January 11, 201511 yr Clyde if you say it doesnt matter if the receiver has control of the football while making a footballmove then there wouldn't be any reason to even have that as a rule. The entire reason son for the rule is to prove possession and when you lose control during a football move is the exact reason they have the rule in the first place to determine a catch or not. Dez could not complete a football move while maintaining control of the ball. Its actually not that hard to understand. Edited January 12, 201511 yr by True blue (and gold)
January 11, 201511 yr Clyde if you say it doesnt matter if the receiver has control of the football while making a footballmove then there wouldn't be any reason to even have that as a rule. The entire reason son for the rule is to prove possession and when you lose control during a football move is the exact reason they have the rule in the first place to determine a catch or not. Dez could not complete a football move while maintaining control of the ball. Its actually not that hard to understand. It not as soon as is saw the ball pop loose I knew it was going to get reversed Edited January 12, 201511 yr by True blue (and gold)
January 11, 201511 yr He didn't make a football move unless you count falling to the ground a football move. Every ref on Twitter and even Cowboys party bus friend Dean Blandino says it was called correctly. 1. Do you think he stretched the ball out trying to score a TD? 2. If so, why would you say that's not a football move?
January 11, 201511 yr 1. Do you think he stretched the ball out trying to score a TD? 2. If so, why would you say that's not a football move? No I think he fell down. And the rule doesn't say football move.
January 11, 201511 yr FWIW the rule does not say "football move. " The football move criteria is part of the decision process.
January 11, 201511 yr No I think he fell down. And the rule doesn't say football move. Fine. If that's your take then it's incomplete by rule. I would ask though what do you think he was doing at the 0:11 mark when his arm went away from his body towards the goal line. Jason Garrett of Dallas Cowboys on Dez Bryant reversal -- Loss not due to refs - ESPN Dallas
January 11, 201511 yr I'm actually a Packers fans no I just saw it on Twitter from a few of my Lions buddies. Thought it was funny and I also thought the Lions should have won the previous week if not for a few bad calls.The Lions didn't lose because of a bad call or two, the Cowboys didn't lose because of a bad call or two. They both lost because they didn't take care of business, end of story. Congrats to the Packers on the win.
January 11, 201511 yr One thing I haven't seen touched on, forgive me if someone already did... It doesn't matter how many steps he took. The fact is, as soon as the ball touched his hands, he was going to the ground. Gravity and his momentum was taking him to the ground... And because he was going to the ground from the beginning of the process of catching the football, steps and stretching make no difference. He has to control the ball after he hits the ground. And he didn't. Dumb rule because it's different if you're running with the ball...but Dez was not running with possession... He was falling (taking steps an stretching) but falling. Hopefully this will spark the league to change the rule because it is dumb.
January 11, 201511 yr It not as soon as is saw the ball pop loose I knew it was going to get reversed I didn't see the ball pop up at first so thought they would keep it as a catch. As soon as I saw the ball pop up, like you, I knew the stupid rule would come into play about not maintaining control to the ground. I hate that rule. Anyone notice Dez again didn't get flagged after the reversal when he came on the field again without his helmet arguing? If that was Ravens Coach Harbaugh, he would have been flagged again.
January 11, 201511 yr One thing I haven't seen touched on, forgive me if someone already did... It doesn't matter how many steps he took. The fact is, as soon as the ball touched his hands, he was going to the ground. Gravity and his momentum was taking him to the ground... And because he was going to the ground from the beginning of the process of catching the football, steps and stretching make no difference. He has to control the ball after he hits the ground. And he didn't. Dumb rule because it's different if you're running with the ball...but Dez was not running with possession... He was falling (taking steps an stretching) but falling. Hopefully this will spark the league to change the rule because it is dumb. Yes, we touched on that just a short time ago and you are right, wether it was the football move or not, he didn't maintain control of the ball when he went down.
January 11, 201511 yr 1. Do you think he stretched the ball out trying to score a TD? 2. If so, why would you say that's not a football move? I wanted to think he was stretching the ball but after i saw replay I knew it wasn't gonna be a catch.
January 11, 201511 yr Fine. If that's your take then it's incomplete by rule. I would ask though what do you think he was doing at the 0:11 mark when his arm went away from his body towards the goal line. Jason Garrett of Dallas Cowboys on Dez Bryant reversal -- Loss not due to refs - ESPN Dallas I have a question for you to answer. Do you think the call was consistent to calls made all year in a similar situation?
January 11, 201511 yr The only question, as Clyde has stated many times, is if diving and stretching to the end zone is considered a football move. Good question. What constitutes a "football move"?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.