Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region Refs?

Featured Replies

No nerve but don't lie. He made a strong statement and then said he was just wondering. Have sack and stand behind your belief.

 

What on earth is "have sack", I must really be out of the loop..I guess my understanding of the statement was different than yours,,but the ref is always correct..but that's ok as the sun will still come up in the AM..

  • Replies 86
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it's an over beat topic but after attending multiple boys games and multiple girls games this year in the 9th region and tournaments in Lexington, I have to say the 9th region officials have to be at the bottom of the barrel as far as good and consistant.

 

Attending the girls All A tournament and now tonight's Ludlow Vs Holy Cross game seen way to many obvious slaps to the face and elbows to the head go uncalled but yet the flops are cinsistant and the ghost make up calls. I'm not personally an official and don't claim to be but I played the game for 15 years and no a foul from a whoops missed the last one that was close enough.

 

Has anyone else noticed this during other 9th region games?

 

 

I would say you haven't seen all the refs in the region then. There are plenty of good officials that are probably not going to get assigned to the girls all A games when they could be working college games or much more competitive high school games. I know that there are plenty of state semi-final and finals officials in this region. If you haven't put the stripes on give it a shot.

I think he just does College currently, but always been a big fan of Jon Campbell.

Edited by tark the shark

Think its the inconsistency that I have seen. If you think the refs are that way in boys games, go watch girls BB. Just my opinion (though others agree) there's a ref that consistently officiates Cooper games and seems to always target Hathorn. Not just once or twice but there have been a few games he's been pushed, pulled, elbowed and knocked around and has had more touch fouls called against him. Again just a few people's opinions, I just want consistent calls and as previously stated let the official observing their "area" make their calls not the guy at mid court watching backs

I agree with Mr.Watson 100 percent!!!

Most referees are viewed as bad because those judging them are biased for one team. I find the refs do a much better job when I do not care who wins.

 

This. Exactly.

 

I would HaTE to be an official. No matter what, they are always upsetting atleast 50% of the people. What other job has that ratio? Ouch.

Better than 10th region

It has been my experience that the people who complain the most about officiating are the ones with the least amount of basketball knowledge.

 

I attended a game recently and heard the following:

 

"call it both ways" - the fouls were 4 and 4 at the time.

"at least be consistent and call some on them" - the fouls were 6 and 6 at the time.

"that was all ball" - yeah, but did you see his other hand push the guy in the back?!

 

My favorite of the evening - a young man is driving to the basket, he's out of control, runs hard into a taller defender who had established position. Official calls a walk. Heard from the stands - "he drove his chest right into his head". Really?! Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?! :lol2:

My favorite is EVERY SINGLE TIME someone dives after a ball or is on the ground with the ball at all, the people who lose their mind claiming its a walk.

 

It's not!

I love to see that Brian Sandlin is back in the 9th region, he calls a great game. He had been in the 8th for several years.

 

Sandlin should have stayed in the 8th Region. Pompous showboat who is always trying to interact with the crowd. Capable of calling a good game but he thinks we all came to watch him.

Sandlin should have stayed in the 8th Region. Pompous showboat who is always trying to interact with the crowd. Capable of calling a good game but he thinks we all came to watch him.

 

I personally know Sandlin and know that he has more love for officiating then anyone I have ever met. Sounds like a personal thing against Sandlin because everyone else seems to agree that he is one of the best in the 9th. And I would be willing to bet the coaches would take him on their game any day.

I personally know Sandlin and know that he has more love for officiating then anyone I have ever met. Sounds like a personal thing against Sandlin because everyone else seems to agree that he is one of the best in the 9th. And I would be willing to bet the coaches would take him on their game any day.

 

I agree with what you're saying, but if you do know Sandlin, then you know the "showboat" part is correct too! LOL! However, that really doesn't bother me at all. I think he does a good job!

I agree with what you're saying, but if you do know Sandlin, then you know the "showboat" part is correct too! LOL! However, that really doesn't bother me at all. I think he does a good job!

 

I agree he can get a little exaggerated! but I think it all stems from his love for the game and selling the call to the crowd with a good whistle.

But love 'em or hate 'em, the Ref's do a better job than I can do....so who am I to complain.

 

Can't wait for spring to remind you of this one !

Sandlin should have stayed in the 8th Region. Pompous showboat who is always trying to interact with the crowd. Capable of calling a good game but he thinks we all came to watch him.

 

Are you, by chance, a 9th Region official ?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.