Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Family outraged after son's mug shot found used in target practice by Miami police

Featured Replies

So we've got police using ONLY black men for their target shooting practice.

 

No reason for the blacks to think the system isn't fair, right?

 

From the story:

 

"Also the use of African American men was just a random sampling, he said. They use a range of photos, of all races and sex."

  • Replies 69
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the story:

 

"Also the use of African American men was just a random sampling, he said. They use a range of photos, of all races and sex."

 

And you buy that? What do you think the probability is for a random sample of all mug shots in their database to return only black men?

And you buy that? What do you think the probability is for a random sample of all mug shots in their database to return only black men?

 

I wouldn't know unless I saw the statistics for how many black men are arrested vs. everyone else in that particular city.

 

Besides, it's the internet and everything is true on the internet, right?!

Very poor taste! And with all that officers and departments are getting heat with now days? You would think they would be a lot smarter. They can easily have access to real targets, if they don't want to pay that money I am sure that they can find something else that are not real people and makes copies of them.

From the story:

 

"Also the use of African American men was just a random sampling, he said. They use a range of photos, of all races and sex."

 

Blacks probably make up about 40% of the male population in jail/prison. I'd say the odds of pulling 8 photos randomly and having them all be black are not very good.

 

However, it doesn't matter as to the point I am trying to make and have made repeatedly in threads. When the perception in the black community is what it is it is only solidified when things like this happen.

So were the cops all white?

Blacks probably make up about 40% of the male population in jail/prison. I'd say the odds of pulling 8 photos randomly and having them all be black are not very good.

 

However, it doesn't matter as to the point I am trying to make and have made repeatedly in threads. When the perception in the black community is what it is it is only solidified when things like this happen.

 

Here's the math, assuming that there is a 4 in 10 chance of a certain event occurring.

 

Twice in a row - .16

X3 - .064

X4 - .0256

X5 - .01024

X6 - .004086

X7 - .0016384

X8 - .0006553

 

 

Just sayin'.

Here's the math, assuming that there is a 4 in 10 chance of a certain event occurring.

 

Twice in a row - .16

X3 - .064

X4 - .0256

X5 - .01024

X6 - .004086

X7 - .0016384

X8 - .0006553

 

 

Just sayin'.

 

It's certainly possible then.

Blacks probably make up about 40% of the male population in jail/prison. I'd say the odds of pulling 8 photos randomly and having them all be black are not very good.

 

However, it doesn't matter as to the point I am trying to make and have made repeatedly in threads. When the perception in the black community is what it is it is only solidified when things like this happen.

 

Agree wholeheartedly. Just not sure what there is to sue about.

I wouldn't know unless I saw the statistics for how many black men are arrested vs. everyone else in that particular city.

 

Besides, it's the internet and everything is true on the internet, right?!

 

40% is about right nation wide. I'd agree it may be higher in Miami.

I shot white guys at the range for years. Beats the pants off bowling pins.

 

badguy_crop.jpg

40% is about right nation wide. I'd agree it may be higher in Miami.

 

Even if it's 60%, the chances of all being black is roughly 1.6%.

Blacks probably make up about 40% of the male population in jail/prison. I'd say the odds of pulling 8 photos randomly and having them all be black are not very good.

 

However, it doesn't matter as to the point I am trying to make and have made repeatedly in threads. When the perception in the black community is what it is it is only solidified when things like this happen.

BOP Statistics: Inmate Race

FWIW, to me this looks like a photo lineup. That would explain why all 6 are black.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.