What are YOUR first signs of Spring?

Oldtimebaseball84

Nailed it.

I feel like the first really nice day of the year somehow coincides with one of the first two days of March Madness. All of heaven and earth conspires to make sure I won't work that afternoon.

I usually go fishing when March Madness starts. Sometimes, it's still 25 degrees but that's ok because it's (un) officially Spring :lol2:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good Valentines Day weekend with the Mrs. is a great appetizer to spring becoming "sprung." St. Patricks Day, March Madness, and the first bulb popping up...whether crocus or daff! A baseball practice on a diamond rather than indoors is always a good indicator.

We'll then get another couple snowfalls and go from 15 degrees to 65 in less than a week! :)

I usually go fishing when March Madness starts. Sometimes, it's still 25 degrees but that's ok because it's (un) officially Spring :lol2:

I used to live in a house with a couple roommates and we had a dartboard out back under a carport. We tried to play one year between games on the first day of the tournament because... you know... that meant it was springtime. It was probably about 37 degrees outside. I think we made it through two 20s and an 18 in a game of Cricket before we all bailed.

I have that ancient Viking blood coursing through my veins... but in the end I was raised in Kentucky and I'm not down for all that. :lol2: