Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rex Ryan To Buffalo

Featured Replies

Per reports

Looks like the Bills will be my 2nd favorite AFC team behind the Bengals.

As HC or DC?

He is walking into an outstanding defense. But the QB situation is much like NY. Looks like he will keep Schwartz and bring in Roman for the OC. Still no QB. That will haunt him again. I thought the Falcons was a "no brainer" due to a solid QB and he could build the defense in no time there, although the Falcons are horrible on that side of the ball. Maybe the Falcons didn't want him or are looking elsewhere.

I would have instantly became a Bengals fan if they would have gotten Ryan to be their Head Coach

  • Author
As HC or DC?

 

Head coach

He is walking into an outstanding defense. But the QB situation is much like NY. Looks like he will keep Schwartz and bring in Roman for the OC. Still no QB. That will haunt him again. I thought the Falcons was a "no brainer" due to a solid QB and he could build the defense in no time there, although the Falcons are horrible on that side of the ball. Maybe the Falcons didn't want him or are looking elsewhere.

 

The Falcons never brought him back for a 2nd interview...

Bills Finalizing Deal To Hire Rex Ryan - ESPN Video - ESPN

 

So Doug Marrone pulls a power play in Buffalo and quits with reports saying he thought he would get the Jets gig. Rex, the former Jets coach, gets his old gig in Buffalo and Marrone is not among the favorites for the Jets according to multiple reports (looks like Dan Quinn and Todd Bowles are the favs).

 

So, it is looking like Marrone will end up as a consultant with Houston next year. After how things ended in Buffalo, I would actually be surprised if an owner would give him another NFL opportunity. He gets $4 million, but I bet he never gets an NFL gig again.

 

We'll see.

 

Congrats to Rex! He was a solid coach and deserves another shot, IMO.

If Marrone goes to New York those divisional games are going to get more interesting.

The Falcons never brought him back for a 2nd interview...

 

I was somewhat surprised by that.

The Falcons never brought him back for a 2nd interview...

 

Yes you are correct. It looks like they were more impressed by Bowles. Although, Blank's mother's death and him having to be away from the team for a while may have played into it. Mehta in NY wrote thatRyan was afraid he might be left holding the bag again like 7 years ago in Atlanta. He couldn't get SF to bite either. The Bills had him targeted as their #1 all along, he liked that.

 

I just see him in the same boat, very good defense with no QB. EJ looks a lot like Sanchez.

I feel bad for Rex. I think he is walking into the same type of situation he did with the Jets. A team with no QB which will hurt him.

I heard this weekend that Rex Ryan is the only head coach in NFL history to start two rookies QB's during his tenure with a team. That is crazy. I don't think he will start a third (no drafting one). I also don't think Buffalo brought him in to mentor EJ Manual. I think Buffalo will make a hard play for Jay Cutler.

Spiller is a great back. With that defense and a couple OL in the draft, they could win with Manual as a game manager. The Bills won 9 games and 4 of their losses were by 1 score or less. This team seems ready to contend to me.

I heard this weekend that Rex Ryan is the only head coach in NFL history to start two rookies QB's during his tenure with a team. That is crazy. I don't think he will start a third (no drafting one). I also don't think Buffalo brought him in to mentor EJ Manual. I think Buffalo will make a hard play for Jay Cutler.

 

 

Please, take him, we will thrown in Lance Briggs at no charge. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.