Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County

Featured Replies

^ I got news for you, getting on a social media site to bash a coach won't be kept "anonymous", coaches, and school officials have a way of finding out who the people are behind a keyboard, they will have a good idea who the player/parent/fan is online.

  • Replies 170
  • Views 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
^ I got news for you, getting on a social media site to bash a coach won't be kept "anonymous", coaches, and school officials have a way of finding out who the people are behind a keyboard, they will have a good idea who the player/parent/fan is online.

 

all I can say to that is good luck, And freedom of speech, May be he should do more coaching, then worrying about me,,

all I can say to that is good luck, And freedom of speech, May be he should do more coaching, then worrying about me,,

 

But the point is, you are claiming that being anonymous is helping keep heat off your son, which isn't exactly true. And many times it's the other parents who figure it out. Just saying.....

  • Author
But the point is, you are claiming that being anonymous is helping keep heat off your son, which isn't exactly true. And many times it's the other parents who figure it out. Just saying.....

 

may be , who knows? Guess will see! I know i` am not the only one who feels this way about him. long list .

I'm just saying, if I had an issue with my sons coach I would talk to the coach, as I wouldn't see a coach seeing that as an attack, I would see it being straight up an honest. myself, I would do it this was for a few reasons, one being that is just the kind of person I am, second I would see it as the best move for my son.

  • Author
I'm just saying, if I had an issue with my sons coach I would talk to the coach, as I wouldn't see a coach seeing that as an attack, I would see it being straight up an honest. myself, I would do it this was for a few reasons, one being that is just the kind of person I am, second I would see it as the best move for my son.

 

really, best move for son. So if the coach gets really mad, cause you questioned his coaching. then benches your son , that would be a good move. IM guessing most coaches don't want parents coming at them .when unhappy .Doesn't matter how you see it, only how coach see`s it.

I trying to figure out how the coach cost Greenup the regional game against Ashland last year. It was a blowout and Greenup hadn't beat Ashland in about 5 years

  • Author
I trying to figure out how the coach cost Greenup the regional game against Ashland last year. It was a blowout and Greenup hadn't beat Ashland in about 5 years

 

true, GREENUP LOST BY 1 AT home last year. Then in regional game, in the 2nd quarter it was a close game. With around 4min left in quarter , both big men picked up there 2ned foul, then he keep them on the bench, while Ashland killed them on the O and D boards . And built a big lead by half.. The 2nd half played 2-3 zone while Ashland made a bunch of 3`s.. that's how.. When there`s no tomorrow , if you lose . Cant keep them on the bench. Also moved Hughes from point to shooting guard , the game after he broke O J Mayo`s points in a regional game for a 8th grader.

95463a6b6df2ffe8e58af981620d81fa.jpg

Should have taken his own advice, considering he died from tertiary syphilis he contracted from a homosexual brothel (or so the tale goes).

true, GREENUP LOST BY 1 AT home last year. Then in regional game, in the 2nd quarter it was a close game. With around 4min left in quarter , both big men picked up there 2ned foul, then he keep them on the bench, while Ashland killed them on the O and D boards . And built a big lead by half.. The 2nd half played 2-3 zone while Ashland made a bunch of 3`s.. that's how.. When there`s no tomorrow , if you lose . Cant keep them on the bench. Also moved Hughes from point to shooting guard , the game after he broke O J Mayo`s points in a regional game for a 8th grader.

 

That regular season game was a 10 point game with less than a minute left. A couple of 3 pointers a some missed ft made it close. I think Tackett deserves more credit for beating Rowan than he does criticism for losing to Ashland. Greenup had a losing record heading into the post season.

 

And I believe Ashland's lead in the region was 9 at the half and quickly swelled to 20 plus in the third. Greenup struggles against pressure

Should have taken his own advice, considering he died from tertiary syphilis he contracted from a homosexual brothel (or so the tale goes).

 

As long as Greenup remains an abyss, people will continue to gaze into it and they will also become the abyss.

Edited by GRC Hoops

Again, I don't the coaching staff or the player but how is a school's youth basketball program (feeder system) run by their baseball program?

 

In the long run, that is a "Death Sentence" for the basketball program. Your feeder system has to be running and managed by basketball personnel that has the best interest of the basketball program at heart. Maybe that is the reason Greenup has struggled since the "Ward Years".

 

I would think the current basketball situation may be more of an administrative issue than a coaching issue. The community should demand the youth program be a feeder system for high school teams.

  • Author
Again, I don't the coaching staff or the player but how is a school's youth basketball program (feeder system) run by their baseball program?

 

In the long run, that is a "Death Sentence" for the basketball program. Your feeder system has to be running and managed by basketball personnel that has the best interest of the basketball program at heart. Maybe that is the reason Greenup has struggled since the "Ward Years".

 

I would think the current basketball situation may be more of an administrative issue than a coaching issue. The community should demand the youth program be a feeder system for high school teams.

 

IT does sound funny that the baseball team is managing the youth program, Guessing for the money. The basketball team should be , I agree. If they wont do it , some one has too. I think just about every school has years where talent is down, the last 2 years talent , size shooters and speed , has not been the problem . And yes the administration is part of the problem, lost a few good coaches after a year, for some reason in the last 10 years many coaches have come and gone. Hopefully ,Harold will move on, and a new coach will come in ,take over youth teams and win some games..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.