Family outraged after son's mug shot found used in target practice by Miami police

HOMELESS CAMEL

A trip to a Florida gun range left a National Guard soldier in tears when the face of her own brother was found being used as target practice by Miami police.

The extremely disturbing sight, showing a then-18-year-old Woody Deant with bullet holes in his eye and forehead, joined several other booking photos entirely of African American men, Deant's outraged family told NBC Miami.

Miami police defends use of mug shots in target practice - NY Daily News

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I used to wait the required 2 weeks after the elections were over in Huntington and if the signs weren't collected, I helped the politicians out and snatched a few and those are the best targets at a gun range. I would usually pick the ones with the faces. Better targets. So, I was targeting politicians, literally.

Is that a guess? I would have thought you'd give a better answer than that since you see a whole bunch of lawsuits in the near future.

Yeah, it's a guess, hence the question mark.

Sorry my answer didn't live up to your expectations, I'll strive to do better next time. :D

It's simply not okay to use pictures, and only pictures of blacks, of people you arrested for target practice. Someone is going to take this to the courts, and the department will be all to quick to settle IMO.

Yeah, it's a guess, hence the question mark.

Sorry my answer didn't live up to your expectations, I'll strive to do better next time. :D

It's simply not okay to use pictures, and only pictures of blacks, of people you arrested for target practice. Someone is going to take this to the courts, and the department will be all to quick to settle IMO.

Anyone and everyone can access mug shots online. What did the police do wrong?