Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Family outraged after son's mug shot found used in target practice by Miami police

Featured Replies

Looking at the "Target" it looks like its a regular sized sheet of paper comparing the holes to the size of the paper. Realizing that it's just a regular sized piece of paper I think that HB20 is dead on, it looks like it is an old photo line up.

 

If it is a photo line up, then by definition all of the photos would be of the same race.

 

Bad Idea using it, probably.

Intentionally racist, I highly doubt it.

 

Just my opinion.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty good chance that someone can make a valid claim for a hostile workplace if this was combined with other incidents. In a department of that size, there could well be a citizen or former employee who had a pending claim against one of the parties or supervisors involved regarding this type of thing who was just written a free pass with few other questions asked. The Department will want this to go away and fast. The fact that it was the brother of a member of the National Guard will make quite a sympathetic plaintiff. If you are the guy who claimed arrest or firing based on racial discrimination 3 weeks ago, whether meritorious or not, then you are definitely helped by the development. Talk about a real mess... what if one of the officers involved was involved in a controversial shooting-- think that could get ugly?

 

I'll say this: glad I didn't start this thread & if this were a case where group members were using the mugshots of police officers, politicians, or something like that for target practice and it was discovered, then I think it's a safe assumption that there'd be some outrage from the department and that they wouldn't be buying the "random sample" bit.

What the heck are you talking about? Hostile work environment?

I don't think you understood what I was going for at all. I was trying to add a little humor to the situation.

 

For the record, I think using real images is a huge mistake. I would like to see each department use computerized, human like images that are statistically relevant to the violent offenders in their area of the USA.

 

I agree it's not smart at all. What if an officer was involved in a shooting with someone he'd used as target practice before in the past? That would not go over well.....

If it would help them be better shots I will send them my picture or one of my ex girlfriend.

What the heck are you talking about? Hostile work environment?

 

I think I said, "if this was combined with other incidents".

 

Quick & dirty: Harassment

 

I'd think that, if there were some other incidents, and an officer under the superior officer's command alleged some things against that officer or others under his watch, then their claim probably wouldn't be hurt by adding in an "oh yea, and my superior officer also let officers access mugshots on our work database and take them out for target practice, and the guys used for target practice almost always looked like me". In the article itself, superior officer is saying he'll take responsibility and that no policies were violated and that he's saying that the photos were needed to help the officers perform their job because of the facial recognition aspect.

I would laugh my butt off if I went there and they were using my brother's mugshot. I would have made sure I took several shots at it, and when I was done filling it full of holes, I would ask for another pic to shoot at. And yes, there are plenty mugshots of my brother....

And from following the story if it happens again the officers that do it will be fired. The city council has banned using pictures of real people for target practice.

Definitely looks like a lineup picture. No way they randomly pick 6 people in Miami and not one is of Latin descent.

 

Not a smart move and I can see where people would be upset with it but I don't think it's racially motivated.

 

#whitemanthoughts

Definitely looks like a lineup picture. No way they randomly pick 6 people in Miami and not one is of Latin descent.

 

Not a smart move and I can see where people would be upset with it but I don't think it's racially motivated.

 

#whitemanthoughts

 

 

Question because I legitimately don't know the answer.

 

Are police lineup sheets standard across Departments, States, etc.?

 

I ask because I might have only seen one or two official ones, and am not even sure if those were as they would be now, and they did look similar to, but I wouldn't say exactly like, that one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.