Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame 77 Duke 73

Featured Replies

Final.

 

I got home to see the last 10 seconds or so, but the announcer said the Irish finished the game on a 22-8 run. What happened?

  • Replies 62
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jerian Grant happened...

Jerian Grant happened.

 

JMO, but the POY was in this game, but it ain't Okafor. Grant is ridiculously good.

I agree that Okafor is the best player in the college ranks. He impresses me every time I see him play, except for his free throw accuracy.

 

But.....I don't like the way the refs allow him to body bump and push his defender as he backs his way to a position to get a good shot. That's an offensive foul. He's got that big 270 pound body and if he's permitted to get away with that he's darn near unstoppabe. If a defender is standing his ground on defense he shouldn't be pushed and backed 4 feet. If I was a ref I'd give a warning and the next time enforce it.

Grant is something else.

The Irish have a good thing going.

I agree that Okafor is the best player in the college ranks. He impresses me every time I see him play, except for his free throw accuracy.

 

But.....I don't like the way the refs allow him to body bump and push his defender as he backs his way to a position to get a good shot. That's an offensive foul. He's got that big 270 pound body and if he's permitted to get away with that he's darn near unstoppabe. If a defender is standing his ground on defense he shouldn't be pushed and backed 4 feet. If I was a ref I'd give a warning and the next time enforce it.

 

It's hard for me to call a guy who is terrible on one side of the ball the best player in the country. Okafor is fantastic on offense. He's inept defensively.

I agree that Okafor is the best player in the college ranks. He impresses me every time I see him play, except for his free throw accuracy.

 

But.....I don't like the way the refs allow him to body bump and push his defender as he backs his way to a position to get a good shot. That's an offensive foul. He's got that big 270 pound body and if he's permitted to get away with that he's darn near unstoppabe. If a defender is standing his ground on defense he shouldn't be pushed and backed 4 feet. If I was a ref I'd give a warning and the next time enforce it.

 

Meh. A big part of the reason the game has changed for the worse is big dudes like Okafor being penalized for simply being bigger than the guy guarding them. If he isn't dropping a shoulder and is simply using leverage, there is no foul to be called...

Meh. A big part of the reason the game has changed for the worse is big dudes like Okafor being penalized for simply being bigger than the guy guarding them. If he isn't dropping a shoulder and is simply using leverage, there is no foul to be called...

 

The reverse of that is you're penalizing the smaller and lighter defender for being smaller and lighter, if he's not allowed to stand his ground on defense. But I know what you mean. Shaq made a career out of abusing smaller defenders.

The reverse of that is you're penalizing the smaller and lighter defender for being smaller and lighter, if he's not allowed to stand his ground on defense. But I know what you mean. Shaq made a career out of abusing smaller defenders.

 

Bonzie Colson is only about 6'4" but he held his ground on Okafor when it counted. He stayed low, used his strong base and kept the much bigger guy from getting deep post position. If you put a defender that is 6'8" and 220 pounds on him, expect to be abused...

I would just foul him and prepare to rebound the subsequent brick

 

We know...

Jerian Grant happened.

 

JMO, but the POY was in this game, but it ain't Okafor. Grant is ridiculously good.

 

I'm standing by Grant being a matchup problem for UK if they played. I don't know who they put on him. No way it's Ulis, Lyles, Booker. Basically leaves one of the Harrisons and Hawkins. Not really a matchup you really love.

 

I think UK is better and has way more talent, but I wouldn't want to play ND in a one-off when they're shooting normally, much less well, if there are some other alternatives.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.