Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 77 Duke 73

Featured Replies

Man runs a website thinks he's king of the world.......

 

Not sure what Guru has to do with this thread.

 

As to you, we know your feelings on Okafor. You state it at every turn possible. Come with something new. Change it up a bit. Not really your thing, but we get that... :idunno:

  • Replies 62
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm standing by Grant being a matchup problem for UK if they played. I don't know who they put on him. No way it's Ulis, Lyles, Booker. Basically leaves one of the Harrisons and Hawkins. Not really a matchup you really love.

 

I think UK is better and has way more talent, but I wouldn't want to play ND in a one-off when they're shooting normally, much less well, if there are some other alternatives.

 

I think Booker would do pretty well, but there aren't many guys in the game right now that are going to stop Grant from making a major impact. His ability to score and create for others will create a match up issue for pretty much anyone...

Is Grant ND's D Wade?

Is Grant ND's D Wade?

 

Totally different players, but I can see what you're getting at. ND no doubt depends on him like that Marquette team did D Wade to make things happen...

  • Author
Duke sucks.

 

I really only started this thread for this post. I expected to see it much sooner.

I really only started this thread for this post. I expected to see it much sooner.

 

Been getting my notes together and popping in and out while researching. Had to pop in for the Okafor sucks at free throws comments. :lol2:

 

Been getting my notes together and popping in and out while researching. Had to pop in for the Okafor sucks at free throws comments. :lol2:

 

He's turrible

 

Totally different players, but I can see what you're getting at. ND no doubt depends on him like that Marquette team did D Wade to make things happen...

 

They are much different. I could see ND making a run off of Grants play though. To me Grant is a more dangerous player than Okafor. However, both teams would have a much better opportunity at a final four if they played better on defense. The good thing for these two teams is that defense can be taught.

They are much different. I could see ND making a run off of Grants play though. To me Grant is a more dangerous player than Okafor. However, both teams would have a much better opportunity at a final four if they played better on defense. The good thing for these two teams is that defense can be taught.

 

The good thing for these two teams is they can shoot the cover off the ball when they have it going. God couldn't teach either to be elite on defense...

 

The good thing for these two teams is they can shoot the cover off the ball when they have it going. God couldn't teach either to be elite on defense...

 

In that case I would say they will have a great season, but both may be primed for an upset in the tourney. They have both had off shooting nights this season, which has resulted in losses. The chances of that happening through the course of the tournament are even higher. I'm a firm believer that defense wins championships, offense wins games. There is a happy medium though.

In that case I would say they will have a great season, but both may be primed for an upset in the tourney. They have both had off shooting nights this season, which has resulted in losses. The chances of that happening through the course of the tournament are even higher. I'm a firm believer that defense wins championships, offense wins games. There is a happy medium though.

 

Question: How am I supposed to respond to someone telling "UC Guy" about the value of defense and the typical result given the past 20 years?

 

Asking for a friend. Yeah...

I think Booker would do pretty well, but there aren't many guys in the game right now that are going to stop Grant from making a major impact. His ability to score and create for others will create a match up issue for pretty much anyone...

 

You've got a higher opinion of Booker's defense than I, but I guess I would say that I'm coming around to it some. More than anything, seems like a lot to ask of a freshman who doesn't even start for you and is shouldering a pretty big load offensively as is.

 

In a class that's weak on shooting guards, where do you see Booker ranking overall and do you think it's a foregone conclusion that he leaves? If he's the guy on the roster that would draw Grant if they matched up, I'd have to think the answer is yes.

Secondly, has anyone seen Villanova, as in seen them more than once or so? I honestly haven't seen a ton of them, but wonder how they compare to Notre Dame. I know they're the same type of team in a lot of ways, but didn't really get the impression that Nova is as good offensively as Notre Dame, at least when each are in top gear.

Grant put them on his shoulder and got the win. Great game to watch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.