Lincoln County 66 Boyle County 55

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Tyler and Elkins?

Non-factors. Boyle didn't do enough to get Tyler the ball, but he also wasn't aggressive enough. Elkins is a good shot blocker but that's about it. Lincoln drew him up to the elbow countless times and then scored on give-and-go's while he was away.

Final.

Jeremiah Bell had 35 points for Boyle County.

Probably took too many shots. I have no problem with him going to the basket because he's nearly impossible to stop, but I think he settled for too many jump shots instead of filtering through the offense.

Timmy Taylor had 6 points I think. Noah Young had a great game. He's going to be a good one.

The key to the game was in the third quarter when Taylor went out with three fouls. Boyle couldn't make hay with Young in instead of Taylor. That's a credit to Noah Young.

Bell played good, but he shot them out of it in the fourth quarter. At some point Adams has to get the ball out of Bells hands and put it in Hagen Tyler's hand. Hagen is too good to not have the ball in his hand in crunch time, and part of it is his fault for not demanding the ball, Hagen is a great kid, but he has to have a killer mindset on the court. Elkins has to develop some kind of offensive moves around the basket.

Couldn't disagree more about Bell shooting too much or taking too many shots. He got whatever shot he wanted tonight and without looking at the stats I'd say he shot about 50% tonight as well. Offensively for both teams the only people who could score tonight were Bell for Boyle and Conway for Lincoln. Nobody else on either team scored the ball at all and I sure don't hear anyone saying that Conway shot too much. Lincoln had no answer at all for Bell and defensively they made sure that Tyler never got a good look at all. Tyler was even bringing the ball up the court at times in the second half. It just wasn't his night tonight and I credit that to Lincoln's defense more than anything else.

The question I have is how many free throws did we miss tonight? That's my question.