All BGP Team Discussion Thread

Clyde

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Hoge goes, let me ask this. Why exactly do some of you all feel Hoge should have been the QB?

He finished 3rd in passing yards and 7th in the state in passing yards per game and I believe as for as his rushing numbers, he wasn't even the leading rushing QB in NKY nor did he have the most rushing TD's as a QB in NKY.

I am just missing the reasoning why he should have been the QB over Sindelar.

So can someone tell me why Locher from Owensboro was on the Athlete list?

Could it be because of not only playing QB but also their punter? Spcial teams I think plays a part in that also as I stated earlier I believed that 2 way players and/or special teams plays a part in ATH.

If I remember correctly, I thought I heard he was a pretty darn good punter besides being their QB

Leaving off 2 Mr. KY football candidates makes no sense, however it will bring comments and views to the thread. Well played BGP!

Exactly!
Every position on the BGP team is up for debate, just like any other all state team. There are always going to be disagreements on who is the best position player, no matter who does the selecting. It is what it is.

I just want to address the suggestion here that selections were made, or more importantly, kids were overlooked, in an effort to increase views or cause controversy. I can tell you with 100 % honesty that nothing could be further from the truth. The group that works on this All BGP Team has one goal, and that goal is to select the most deserving players at each position and recognize them for their efforts. That is a very tough job to do. They work tirelessly, and put in countless hours in order to do this and their integrity is never in question. I know because I have witnessed it.

If you have a beef with the selections, or the criteria used, then discuss it. That is what we are here for. But please don't speculate that there are ulterior motives behind the selections. That cheapens the award for the deserving kids who were selected and it is a weak crutch to use.

PP92, watching his HUDL video now and looks like he was the holder for FG's and XTRA Pts.

He has some monster punts on the video also. I think I just saw one that was 60+ yards lol He literally kicked from his own 17 yard line and it was downed on the other teams 23 yard line.

I would love to know his avg and Net avg this year as a punter.

As far as Hoge goes, let me ask this. Why exactly do some of you all feel Hoge should have been the QB?

He finished 3rd in passing yards and 7th in the state in passing yards per game and I believe as for as his rushing numbers, he wasn't even the leading rushing QB in NKY nor did he have the most rushing TD's as a QB in NKY.

I am just missing the reasoning why he should have been the QB over Sindelar.

I have not posted once in this thread that Hoge should have been the QB. That would be a Birds eye view. This discussion has been about his omission as an athlete.

So to get all the facts correct. You can only be considered as an athlete if you play on a team that isn't strict two platoon or if you are needed to play special teams.

These should be factors that help players to make the team, not keep the best athletes/players off the team.

BTW, Hoge punted a couple of times this year. Does that count??

Any list in this state that does not include Beau Hoge amongst the best players has little to no credibility, period. The kid from Owensboro makes it and Beau Hoge does not, please. And before anyone gives me the pat answer that he was not nominated, then I would ask how could you possibly put out a list knowing the type of player he was this year?

Did the Smith kid even play linebacker at Warren Central this year? I am thinking he did not from what I remember. There was even a thread about this I believe.

Can someone please post the stats for Smith (LB) from Warren Central? Just curious the type of year he had @ LB. I was hoping to see him play LB against Highlands, however from what I understand he was moved to the line.

Every position on the BGP team is up for debate, just like any other all state team. There are always going to be disagreements on who is the best position player, no matter who does the selecting. It is what it is.

I just want to address the suggestion here that selections were made, or more importantly, kids were overlooked, in an effort to increase views or cause controversy. I can tell you with 100 % honesty that nothing could be further from the truth. The group that works on this All BGP Team has one goal, and that goal is to select the most deserving players at each position and recognize them for their efforts. That is a very tough job to do. They work tirelessly, and put in countless hours in order to do this and their integrity is never in question. I know because I have witnessed it.

If you have a beef with the selections, or the criteria used, then discuss it. That is what we are here for. But please don't speculate that there are ulterior motives behind the selections. That cheapens the award for the deserving kids who were selected and it is a weak crutch to use.

I can appreciate the hard work that is put in to compile and choose this list. For me personally, it just cheapens the nomination and selection if 3 left off the BGP team were nominated for the top football award in the state. Doesn't make sense.

You can spin it however you want, but I think there's more to it than they just didn't make the cut.

I have not posted once in this thread that Hoge should have been the QB. That would be a Birds eye view. This discussion has been about his omission as an athlete.

So to get all the facts correct. You can only be considered as an athlete if you play on a team that isn't strict two platoon or if you are needed to play special teams.

These should be factors that help players to make the team, not keep the best athletes/players off the team.

BTW, Hoge punted a couple of times this year. Does that count??

Where would you put Hoge then? Wouldn't Moore be considered more of a "ATH" if it was up to any player even those who only play 1 position than Hoge?

I'm just trying to figure out where you would put him. Like I said, but I could very well be wrong, that I was always under the belief that ATH was for players that were not only one of the states best at 1 position but also big playing the other position just as well.

Someone asked about Locher and I think he may have been one of the states best punters also besides his QB play.

Hoge was awesome, my fav QB in the area last year, but he only played QB and it would be hard to put hiim in front of Sindelar. I do understand though that the fan base wants him there etc. just is he more deserving than Sindelar is what people need to ask themselves.