Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2015

Featured Replies

Baseball seasons starts on 2/15. Are they allowed to hold tryouts before the KHSAA allows the season to start?

 

Yeah 2/15 is nothing but a date that allows Coaches to make cuts. In Highlands case, they pretty much know who is in and who is out already. I just know that the Highlands staff will have some very tough decisions to make this year. Pretty much a good problem to have. I wouldn't want to be Jeremy Baioni after this weekend. A lot of emails and phone messages to return this year. Trust me, he will have to address.

 

Once this season has come and gone then it will start to work its way out but this year I think I heard that the numbers are in the 85-90 range trying out for Baseball. That's crazy! What's even crazier is that many were showing up to Involuntary workouts about a month ago.

 

Not to change the subject but I heard the projected number of Football players that are figured to dress Varsity in 2015 is 109. That doesn't count the Frosh team. Good problems to have.....

 

Back to Baseball!

  • Replies 166
  • Views 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will his grand father (Ernie) continue with the program? He really gets along with the kids and keeps the motivation going.

 

Nope...

 

I work with Ernie and he is Heartbroken that he had to step away. He loved those kids and has already invested a ton of time into the program. He wouldn't state to me why he is stepping away but I can assure everyone that it has nothing to do with his Job. He could walk away from his Job tomorrow if need be. It had to be something crazy for Ernie to step away! Ernie will be missed in that Baseball program!

Nope...

 

I work with Ernie and he is Heartbroken that he had to step away. He loved those kids and has already invested a ton of time into the program. He wouldn't state to me why he is stepping away but I can assure everyone that it has nothing to do with his Job. He could walk away from his Job tomorrow if need be. It had to be something crazy for Ernie to step away! Ernie will be missed in that Baseball program!

 

What...? Say it aint so....guess they opted for the younger Liggett instead:thumb:

Yeah 2/15 is nothing but a date that allows Coaches to make cuts. In Highlands case, they pretty much know who is in and who is out already. I just know that the Highlands staff will have some very tough decisions to make this year. Pretty much a good problem to have. I wouldn't want to be Jeremy Baioni after this weekend. A lot of emails and phone messages to return this year. Trust me, he will have to address.

 

Once this season has come and gone then it will start to work its way out but this year I think I heard that the numbers are in the 85-90 range trying out for Baseball. That's crazy! What's even crazier is that many were showing up to Involuntary workouts about a month ago.

 

Not to change the subject but I heard the projected number of Football players that are figured to dress Varsity in 2015 is 109. That doesn't count the Frosh team. Good problems to have.....

 

Back to Baseball!

 

This...

 

 

is why I am asking for a roster...anyone? JOAT ya got your ears on son...come in JOAT

 

 

JOAT...

This...

 

 

is why I am asking for a roster...anyone? JOAT ya got your ears on son...come in JOAT

 

 

JOAT...

 

I was just going to ask if you have seen a roster. I have seen/heard nothing.

Highlands is starting on February 15 at midnight. Having a little madness party down at Next Level Academy. Sweep you gather up the boys and stop on down. You have seen the roster my friend. Tdy posted it the other day. Not many spots open from last year according to many.

 

 

Headed down to Bobby Mackeys to take a couple shots at the bull and will probably swing by at midnite to pickup my roster...

 

Heck, I will be good and loose by then maybe I will take a couple swings in the cage...:thumb:

  • Author
Headed down to Bobby Mackeys to take a couple shots at the bull and will probably swing by at midnite to pickup my roster...

 

Heck, I will be good and loose by then maybe I will take a couple swings in the cage...:thumb:

 

Will buy you a cold one at Bambooz next door. Then we can see who has the highest velo on the radar gun. Win/win!

 

Hope to see you there. #bigbluewreckingcrew

  • Author

Link to photos from last night's Midnight Madness. Awesome time was had by all. Great idea by Coach B and the staff. Special thanks to Next Level Academy for use of their facility and Dixie Chili for supplying the food for the boys. #bigbluewreckingcrew

 

https://plus.google.com/photos/104497968313180471011/albums/6115976905912364993?authkey=CKnt8uqF-I6akgE

  • Author
Link to photos from last night's Midnight Madness. Awesome time was had by all. Great idea by Coach B and the staff. Special thanks to Next Level Academy for use of their facility and Dixie Chili for supplying the food for the boys. #bigbluewreckingcrew

 

https://plus.google.com/photos/104497968313180471011/albums/6115976905912364993?authkey=CKnt8uqF-I6akgE

 

One more thing. Special thanks to Kevin Neoporte for coming out on Valentine's Day and serving as MC and DJ for the event. Dude is a great ambassador for HHS.

Wow...Great pics by Jen :thumb:

 

Really impressive that while I look through those baseball pics I cant help but notice the amount of spectators in the stands watching, just an incredible job of getting this program back to the top.

 

Couldn't help myself while looking at the pics to see the 20n10 football pics, a great trip down memory road right there...

Roster?...

 

Anyone...:thumb:

  • Author
Roster?...

 

Anyone...:thumb:

 

Too early grasshopper.

 

Time will tell my friend. At least two seniors who weren't there in 2014 were trying out at midnight madness.

 

Btw first practice in the field house tomorrow.

 

#bigbluewreckingcrew

Too early grasshopper.

 

Time will tell my friend. At least two seniors who weren't there in 2014 were trying out at midnight madness.

 

Btw first practice in the field house tomorrow.

 

#bigbluewreckingcrew

 

Do these seniors have game? What are their primary positions and can they pitch?

  • Author
Do these seniors have game? What are their primary positions and can they pitch?

 

Schoepf and Orne are the two I saw at MM.

 

Both are outfielders and have prior baseball experience. Schoepf last played in 8th grade on the frosh and JV team and summer ball for NKY Wildcats.

 

Orne last played JV as a sophomore and plays summer ball for NKY Blue Devils.

 

Both are athletes with baseball skills. They have game. Orne has pitched in the past as a side armed reliever. They both have a legitimate shot to make the team.

Schoepf and Orne are the two I saw at MM.

 

Both are outfielders and have prior baseball experience. Schoepf last played in 8th grade on the frosh and JV team and summer ball for NKY Wildcats.

 

Orne last played JV as a sophomore and plays summer ball for NKY Blue Devils.

 

Both are athletes with baseball skills. They have game. Orne has pitched in the past as a side armed reliever. They both have a legitimate shot to make the team.

 

So you are trying to tell me that 2 kids that have not played baseball in the last several years have a chance to make the team over juniors that have been a part of the program for the last 3 to 4 years? If that happens, you may see a mass exodus from the program. I would sure hope that junior or younger kids would not be pushed aside for two kids that did not want to be a part of the program until they were seniors. I will be sure to stay tuned to these developments.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.