Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Packers 26 Cowboys 21

Featured Replies

You trust in Mike and Mike... I trust in the man who made the best catch in NFL history.

Wow, try and keep up. I said everyone they are interviewing on there have said the same thing.

 

I also said it's a stupid rule.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow' date=' try and keep up. I said everyone they are interviewing on there have said the same thing. I also said it's a stupid rule.[/quote'] "try and keep up"

 

You're entertaining atleast.

Keep telling yourself this and you may start to believe it.

Wow, maybe you should invest in a rule book. If you've never heard the rule about maintaining control of the ball when you go to the ground then you haven't watched any NFL games in the last 5 years because that is reviewed a ton each week.

Best thing, Mrs, Crunch said incomplete as the play unfolded, before replay. Gotta love her!!

Lol, the wife said the same thing even before I saw the replay.

Clyde, do me a favor and simply listen to the link you provided. From the 20 second to the 45 second portion of the interview he clearly explains why it was not a catch.

 

Please listen, you provided the linnk, I think you should listen to that part because that is the entire reason why it was an incomplete pass period.

 

I've already addressed that with you. The VP said subsequently that they had to ALSO make a decision as to whether he made a football move. They said it wasn't obvious enough.

 

Go to 2:04. He says the line is "controllable, feet, and do something with it."

 

Pretty clear.

I've already addressed that with you. The VP said subsequently that they had to ALSO make a decision as to whether he made a football move. They said it wasn't obvious enough.

Ok, then why the debate?

 

The official clearly said it wasn't a catch. Even if a football move was established by the official would it have been a catch? I would say no because he still had to maintain control when hitting the ground, because wasn't that part of the "football move"?

 

Maybe that is where we disagree. IF it is then I understand your point you have tried to make. Doesn't make it right, but I see what you are trying to say. He still lost control of the ball which I said from the start makes it an incomplete pass by the silly rule.

 

I hope they change the rule myself and think they will. Steve Jones (jerry's son) is on the rules committee and I am sure it will be addressed.

Ok, then why the debate?

 

The official clearly said it wasn't a catch. Even if a football move was established by the official would it have been a catch? I would say no because he still had to maintain control when hitting the ground, because wasn't that part of the "football move"?

 

I would have been a catch had that been established

My question is how is their enough evidence on that replay to determine that Dez's motion wasn't a football move. There isn't. I can't be convinced of that one. I get the rule, fine. But it's simply a matter of opinion if you think he made the football move or not, and since it is so debatable and such a crucial play... why was it so easy to overturn? Was there really enough to go on?

My question is how is their enough evidence on that replay to determine that Dez's motion wasn't a football move. There isn't. I can't be convinced of that one. I get the rule, fine. But it's simply a matter of opinion if you think he made the football move or not, and since it is so debatable and such a crucial play... why was it so easy to overturn? Was there really enough to go on?

Here is my take on it, and in the link Clyde supplied it reaffirms what I thought yesterday and that is that as he was going to the ground, that was still "part of the catch" because he had not established the catch yet. The VP in the interview described why it wasn't a catch yet because he never established becoming a "runner yet" and because of that when he went to the ground it was all part of the establishing a catch part of the play. I think what he meant was because Dez had to jump up for the ball as he was coming down is when he was going to the ground therefor he had not become a "runner" yet because he hadn't completed the catch yet and therefor when going to the ground when making a catch he had to control the ball the entire time and when the ball hit the ground is when it popped loose and into the air establishing no control there for because of the stupid rule it was an incomplete pass.

 

That is how I took it anyway. That clearly isn't everyone's take on this lol. Which is good. I love debating things like this.

By the rule, they absolutely made the right call.

 

Had the official that was standing there ruled it incomplete initially, no one would have complained about it being upheld.

When it's all said and done, I hate when a game, especially at this level and importance, is decided by an interpretation from Officials.

 

Last weeks game was decided the same way and I hate that. I wish they all could be decided on the field with no controversy.

When it's all said and done, I hate when a game, especially at this level and importance, is decided by an interpretation from Officials.

 

Last weeks game was decided the same way and I hate that. I wish they all could be decided on the field with no controversy.

 

Influenced.

 

Not decided.

Influenced.

 

Not decided.

True, but you know what I meant lol.

As an elite wide receiver, shouldn't Dez have known how the rule works? The question then becomes, Did he have the time and space, while contorting all about, to land on his back or side in order to protect the ball from bouncing away?

As an elite wide receiver, shouldn't Dez have known how the rule works? The question then becomes, Did he have the time and space, while contorting all about, to land on his back or side in order to protect the ball from bouncing away?

I would guess if you took a poll from NFL WR's you would get the majority of them saying it was a catch.

 

I would also bet if you took a poll from most DB's in the NFL most would say it wasn't a catch. So to think Dez didn't know the rule I would have to simply say you have to realize who the source is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.