Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 in 3A

Featured Replies

Rock also knew they were playing on turf. If the fields are going to be watered down will a memo be sent out to let the other teams know? I think the whole watered down thing is another one of those things that get blown out of porpotion by the way.

OKAY, I admit watering your field down on purpose may not be right, but I was just comparing it to the fact that others point fingers at coaches for watering the field down. When in essence it was just wet, and by that time of year the field has taken so many beating that it isn't as good as the artificial surfaces that the NORTHERNers are used to, bottom line, is that it is used as an excuse. I still hear people say that if it hadn't rained in 2001 when Rock beat Cov Cath that Cov Cath would've won, well last thing I knew was that both teams had to play in it and it was a natural occurance. I agree stick1, the allegations get out of hand.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys just admit it....We don't have good football teams in the East and we cheat to win....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:rolleyes: Come on....We do what we can with the facilities we have and unless some up North has a direct line to the Big Guy upstairs it will rain in November in EKY.....

 

A preseason Top 5 should have Lex Cath, Rockcastle, Bowling Green, Boyle, and Highlands in it in no particular order.....Now could we stop bashing the schools from EKY??? I know that most if not all of the schools in this area work their butts off to put the best product on the field year in and year out:thumb:

Since Catholic created the opportunity for themselves to have that type of playing surface would it also not be fair for Dudley Hilton at Bell County to turn the sprinklers on and create his own type of field? I say yes it is fair.
Seriously?

 

Wow ...

Part of an entire post taken out of context

Trust me I have A LOT of love for Eastern KY football and I know how hard they work. I've been lucky enough to be around a lot of different programs in the East, Louisville, Lexington and Northern KY area. There are different problems at all of these places. They all have programs that work extremley hard and as a whole I think we should be proud of how far all of football in KY has come. There are so many silly rumors that go on about different programs that people just jump on the waggon and trust things to be true just because somebody said so. I've been around most of the programs that have been talked about on here enough to know that they all have great programs and they do things the right way. Most of these programs aren't very well liked and that is because they are succesful!

Part of an entire post taken out of context
How was it taken out of context? I quoted the complete sentence, exactly as it was written.
LN - While you make an argument for the teams that are fast and speedy and are less fortunate to play on muddy fields, you are contradicting yourself because the same can be said about a slow team, that plays on a fast turf field. That is where homefield advantage plays a role. Neither team is always going to be equal, therfore one will always be limited or have the odds stacked against them. Was it fair that Rockcastle County had to play Lexington Catholic on turf? Catholic was much faster and had many more men contribute, yet it was fair because it was their homefield. Since Catholic created the opportunity for themselves to have that type of playing surface would it also not be fair for Dudley Hilton at Bell County to turn the sprinklers on and create his own type of field? I say yes it is fair. I'll agree to disagree with you.:thumb: Like Woody said earlier, it is about adapting, how good is your coach and can they adapt to the situation that is presented before them. Unlike the windstorm that you so elaborated on, that is a factor that cannot be deviated, therfore, it has no significance in this debate.

 

 

Actually I don't think I contradicted myself, but if I did, sorry about that. You've said throughout this thread, if I may paraphase, that the muddy field has to be played on by both teams and it affects both teams equally. Which as addressed in my prior post, I disagree with.

 

I agree that a dry field or a turf field (because it is almost always dry) allows the benefit of natural speed to come through. On a dry field, it allows the advantages of a strong, powerful team to be matched up against the advantages of a quick, speedy team to see which prevails. However,on a muddy field, the advantages of a quick, speedy team are negatively impacted.

Personally, I've never accused a coach of watering any field down. I've argued that a field was muddy, when others have argued that it was not. The difference was caused by probably nothing other that what the posters were used to seeing or dealing with. Admittedly we've become pretty spoiled up here in the ever increasing land of artificial turf.

I think that the muddy field excuse is often overused and is just an EXCUSE expressed by outsiders. Seriously how many programs do you think has a coach that tells his coaching staff to get the field as wet and muddy as possible in order to give themslef a better chance?

The fact is, that in Eastern Kentucky, to whom you are referring suffer from lack of facilities. Often there isn't a businessman/woman or grant to fund a school a new $500,000 turf field. Also, these rural schools have 1 field in which to play/practice on and sometimes that may also include the little league teams, you'd be surprised how much damage 7-8 year olds can make when there are about 5 games played the field back to back.

I just get sick and tired of people saying that we Eastern Kentucky FOLK simply water the field down to eliminate the Northerns speed.

By the way, why woudl Bell County want to eliminate their speed? They were probably faster than HHS in 04'. Secondly, why would they waste money to buy a tarp to cover the field if they wanted to just water it down.

It does rain and the elevations in the mountains are HIGHER, therefore making it more damp and wet, especially at night.

Say that Bell County admitted to watering their field down, who are you or anyone else to say that is wrong. It is their field and it is their homefield advantage. So why would it be so wrong if they wanted to. It is simply your word against theirs saying it is either right or wrong.

 

 

Its really sad that they have to make up all these excuses about the field. A matter of fact the field wasn't all that bad that night. We have to constantly apologize for not being a rich school and have a big nice turf field.

Its Highland's only comeback for having an illegal player score both their touchdowns in that game.

Log Mountain Boy, Your right, it's a shame that the field is talked about the way it has been, both teams played on the same field. It's also a shame that people are talking about an illegal player playing in the game. What happened two years ago is over, lets move on!!!

No excuses here LMB, Bell has a nice school , nice football facility, great atmosphere, love coming down in the playoffs. Hope to be there in 2006.I dont believe Highlands has lost there, but there is always a first time. Good luck to the Bobcats.

Seriously?

 

Wow ...

 

He was simply saying that logically it makes sense.... and logically it is a valid true argument.

 

Do I agree with it morally..... no. But rationally, it is perfectly fine. There are no rules against it.

We have our muddy field..... HHS has their illegal players.

 

Doesnt it all add up to being fair. LOL. JK.

He was simply saying that logically it makes sense.... and logically it is a valid true argument.

 

Do I agree with it morally..... no. But rationally, it is perfectly fine. There are no rules against it.

He didn't say it was OK because there weren't any rules against it. He said it was fair to do so. That isn't the same thing.

I understand that is harder to communicate through written word that verbal communication, but what I meant was that it is fair to do that. Can you justify why it isn't? Now do I agree with it and think that it should be done done? No. However, it is their field.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.