Lincoln County 66 Boyle County 55

Jeremiah is just as talented as Hagen even more so IMO. Hagen is usually a better jump shooter .. but Jeremiah can do moves that Hagen cant.. he has the intangibles that Hagen doesnt have. Neither is better but to say Hagen needs more shots than Jeremiah is absurd. Jeremiah is the sole reason why we lost by 11 instead of 31. He was the only one who didnt care how good Lincoln is supposed to be and he was the only one who was not too scared or nervous to perform.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I see a team stop him from getting to the rim I don't know how you can tell him to change anything. Second on the team in scoring and leads the TEAM in assists.

Not good enough though.......got it. :thumb:

You are right, he can get to the paint on anyone any time. But he took way to many jump shots. Drive and kick!

Defenses will love it if Bell attempts more shots than Tyler. TYler should touch it on every possession. And Elkins should at least get a few touches, he needs to be more assertive.

Tyler got touches tonight and Tyler was bringing the ball up in the 4th quarter. I want to see Tyler attack at will and pull up on folks and dot that eye like Tyler does so well. Tyler didn't do that tonight. Why? Some want to say Jeremiah and I say the Lincoln defense made him uncomfortable and the two early fouls threw him off his game. Everybody sees what they want to see though.

The TEAM had 3 assist tonight, so that tells me their wasn't a lot of passing going on. I don't care what nobody says, the ball needs to be in Hagen Tyler hand every time down. 25 shots from your PG, shooting guard gets 9???? One of the BEST SHOOTERS IN THE STATE!

Tyler got touches tonight and Tyler was bringing the ball up in the 4th quartGper. I want to see Tyler attack at will and pull up on folks and dot that eye like Tyler does so well. Tyler didn't do that tonight. Why? Some want to say Jeremiah and I say the Lincoln defense made him uncomfortable and the two early fouls threw him off his game. Everybody sees what they want to see though

Very true. Agree to disagree.

You are right, he can get to the paint on anyone any time. But he took way to many jump shots. Drive and kick!

Who else was making shots? Who else was even looking to shoot? It's not like Miah dribbled down the court and just shot the ball like he was TeenWolf. There was ball movement. People got touches. People took shots. People got passive. Miah was aggressive and I loved it. I wish others would have been just as aggressive. Keagan Hinkle was aggressive on offense. Loved it. Attack the basket. Dot that eye. I'll never be against anyone being aggressive on offense.

Hagen and Bell need to reverse their shooting roles. Hagen needs to be taking 25 shots again, and Bell needs to be taking 9. Period!!!!

Agree 100%. Hagen should get 20 shots up at least every game. Has to be more aggressive but also has to get the ball. Bell brings alot to the Rebels but I'm a firm believer your PG should not be your leading scorer or shot taker. His role is to get EVERYBODY involved in the offense and then attack and score when theres opportunity.

The TEAM had 3 assist tonight, so that tells me their wasn't a lot of passing going on. I don't care what nobody says, the ball needs to be in Hagen Tyler hand every time down. 25 shots from your PG, shooting guard gets 9???? One of the BEST SHOOTERS IN THE STATE!

There was passing going on. Only one or two people looking to score. Big difference.

I'll also add that unless Lincoln is missing shots and you are cleaning the glass you aren't going to get a ton of assists on them unless you are ready to shoot and you make the shot when the ball comes your way. Their 2-3 zone is methodical and has been a thorn in this group's side for a long time and it showed tonight. We still don't know how to defeat that zone.

Boyle isn't "scared" of Lincoln. And Hagen can do anything Jeremiah Bell can do. Dont give me that crap. We was in the game in the fourth, and we come down and take bad shots. I can't wait until the rematch at rebel arena!!

Yeah we are. And we need to get over that real quick. We need to be the bullies and not the bullied.

I can't wait either. This team is too good to not grow from this. Too damn good.

Some stats from the game.

BC

FG 17/45 37.8% (J. Bell 11/25, Tyler 2/9)

3pt FG 4/20 20% (J. Bell 3/10, Tyler 1/5)

FT 17/26 65.4% (J Bell 10/15, Hinkle 3/4, Tyler 3/5)

Reb. 31 (Tyler & Elkins 9, Bean 7)

Off Reb. 6 (Elkins 3)

Def. Reb 25 (Tyler 9)

ASST. 3

TO 6

Block Shots 2 (Elkins 2)

Pts off TO 6

Bench Scoring 0

LC

FG 10/46 43.5% (Conway 8/15, Hoover 4/6)

3pt FG 7/22 31.8% (Pittman 3/6, Conway 2/5)

FT 19/27 70.4% (Conway 11/14, Taylor 4/8)

Reb. 32 (Conway 11)

Off Reb. ( 5 with 1)

Def Reb 26 (Conway 10)

Asst 13 (Taylor 8)

TO 5

Block Shots 1

Pts off TO 5

Bench Scoring 7 (Wilks 5)

BC 10 10 16 19 55

LC 14 12 10 30 66

Bell took over 50% of the teams shots. Add in Tyler's 9 fga and the rest of the team took only 11 shots for an entire game. Add that he also attempted 15 fta, that's 7 other fga (one on a 3) he had that don't go in the book. What this means is if this is okay, BC will struggle in tourney unless he shoots 60% from the field. When you have a Tyler that can knock down shots, you find a way to get him involved. And then Bean and Hinkle are capable of hitting shots too.

I want to give Bell some credit. He can play. He can score.

Taylor didn't play well at all, yet was able to manage getting it together late in the game to get his team the win because he got the ball to the guys that could score.