January 14, 201511 yr Author The RPI is a very easily manipulated metric that has passed its prime... It is probably a little out of its prime. However I use it regularly when filling out my tournament brackets. It has helped me win some bracket challenges at work.
January 14, 201511 yr The RPI is a very easily manipulated metric that has passed its prime... Cal regularly manipulated it at Memphis when Conference-USA collapsed to assure his team a high seed in the tournament.
January 14, 201511 yr I don't get why people care about this stuff right now. None of these rankings mean anything. Everything will sort itself out in the next month or so when Kentucky goes to USC, Florida, and LSU and Virginia plays the likes of Duke, Louisville, UNC, etc. This times 91292039203!!!!
January 14, 201511 yr Cal regularly manipulated it at Memphis when Conference-USA collapsed to assure his team a high seed in the tournament. Huggins was a master at it when UC was in CUSA...
January 14, 201511 yr Rather fun to search Twitter for Kentucky Virginia and see outcry over situation. Rather amusing and a great way to kill time. :lol2:
January 15, 201511 yr Even closer than that. It's two ten-thousandths of a point. Virginia .9781 Kentucky .9779 How many overtimes would that game go to?
January 15, 201511 yr Author How many overtimes would that game go to? None.. Kentucky would win in regulation.
January 15, 201511 yr I don't get why people care about this stuff right now. None of these rankings mean anything. Everything will sort itself out in the next month or so when Kentucky goes to USC, Florida, and LSU and Virginia plays the likes of Duke, Louisville, UNC, etc. Exactly. With UNC and UL being teams UK has already beat.
January 15, 201511 yr It is probably a little out of its prime. However I use it regularly when filling out my tournament brackets. It has helped me win some bracket challenges at work. Kansas is now #1 in the RPI. I'm sure your bracket would reflect that one if they came out today... :lol2:
January 15, 201511 yr Author Kansas is now #1 in the RPI. I'm sure your bracket would reflect that one if they came out today... :lol2: Did you miss the part where I said the computer polls don't become accurate until last leg of the season?
January 15, 201511 yr Due to Miami beating Duke, they made a substantial jump in the computer rankings. Which in turn gave Virginia's strength of schedule a bump, allowing them to jump Kentucky. Agree or disagree? Wonder how big a jump then EKU received since they beat Miami less than a month ago 72-44?
January 15, 201511 yr Did you miss the part where I said the computer polls don't become accurate until last leg of the season? Given their resume, they will be right around #1 all season. I'll get back to you with the same question in a few weeks if that makes you feel better... :thumb:
January 15, 201511 yr Author Wonder how big a jump then EKU received since they beat Miami less than a month ago 72-44? EKU is rated 71st, Miami is 51st. Not sure what either was ranked prior to Miami beating Duke.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.