Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region Refs?

Featured Replies

I know it's an over beat topic but after attending multiple boys games and multiple girls games this year in the 9th region and tournaments in Lexington, I have to say the 9th region officials have to be at the bottom of the barrel as far as good and consistant.

 

Attending the girls All A tournament and now tonight's Ludlow Vs Holy Cross game seen way to many obvious slaps to the face and elbows to the head go uncalled but yet the flops are cinsistant and the ghost make up calls. I'm not personally an official and don't claim to be but I played the game for 15 years and no a foul from a whoops missed the last one that was close enough.

 

Has anyone else noticed this during other 9th region games?

  • Replies 86
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No foul was called on this play from the NewCath/CovCath game Friday.....and McDonald left the game with a bloody nose.

 

foul.jpg

But love 'em or hate 'em, the Ref's do a better job than I can do....so who am I to complain.

In wrestling we call that a cross face.

Kinda

Kinda

 

True, should be reaching around for the triceps, but looks like he was attempting to go for the ball.

  • Author
No foul was called on this play from the NewCath/CovCath game Friday.....and McDonald left the game with a bloody nose.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48637[/ATTACH]

 

Same type of play happened tonight in the Ludlow Holy Cross game it also went uncalled?

Here's the thing. The top of the 9th is pretty darned good. The problem is after about the top half dozen or so, it falls off a cliff.

 

Still overall, the 9th are better than a lot of regions

I love to see that Brian Sandlin is back in the 9th region, he calls a great game. He had been in the 8th for several years.

Overall 9th region guys are very good bit I will agree with post above, there's a huge drop off after the top 10 or so. And it's really huge...

Sandy is the best there is. Great guy too.

  • Author

Who are a couple names you guys think are considered the Good ones? The 3 I seen do the women's All A championship game where not good at all it looked like each guy picked a team they would be for and the girl ref (who I've never seen until that night officiate) was the middle man/woman for the game.

Who are a couple names you guys think are considered the Good ones? The 3 I seen do the women's All A championship game where not good at all it looked like each guy picked a team they would be for and the girl ref (who I've never seen until that night officiate) was the middle man/woman for the game.
That's ridiculous for multiple reasons and I hope no one other then this even responds to you.
  • Author

Not trying to be ridiculous being honest the women ref was by far the most consistant and for the most part making the right calls the whole night the other two where subpar at best! Not trying to insult or make any suspect comments!

Who are a couple names you guys think are considered the Good ones? The 3 I seen do the women's All A championship game where not good at all it looked like each guy picked a team they would be for and the girl ref (who I've never seen until that night officiate) was the middle man/woman for the game.

 

That's ridiculous for multiple reasons and I hope no one other then this even responds to you.

 

I agree. While there are going to no calls and calls that we don't like for one reason or another, these guys and gals do the best they can do. If you don't like how they are calling a game you're more than welcome to become an Official yourself.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.