Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2015

Featured Replies

Sounds like catching instruction will be improved this year.

 

Sam Liggett has joined the staff.

 

What a get for Highlands...:thumb:

 

Sam is the kind of kid you would never mind having your daughter bring home with her...

 

Super athlete with an incredible attitude and an even better person...I had the privilege of coaching Sam at the knothole levels and he was a man amongst the boys.

 

He is going to add a whole bunch of experience to that staff from a position coach standpoint...Huge pickup for Baioni

  • Replies 166
  • Views 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Sam is the kind of kid you would never mind having your daughter bring home with her...

 

 

I got that exact same quote about him yesterday.

I don't think Doty will see many varsity at-bats. I think they will handle him the same way as they did Jones as Frosh/Soph. He will pitch varsity and play JV otherwise. He has a decent bat, but he needs to be more consistent. The only way to get there is to get more AB's, and that won't happen with the varsity on a day-to-day basis. One other thing, as good of a pitcher he is, his catching days may largely be done at HHS.

 

#bigbluewreckingcrew

 

If it's true that his catching days may be done.... That's a shame for the kid and HHS baseball IMO.

I think he has the makings of an elite HS catcher and I've heard from several people that his hitting improved over the summer and fall.

 

Guess we'll see how it all unfolds soon enough.

Anybody got a roster yet? Tryouts have to have been done by now for crying out loud...Roster anyone ?

Baseball seasons starts on 2/15. Are they allowed to hold tryouts before the KHSAA allows the season to start?

Baseball seasons starts on 2/15. Are they allowed to hold tryouts before the KHSAA allows the season to start?

 

I hate rules...:thumb:

Anybody got a roster yet? Tryouts have to have been done by now for crying out loud...Roster anyone ?

 

As Chatty Cat said, tryouts can't start until Feb 15 per the state. That's a Sunday so probably won't start until the 16th (which is Presidents' Day so may not start that day). Then most schools have a 5 day minimum tryout length before cuts. So you are looking at the 20th as earliest roster date.

As Chatty Cat said, tryouts can't start until Feb 15 per the state. That's a Sunday so probably won't start until the 16th (which is Presidents' Day so may not start that day). Then most schools have a 5 day minimum tryout length before cuts. So you are looking at the 20th as earliest roster date.

 

Highlands is starting on February 15 at midnight. Having a little madness party down at Next Level Academy. Sweep you gather up the boys and stop on down. You have seen the roster my friend. Tdy posted it the other day. Not many spots open from last year according to many.

Highlands is starting on February 15 at midnight. Having a little madness party down at Next Level Academy. Sweep you gather up the boys and stop on down. You have seen the roster my friend. Tdy posted it the other day. Not many spots open from last year according to many.

 

Sweep is long asleep on most nights at 9pm so I doubt I will be watching kids hitting in a cage...

 

Sooooo, do you think I will be able to get a roster on 2-16-15?

 

I mean for cryin out loud, from what I have seen of the Birds the only thing "trying out" would be the new Flatbills...:thumb:

Good things come to those who wait.

 

Official rosters not likely until 2/25 or later.

Sweep is long asleep on most nights at 9pm so I doubt I will be watching kids hitting in a cage...

 

Sooooo, do you think I will be able to get a roster on 2-16-15?

 

I mean for cryin out loud, from what I have seen of the Birds the only thing "trying out" would be the new Flatbills...:thumb:

 

Bahahaha

Will his grand father (Ernie) continue with the program? He really gets along with the kids and keeps the motivation going.

The work in the weight room has been nothing but intense. Hats of to coach B for the tanasity and drive he's instilled in his players efforts in the off season. Boys are hungry, strong, quick, determined. Looking forward to catch a few games in between softball and track. ;) Good Luck Birds, watch out 9th!!

Will his grand father (Ernie) continue with the program? He really gets along with the kids and keeps the motivation going.

 

Nope! Ernie has decided to retire for good from what I understand. Ernie was good for the program. Hate to see him leave.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.