All BGP Team Discussion Thread

Clyde

All BGP Team was announced today.

[h=2]2014 All-Bluegrasspreps.com Football Team[/h]

Continuing our tradition of leadership in Kentucky high school sports information, news and discussion, Bluegrasspreps.com announces our twelfth annual All-BluegrassPreps.com Football Team.

Each year, BluegrassPreps.com honors 36 of Kentucky's top players, beginning with the 12 best offensive and the 12 best defensive players by position. Unique to the All-BluegrassPreps.com Football Team is the special recognition of 12 additional athletes. These players have demonstrated exceptional abilities in multiple facets of the game that embody the spirit of high school football.

OFFENSE

QB - Elijah Sindelar, Caldwell County

RB - Donald Brooks, Trinity

RB - Damien Harris, Madison Southern

WR - Dontavion Jackson, Lafayette

WR - Keion Wakefield, Male

TE - Sean Hammonds, Ballard

OL - Drake Jackson, Woodford County

OL - Sam Murrer, Covington Catholic

OL - Cullen Reynolds, Madisonville-North Hopkins

OL - Mason Wolfe, Henderson County

OL - Landon Young, Lafayette

K - Tyler Pack, Johnson Central

DEFENSE

DL - Nick Coffey, Russell County

DL - Ben Holt, Bowling Green

DL - Bryant Pirtle, DeSales

DL - Heath Wiggins, Graves County

LB - Chase Boling, Lexington Catholic

LB - Eli Brown, Warren East

LB - Devon Quincy, Lafayette

LB - Emmitt Smith, Warren Central

DB - Aldwin Jackson, Seneca

DB - Grayson Miller, Scott County

DB - Davonte Robinson, Henry Clay

P - Blanton Creque, Collins

ATHLETES

ATH - Arien Beasley, North Oldham

ATH - Cody Crider, Graves County

ATH - Austin Hatfield, Belfry

ATH - Brent Holman, Bourbon County

ATH - Zy'Aire Hughes, McCracken County

ATH - Branden Johnson, Dixie Heights

ATH - Trevor Jones, Estill County

ATH - Nick Locher, Owensboro

ATH - Connor Messer, Raceland

ATH - Nathan Pray, Perry County Central

ATH - Brett Slusher, Beechwood

ATH - Jalen Washington, Frankfort

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Elijah Sindelar, Caldwell County

COACH OF THE YEAR: Preston King, Iroquois

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any list in this state that does not include Beau Hoge amongst the best players has little to no credibility, period. The kid from Owensboro makes it and Beau Hoge does not, please. And before anyone gives me the pat answer that he was not nominated, then I would ask how could you possibly put out a list knowing the type of player he was this year?

Did the Smith kid even play linebacker at Warren Central this year? I am thinking he did not from what I remember. There was even a thread about this I believe.

Any list in this state that does not include Beau Hoge amongst the best players has little to no credibility, period. The kid from Owensboro makes it and Beau Hoge does not, please. And before anyone gives me the pat answer that he was not nominated, then I would ask how could you possibly put out a list knowing the type of player he was this year?

The QB position has to be the hardest to pick but it's not like Beau lost to a 5'9 D3 backup QB.

Sindelar is legit.

I think it's hilarious that people get so upset when one kid gets picked over the other in these awards.. Beau Hodges has already committed to play d1 ball. There isn't a much better accomplishment than that for a high school player. So who cares if he didn't get named in this list or that list.. My kid was nominated but didn't win... But he is getting contacted by college programs so I'm glad he is getting attention from those that count!

The QB position has to be the hardest to pick but it's not like Beau lost to a 5'9 D3 backup QB.

Sindelar is legit.

Then put him at ATHLETE!!! I take back what I said about BGP having the best All State Team!! Ridiculous for Beau Hoge not to be on this list!!!

Sindelar is legit.

I don't think JOAT is interested in rehashing the QB discussion. There are 12 athletes on the list and none are named Beau Hoge. No Moore from Dixie but there is a another athlete from that team.

Not a popular thing to question the BGP team but if I am putting together a team and Hoge or Moore do not meet the criteria (not nominated) I would nominate them myself or ask another member to make the nomination to make sure the team included the 2 best players from the area.

I don't think JOAT is interested in rehashing the QB discussion. There are 12 athletes on the list and none are named Beau Hoge. No Moore from Dixie but there is a another athlete from that team.

Not a popular thing to question the BGP team but if I am putting together a team and Hoge or Moore do not meet the criteria (not nominated) I would nominate them myself or ask another member to make the nomination to make sure the team included the 2 best players from the area.

Hoge was nominated.