Family outraged after son's mug shot found used in target practice by Miami police

HOMELESS CAMEL

So we've got police using ONLY black men for their target shooting practice.

No reason for the blacks to think the system isn't fair, right?

From the story:

"Also the use of African American men was just a random sampling, he said. They use a range of photos, of all races and sex."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the story:

"Also the use of African American men was just a random sampling, he said. They use a range of photos, of all races and sex."

And you buy that? What do you think the probability is for a random sample of all mug shots in their database to return only black men?

And you buy that? What do you think the probability is for a random sample of all mug shots in their database to return only black men?

I wouldn't know unless I saw the statistics for how many black men are arrested vs. everyone else in that particular city.

Besides, it's the internet and everything is true on the internet, right?!

Very poor taste! And with all that officers and departments are getting heat with now days? You would think they would be a lot smarter. They can easily have access to real targets, if they don't want to pay that money I am sure that they can find something else that are not real people and makes copies of them.

From the story:

Blacks probably make up about 40% of the male population in jail/prison. I'd say the odds of pulling 8 photos randomly and having them all be black are not very good.

However, it doesn't matter as to the point I am trying to make and have made repeatedly in threads. When the perception in the black community is what it is it is only solidified when things like this happen.

Blacks probably make up about 40% of the male population in jail/prison. I'd say the odds of pulling 8 photos randomly and having them all be black are not very good.

However, it doesn't matter as to the point I am trying to make and have made repeatedly in threads. When the perception in the black community is what it is it is only solidified when things like this happen.

Here's the math, assuming that there is a 4 in 10 chance of a certain event occurring.

Twice in a row - .16

X3 - .064

X4 - .0256

X5 - .01024

X6 - .004086

X7 - .0016384

X8 - .0006553

Just sayin'.

Agree wholeheartedly. Just not sure what there is to sue about.

I wouldn't know unless I saw the statistics for how many black men are arrested vs. everyone else in that particular city.

Besides, it's the internet and everything is true on the internet, right?!

40% is about right nation wide. I'd agree it may be higher in Miami.

BOP Statistics: Inmate Race