All BGP Team Discussion Thread

Clyde

Do you see something that makes you think this will get interesting??

No Hoge caught my eye and I have a feeling that won't go over well at all. I think he has proven himself to be deserving. I was surprised to not see him on the team. If not at QB at ATH. I would guess that he is deserving of one of those spots. The only people I wouldn't remove for Hoge are Beasley, Crider and Hatfield. I'd put Hoge in over any of the other 9 kids.

At the same time, putting together these lists on BGP are a long, painstaking process. So much goes into putting these lists and I guarantee that a lot of time, effort and energy was put into getting this list together. Congrats to all who made the list and thank you to all that took the time to put this list together.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any list in this state that does not include Beau Hoge amongst the best players has little to no credibility, period. The kid from Owensboro makes it and Beau Hoge does not, please. And before anyone gives me the pat answer that he was not nominated, then I would ask how could you possibly put out a list knowing the type of player he was this year?

Did the Smith kid even play linebacker at Warren Central this year? I am thinking he did not from what I remember. There was even a thread about this I believe.

The BGP Team is year in and year out one of the, if not, the Best All Star team made. The time they put into it is ridiculous. The amount of research and discussion they have on each player is ridiculous. There is no way you can have Hoge (Who I am a huge fan of and have been all year long) Can take the place of Mr Football and Purdue recruit.

Sindelar is the real deal and just like Hoge, had a season you couldn't deny. The difference in BGP's team than many others is they only have 1st team offense and defense and ATH which means unless you make it on the ATH list and you are a QB, as well as any other position, it's tough to crack the list.

Edited by Hellbird

Then put him at ATHLETE!!! I take back what I said about BGP having the best All State Team!! Ridiculous for Beau Hoge not to be on this list!!!

I always thought that ATH on the list usually are 2 way players or special team standouts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Leaving off 2 Mr. KY football candidates makes no sense, however it will bring comments and views to the thread. Well played BGP!

Yet you want to replace the MR Football winner for one who was nominated for Mr Football. That makes a lot of sense also.

Leaving off 2 Mr. KY football candidates makes no sense, however it will bring comments and views to the thread. Well played BGP!

This is a good point. The only way to get comments and views in a football thread is to hurt Highlands feelings. I wonder why they never thought of that before.

I always thought that ATH on the list usually are 2 way players or special team standouts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe this to be true. The way I understand it is that there is a certain criteria for the kids that make the ATH list. Based on that criteria the only spot that Hoge is eligible for is QB. That is why he isn't on the list.

Not trying to be a smart aleck but this seems to be the story of Hoge's high school career. There was always one person ahead of him. He wasn't a starting QB because he had to wait his turn. This season he finally got to start and while he had an exceptional season unfortunately he had to share accolades with Elijah Sindelar who played the same position and in the eyes of the majority was just a hair better than Hoge.

The only critique I have is that I find it hard to believe there is one defensive lineman better than Raquan Horton in the State let alone 2 or 3.

I understand it is hard to put a Sophomore ahead of Seniors but Horton proved in the playoffs that he is in a category to himself and may end up the best DT to come out of KY in many years.

Other than that hard to argue. Best list I have seen this far IMHO.

I believe this to be true. The way I understand it is that there is a certain criteria for the kids that make the ATH list. Based on that criteria the only spot that Hoge is eligible for is QB. That is why he isn't on the list.

Not trying to be a smart aleck but this seems to be the story of Hoge's high school career. There was always one person ahead of him. He wasn't a starting QB because he had to wait his turn. This season he finally got to start and while he had an exceptional season unfortunately he had to share accolades with Elijah Sindelar who played the same position and in the eyes of the majority was just a hair better than Hoge.

I agree and think it's not a knock on Highlands but more of a trestiment to how good Highlands has been that they have basically a new QB at Highlands each year (at least in recent past) and that QB only getting 1 season to show his wares tends to keep him limited in the eyes of the rest of the state. Just like Houliston who put up huge numbers last year, but that was his only year to shine. Hoge was in the same boat this year. Sindelar on the other hand had several years to play the position and has been known throughout the state for his abilities already even before this season started. When he was the leading QB in the state going into the season this year, he did nothing to change the minds of many while Hoge had no following outside of NKY coming into the season.

The only critique I have is that I find it hard to believe there is one defensive lineman better than Raquan Horton in the State let alone 2 or 3.

I understand it is hard to put a Sophomore ahead of Seniors but Horton proved in the playoffs that he is in a category to himself and may end up the best DT to come out of KY in many years.

Other than that hard to argue. Best list I have seen this far IMHO.

I hope he is as highly touted as Elam was by the time he is a senior.

I agree and think it's not a knock on Highlands but more of a trestiment to how good Highlands has been that they have basically a new QB at Highlands each year (at least in recent past) and that QB only getting 1 season to show his wares tends to keep him limited in the eyes of the rest of the state. Just like Houliston who put up huge numbers last year, but that was his only year to shine. Hoge was in the same boat this year. Sindelar on the other hand had several years to play the position and has been known throughout the state for his abilities already even before this season started. When he was the leading QB in the state going into the season this year, he did nothing to change the minds of many while Hoge had no following outside of NKY coming into the season.

This is true as well.