Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2015

Featured Replies

So what is the word on the junior class? I have been hearing some troubling things going around and was wondering if someone could fill in the blanks please.

 

I'd look for about a dozen juniors on the roster. That seems normal.

  • Replies 166
  • Views 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post a roster pls...JOAT, you got a roster yet? :thumb:

Can someone post a roster pls...JOAT, you got a roster yet? :thumb:

 

It is customary to hold tryouts before a roster is formed.

Is he out of basketball and baseball? Not to sure about that one just yet. Could have sworn I saw him warming up during the NCC and Bellevue basketball games.

 

What I am hearing is that some juniors have decided not to return to the program this year. Cannot confirm and do not know exactly who it is.

 

Well there you go. I should have asked Tbirds before I posted. I thought maybe the surgery would have kept him out. I stand corrected. Wait, he had surgery right? Or was I just so flustered at the football desert reception after watching the "highlight" tape, that I didn't know what I was seeing.

 

So does that mean he is playing baseball?

It is customary to hold tryouts before a roster is formed.

 

Tryouts are all but a formality this yr for Varsity...just curious if anyone has an unofficial roster yet so I can see what kids are returning and which kids are not...:thumb:

 

From what I am hearing there is going to be a handful of JV spots open for the taking as some kids that were being counted on are foregoing this season and will be concentrating on other interests instead...

Best pitching staff in Northern Kentucky, and it isn't close.

 

Totally Agree! They are loaded on the mound!

No doubt about it. Jones, Martin, Raisor are a very good top 3. I haven't seen Doty but I know PBR has had very good things to say about him.

Roster anyone...C'mon it ain't that hard...

Roster anyone...C'mon it ain't that hard...

 

Look at last years roster and I believe you have a pretty good start.

Who are the potential candidates for the 2nd base spot? Outfield contenders: Krieger, Walkenhorst, Dougherty, and Beal...?

These are kids from last years roster that I know of that are playing/trying out. Jr's will be Sr's, So's will be Jr's, and so on.

 

 

 

32 Kenny Ball IF, P, C Jr. 12 Conner Kreeger So.

18 Lou Bunning P, 1B, OF Jr. 25 Joseph Martin 1B, 3B, P Jr.

Ethan Doty Fr. 5 Donnie Mills 1B, 3B Jr.

3 Grayson Heck IF, P Jr. 11 Brady Murray OF Jr.

13 Luke Hennigan C Jr. 21 Jacob Noe OF, P Jr.

2 Mitchell Jones OF, P Jr. 33 Ricky Raisor P So.

44 Todd Ramey 1B, 3B, C Jr.

6 Alex Veneman OF, P Jr. 4 Jake Whitford SS/2B Jr.

Well that didn't work. Sweep, maybe you can adjust the roster to be able to read it.

Who are the potential candidates for the 2nd base spot? Outfield contenders: Krieger, Walkenhorst, Dougherty, and Beal...?

 

So you name 4 guys for outfielder spots, what happens to the three that do not take that spot? I will give my opinions on each after having seen them play. Kreeger has a solid bat, but may help this team quite a bit on the mound. No doubt he can play. Walkenhorst is a 1B and IMO has the best glove at that position than anyone in the program. Makes decent contact, but needs to be a stronger presence at the plate. Dougherty is currently injured and would be the best defensive outfielder of the bunch. Not as fast as Murray or Vennaman, but I would take my chances that he would get to as many balls or more than them in the outfield. Of the four, probably has the most power and would just need to be more consistent day in and day out. Beal is the fastest of the bunch and can go get them in the outfield as well. Speed is a plus on the basepaths, just needs to make better use of that speed by hitting the ball on the ground and working on bunting for base hits. All four of these kids could/would start at most programs in Northern Kentucky. Second base could be a big question mark. Perhaps Austin Mayhew can be more consistent with the leather and earn that spot. Has a nice bat which would be a plus for sure.

I seen Walkenhorst play a lot in the Summer. He played an excellent OF for the Bluegrass Lions and has a good approach at the plate. Kid takes the game serious and plays hard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.