Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th region Refs?

Featured Replies

You need tape for an elbow to the head where the ball's at and where the ref's are looking. WOW!!!!

  • Replies 86
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not know Brian Sandlin. First year seeing him call games. I think he calls a very nice game. Communicates well with the coaches. Yes, he's got a little flash him on his calls but I don't have a problem with that unless he starts moonwalking across the floor to report a foul.

 

My counsel would be to stop talking to the fans so much. NOTE: It has ZERO to do with how he calls his games. No impact whatsoever.

 

However, the guy whose job it is to be impartial cannot be joking around and having fun with fans prior to the game. It give some fans reason to say "hey, we didn't get that call because he is so friendly with the other team's fans." Again, not real but perception matters. Less talking eliminates this possible claim of bias.

 

Again, I think he's a strong official.

 

Saw Sandlin lastnight at the Ryle/Conner girls game and he seemed rather subdued from what I have witnessed in the past and he called a decent game. Maybe he has taken the criticism from some and tried to tone down his act. We can only hope.

Saw Sandlin lastnight at the Ryle/Conner girls game and he seemed rather subdued from what I have witnessed in the past and he called a decent game. Maybe he has taken the criticism from some and tried to tone down his act. We can only hope.

 

I'll take a cat the is animated that gets the calls right vs some schmo that doesn't know the rulebook.

A few weeks ago I witnessed one of the worst missed calls I've ever seen. The officials were from the 8th Region. During the initial Jump Ball, the jumper from SK came down with the ball and dribbled up the court. No one outside the circle ever entered the circle and the only players that touched the ball were the two jumpers. It was so obvious I initially thought there must have been a rules change. Three officials and none made the call. A call such as this should never be missed. Officials miss calls during the flow of the game and that's to be expected, but this should never, ever be missed.

A few weeks ago I witnessed one of the worst missed calls I've ever seen. The officials were from the 8th Region. During the initial Jump Ball, the jumper from SK came down with the ball and dribbled up the court. No one outside the circle ever entered the circle and the only players that touched the ball were the two jumpers. It was so obvious I initially thought there must have been a rules change. Three officials and none made the call. A call such as this should never be missed. Officials miss calls during the flow of the game and that's to be expected, but this should never, ever be missed.

 

So the ball is tossed in the air for the tip. What happened exactly? Did the jumper simply go up and catch it? Did it bounce on the floor and then he grabbed it?

I believe one or both of the jumpers got a small piece, but ball came straight down. Either way, it should have been jumped again, if no touch, or someone outside the circle has to gain possesion first.

Ball never hit the floor.

 

OK. If the ball hit the floor (anywhere) the jumper can grab it.

 

I'ver never seen that one as you described it.

I believe one or both of the jumpers got a small piece, but ball came straight down. Either way, it should have been jumped again, if no touch, or someone outside the circle has to gain possesion first.

 

One correction: Possession outside the circle is not a requirement. A simple touch would suffice.

If the ball hits the floor after the tip, it's free to any player. This one came straight down to the jumper before contact with floor.

If the ball hits the floor after the tip, it's free to any player. This one came straight down to the jumper before contact with floor.

 

Gotcha. Sounds like a complete miss.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.