held, and Anderson can shoot the three but there sets never seem to get them an open look at the three.

Guest Scotty2hotty

All very good points RCC9, I can tell you are very passionate about your Birds as am I for the Jags. I know it is always easy to second quess, but I think at the high school level, especially on a young team like the Jags, sometimes you need to adjust your system to the girls and not the girls to the system if the depth and experience is not there. I hope that makes sense.

Guest Scotty2hotty
The middle school girls playing up don't seem to have any problems scoring in varsity games

Cooper doesnt have any middle school girls playing up.

Guest Scotty2hotty
I'm not referring to Cooper. Don't know anything about Cooper. You continue to talk about how hard it is for your young team to score. I'm saying other teams with middle school players are putting up a lot of points.

Not my point at all. Reread my posts. We have two players that are averaging 14 or 15 points a game, one is a freshman and one is a sophmore. My point is that almost all the teams I have watched thru the years, school and aau, have several set plays to help enhance the talent that they have to make it EASIER for them to score. Middle school players or seniors is irrelevant to my point.