Lincoln County 66 Boyle County 55

From what I have seen from Boyle, Elkins is not really an option on offense. He has got to relish cleaning up missed shots and from what I am seeing he is strugglin to find his niche offensively. He should be getting 8 to 10 points/game off the off boards alone. The "big fella"is w/o question the guy who will determine how far Boyle gets this year.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elkins wasn't an option tonight because Lincoln packed a 2-3 zone down on him and double teamed him when he caught the ball. Boyle didn't do a great job attacking the zone.

I have no problem with Bell taking shots tonight. They couldn't stop him.

On the flip side, Boyle County couldn't stop Jacob Conway. I would have tried to double team him, especially when he was catching it in the post. Conway is a really good player. He deserves more college offers.

The game got chippy late. The intentional foul was a result of some talking/pushing etc. before that. The coaches were screaming at Conway to not attempt a dunk up 8 or whatever it was with 10 seconds to go. It was a hard foul but I didn't feel it was deserving of that call.

The final score isn't really indicative of how close the game was. Lincoln just made a lot of free throws in the final minute and capitalized on the intentional call.

Tonight was probably the best high school atmosphere I've seen so far this season. The gym was intense from the get go, both student sections were on fire and the fans were completely into every play from start to finish.

Berea College was there to watch Bell. Georgetown College was also there checking the game out. Lincoln Memorial was there to check in on Taylor.

From what I have seen from Boyle, Elkins is not really an option on offense. He has got to relish cleaning up missed shots and from what I am seeing he is strugglin to find his niche offensively. He should be getting 8 to 10 points/game off the off boards alone. The "big fella"is w/o question the guy who will determine how far Boyle gets this year.

Elkins was also playing in pain tonight. He injured his back before the back. He can't do anything offensively without the ball in his hands. He was basically eliminated tonight by a good defensive game plan.

Some stats from the game.

BC

FG 17/45 37.8% (J. Bell 11/25, Tyler 2/9)

3pt FG 4/20 20% (J. Bell 3/10, Tyler 1/5)

FT 17/26 65.4% (J Bell 10/15, Hinkle 3/4, Tyler 3/5)

Reb. 31 (Tyler & Elkins 9, Bean 7)

Off Reb. 6 (Elkins 3)

Def. Reb 25 (Tyler 9)

ASST. 3

TO 6

Block Shots 2 (Elkins 2)

Pts off TO 6

Bench Scoring 0

LC

FG 10/46 43.5% (Conway 8/15, Hoover 4/6)

3pt FG 7/22 31.8% (Pittman 3/6, Conway 2/5)

FT 19/27 70.4% (Conway 11/14, Taylor 4/8)

Reb. 32 (Conway 11)

Off Reb. ( 5 with 1)

Def Reb 26 (Conway 10)

Asst 13 (Taylor 8)

TO 5

Block Shots 1

Pts off TO 5

Bench Scoring 7 (Wilks 5)

BC 10 10 16 19 55

LC 14 12 10 30 66

A couple of thing stick out to me. Boyle had no points of the bench plus they had 3 Asst. Looking back through the stats, Boyle was averaging 11 Asst a game and only 3 tonight. They had 5 Asst. against Lexington Cath. and lost. They had 6 against Trinity and lost. And 3 tonight and lost. The Danville game they had 6 but won. In the Whitley game they had 10 but lost that one. When the Ast. are up they play good and are hard to beat. You have to give credit to Lincoln they had a plan and it worked and they won.

I'll say it.

At some point we need to quit being scared of Lincoln County. I see it at every level. Middle school, freshmen, JV, Varsity. Boyle County is scared of Lincoln County. Jeremiah was the only person who wasn't scared of Lincoln County. Saw it last year and saw it again tonight. Lincoln County doesn't even respect us but man we sure respect the hell out of them. We need to quit all that. For real. Or we'll never beat them and we'll only be able to blame ourselves. I watched our freshman team quit in the first quarter of the freshman game when we played them this year. We see them again on Monday and on my momma I'm going to do all I can to wipe out this "Lincoln is so good" mindset that our kids seem to have starting with our freshman class. That's wack as hell and it drives me nuts. We are so much better than how we played tonight but IMO I felt like we played scared and let Lincoln do whatever they wanted instead of making them do what we want to do. Bryan Station beat them by 20.

I'll say it.

At some point we need to quit being scared of Lincoln County. I see it at every level. Middle school, freshmen, JV, Varsity. Boyle County is scared of Lincoln County. Jeremiah was the only person who wasn't scared of Lincoln County. Saw it last year and saw it again tonight. Lincoln County doesn't even respect us but man we sure respect the hell out of them. We need to quit all that. For real. Or we'll never beat them and we'll only be able to blame ourselves. I watched our freshman team quit in the first quarter of the freshman game when we played them this year. We see them again on Monday and on my momma I'm going to do all I can to wipe out this "Lincoln is so good" mindset that our kids seem to have starting with our freshman class. That's wack as hell and it drives me nuts. We are so much better than how we played tonight but IMO I felt like we played scared and let Lincoln do whatever they wanted instead of making them do what we want to do. Bryan Station beat them by 20.

BC also got beat by Whitley County, who got beat by Wayne County at home who Lincoln beat. Can never compare scores.

A couple of thing stick out to me. Boyle had no points of the bench plus they had 3 Asst. Looking back through the stats, Boyle was averaging 11 Asst a game and only 3 tonight. They had 5 Asst. against Lexington Cath. and lost. They had 6 against Trinity and lost. And 3 tonight and lost. The Danville game they had 6 but won. In the Whitley game they had 10 but lost that one. When the Ast. are up they play good and are hard to beat. You have to give credit to Lincoln they had a plan and it worked and they won.

This is what people need to take away from this one. Not who scored what or who shot what. We need to be figuring out how we can overcome that hurdle that is the Lincoln County gameplan that has us so shook.