Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County

Featured Replies

New year same story for Greenup County. Didn't a much younger Greenup Co. team just beat a much more experienced and senior-laden Lewis Co. team for the district last season? And now they have people calling for the coach's head. Same story with Fraley and Youngman. I know Youngman left on his own terms but there were still people in the Greenup community that were highly critical of him. You'll never build a good program without stability at the varsity head coaching position.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New year same story for Greenup County. Didn't a much younger Greenup Co. team just beat a much more experienced and senior-laden Lewis Co. team for the district last season and now they have people calling for the coach's head. Same story with Fraley and Youngman. I know Youngman left on his own terms but there were still people in the Greenup community that were highly critical of him. You'll never build a good program without stability at the varsity head coaching position.
Oh, surely you haven't forgotten Jeff Nickel and Mike Hughes.
  • Author
Oh, surely you haven't forgotten Jeff Nickel and Mike Hughes.

 

That's who should still be there. 18 and 10 and won district. Hughes coached and won many games in Ohio, and top AAU teams. Now Nickel is at SSU girls. I don't know why ,if fired or left? That would been a nice way to build a winner.

  • Author
New year same story for Greenup County. Didn't a much younger Greenup Co. team just beat a much more experienced and senior-laden Lewis Co. team for the district last season? And now they have people calling for the coach's head. Same story with Fraley and Youngman. I know Youngman left on his own terms but there were still people in the Greenup community that were highly critical of him. You'll never build a good program without stability at the varsity head coaching position.

 

Kids got hot, if you remember 13 and 15 in regular season, then he killed us vs Ashland in regional seim . In 2n quarter ,keeping both big men on bench, as we got out rebounded ,and down 20 at half.

  • Author
I find this thread disgusting. I love and hate the internet at the same time. The dissemination of information is amazing, but the growth of personal attacks behind the anonymity of a screen name is appalling. I truly wish some people knew what went into coaching at the high school level. It's always people who have never coached anything of significance in their life that display these type of attitudes. I truly hope this man never has to read this as nobody deserves it.

First of all, please point out where I have personally attacked this man. I am only speaking of his coaching ability. These discussions happen everyday on ESPN. Anonymity is everywhere. It is part of sports media and political media every day.

  • Author

And for you people giving me a hard time about anonymity , where is your real name. And in a past post on this thread ,I answered why.

 

People being hard on coach Biggs. I don't understand that at all. He`s had a lot of great years. And Miller out some, and a tuff bunch of games. Schedule is strong.

 

If you consider district championships success, then I agree. Unfortunately the program is in the worst shape its ever been in. Like it or not, the coach has to take some blame for that.

  • Author
If you consider district championships success, then I agree. Unfortunately the program is in the worst shape its ever been in. Like it or not, the coach has to take some blame for that.
True its a very bad year. A bunch of winning seasons , district championships , and a hand full of regional final games. Should help a bit, but may be not..
If you consider district championships success, then I agree. Unfortunately the program is in the worst shape its ever been in. Like it or not, the coach has to take some blame for that.

 

What would you consider to be success? Is the only success regional championships? If so only Baker, Perry, and Thacker have won regional titles at their current position. I'm not necessary defending anyone but up until this year Biggs has had a solid record at Ashland.

 

And let me remind you that there are many blooming idiots who have won regional titles.

  • Author
Oh, and it's always the coaches fault at Greenup.

 

The past 2 years it is for sure . Be fore that may be a few. I think be for Tackett , 3 of the 4 had winning teams, the other one was close to 500. there `s a problem somewhere. And some times it is the lack of players.

The past 2 years it is for sure . Be fore that may be a few. I think be for Tackett , 3 of the 4 had winning teams, the other one was close to 500. there `s a problem somewhere. And some times it is the lack of players.

 

The same coach you are blaming for last year won the district and upset Rowan in the regional tournament.

  • Author
The same coach you are blaming for last year won the district and upset Rowan in the regional tournament.

 

He did, no the kids played great. Gage Hughes and Jair Jackson took over. And in the Rowan game Hughes broke O J Mayo`s scoring by a 8th grader, and made 8 foul shot in the last minuet of the game. What Tackett did do is cost them the next game VS Ashland.

Im guessing it was either Johnny or Little Jimmy :thumb:

First of all, please point out where I have personally attacked this man. I am only speaking of his coaching ability. These discussions happen everyday on ESPN. Anonymity is everywhere. It is part of sports media and political media every day.

 

That is just you're opinion of his coaching ability, let's all remember, the guys that dedicate their life to the sport are the guys that know the least, right? Not fair at all to bash guys at the high school level who make pennies and do it for the love of the game. Ultimately, every one has an opinion, whether it's justified or not. I have no horse at all in this race and would need a map to find Greenup County but I have never once heard ESPN discuss Greenup County Basketball on under total anonymity, probably because it's just high school basketball in Kentucky, College/Pro guys making millions should be critiqued a little harder than the local guy who probably teaches a full load of classes all day then goes to practice.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.