Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 77 Duke 73

Featured Replies

Secondly, has anyone seen Villanova, as in seen them more than once or so? I honestly haven't seen a ton of them, but wonder how they compare to Notre Dame. I know they're the same type of team in a lot of ways, but didn't really get the impression that Nova is as good offensively as Notre Dame, at least when each are in top gear.

 

I have seen both several times (Nova and ND). They have some similarities, Nova has more depth, and ND may be a tick better offensively when "in top gear", however, Villanova is a TON better defensively. Nova is an outstanding defensive team, and Notre Dame, as I alluded to in the update thread, is ridiculously bad.

 

I won't even get into the Coaching difference between Jay Wright and Mike Brey, but one of them wins 2 or more games in the tourney a LOT, and the other is Mike Brey.

 

A better similarity for Notre Dame in the Big East would be Xavier. Both very good offensively, both really bad on the other end. Only difference is Notre Dame has played a schedule outside the Top 200, and Xavier has played one of the toughest 10 or 15 schedules in the country. Both ripe for early outs if they struggle at all to shoot the ball.

 

Notre Dame's non-conference schedule is one of the most comical things I've ever seen: they played only 3 Top 100 teams in the non-conf and 9 with RPI's over 200 (5 of them over 300). Yikes.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only watched the first half, probably should have kept watching but decided to go with My Cousin Vinny.

I only watched the first half, probably should have kept watching but decided to go with My Cousin Vinny.

 

No, you won that battle for sure. :thumb: You can never go wrong with that flick.

No, you won that battle for sure. :thumb: You can never go wrong with that flick.

 

Been a long time since I have watched it. Bill Belicheck's reference made me want to throw it in again. Love it.

Best game I've watched all year. If you haven't watched Grant this year you need to check this guy out. Hit a 3 in the first half that had to be 6 feet behind the arc. Runs the floor so well and his passing ability is amazing.

It's always a good day when Duke loses. :clap:

It's always a good day when Duke loses. :clap:

 

Don't be that (guy) girl...

I have seen both several times (Nova and ND). They have some similarities, Nova has more depth, and ND may be a tick better offensively when "in top gear", however, Villanova is a TON better defensively. Nova is an outstanding defensive team, and Notre Dame, as I alluded to in the update thread, is ridiculously bad.

 

I won't even get into the Coaching difference between Jay Wright and Mike Brey, but one of them wins 2 or more games in the tourney a LOT, and the other is Mike Brey.

 

A better similarity for Notre Dame in the Big East would be Xavier. Both very good offensively, both really bad on the other end. Only difference is Notre Dame has played a schedule outside the Top 200, and Xavier has played one of the toughest 10 or 15 schedules in the country. Both ripe for early outs if they struggle at all to shoot the ball.

 

Notre Dame's non-conference schedule is one of the most comical things I've ever seen: they played only 3 Top 100 teams in the non-conf and 9 with RPI's over 200 (5 of them over 300). Yikes.

 

 

Sounds good. I'll take your word for it. Starting to think I have just caught Nova at the wrong times because I didn't think they were very good. I did catch them on a night (not Georgetown, but can't remember who) where they didn't play like you'd think from the #4 team.

Sounds good. I'll take your word for it. Starting to think I have just caught Nova at the wrong times because I didn't think they were very good. I did catch them on a night (not Georgetown, but can't remember who) where they didn't play like you'd think from the #4 team.

 

Just to clarify, I don't think they are a Top 4 team either, but they are squarely in that 8-10 area.

 

Just did quick math and looked at remaining schedules: I'd have Nova 7-9.

Don't be that (guy) girl...

Someone that dislikes Duke?

Someone that dislikes Duke?

 

You know exactly what I meant.

You know exactly what I meant.

 

Sure, but what do I tell my coworker down the hall who dislikes Duke that knows nothing about UK? "Don't be that guy?" It is part of being a big boy program. You have detractors everywhere.

 

I agree with gt on Okafor. Dude can't help he is bigger. Duke will not fall off the map like UK did last season, but I can see a similar type ascension going in to the tournament where it all clicks. They are not good defensively, but I feel they can be good enough.

  • Author
Sure, but what do I tell my coworker down the hall who dislikes Duke that knows nothing about UK? "Don't be that guy?" It is part of being a big boy program. You have detractors everywhere.

 

:thumb:

Sure, but what do I tell my coworker down the hall who dislikes Duke that knows nothing about UK? "Don't be that guy?" It is part of being a big boy program. You have detractors everywhere.

 

 

Yeah, you tell him "don't be that guy".

 

I've never understood the people that get more joy from another team losing, than they do their team winning. Never made much sense to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.