Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Merril Hoge says whoever drafted Johnny Manziel should be fired

Featured Replies

Anybody with an 1% of football knowledge will tell you that Johhny isn't going to last very long. When they(he) review the game film from Sunday, they(Browns) will discover that Johnny doesn't see the game very well. If you watched just about everyone of his throws the other day, they weren't very good if not terrible. He has a long ways to go before he adjusts to the speed of the game in the NFL and quite honestly by the time he does adjust, his time will be up! Just the Armchair QB in me.....

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Wilson a good QB? Stick him on the Browns or Redskins, and tell me how many games he wins! Seattle has PROVEN that you don't need a HOF QB to win a SB, and , I believe they win again this year!

 

Who said you need a HOF QB? I said you need a good QB. Wilson is a good QB - has a high IQ and is a playmaker. He is not your classic pocket passer but he does have a good arm and is just a winner. I don't think JM will ever be an even "good NFL QB". Oh, if you put Wilson on the Browns, they would have won at least 9 or 10 games by now. They won 7 with Hoyer for crying out loud. You put him on the Redskins, they would have won many more games as they have with the hot mess they have now. The Redskins have a good RB and decent receivers.

I agree. Add Manning to coming right of college and being successful.

 

It took Manning a while, he went 3-13 his first year. Manziel kept reminding me of the Akili Smith debut. I think it was against Tampa?

 

No it wasn't Tampa.....I can't remember who was that bad against Tampa, was it Gus Ferrote maybe?

Why do people feel Wilson isn't a pocket passer? Is it because he can run and make athletic plays? He played in pro style offenses in college just like Luck. Heck he learned the offense in less than 6 months. The kid can play.

Why do people feel Wilson isn't a pocket passer? Is it because he can run and make athletic plays? He played in pro style offenses in college just like Luck. Heck he learned the offense in less than 6 months. The kid can play.

 

He isn't a classic pocket passer. Rolls out a lot - runs and makes a lot of plays with his feet. By no means did I mean it as a negative. He can quarterback my team any day. He is a natural leader too. I wish the Bengals had him...

It took Manning a while, he went 3-13 his first year. Manziel kept reminding me of the Akili Smith debut. I think it was against Tampa?

 

No it wasn't Tampa.....I can't remember who was that bad against Tampa, was it Gus Ferrote maybe?

Yes but everyone, even people who think they know, could see Manning would be good from the start.

Manziel found out how his style of play will be against a lot more speed than he faced at the college level. For him to be successful, he will need to learn to be a pocket quarterback, which I don't see happening.

Johnny Manziel is Tim Tebow, without the rings in college and a much worse attitude...

 

I honestly don't know if I'd put him in the same class as Tebow. I know Tebow struggled after college, but IMO he's still a better quarterback.

So what's the real Answer here? Does the Cleveland Owner fire himself? If owners would just let the Coaches who they trust with their Franchises make the right decisions on whether or not a player should even be drafted much less play, they would be more than likely in pretty good shape. I was told that this situation by a guy who works for ESPN(:D) is a direct reflection on the Cleveland Browns organization and how the Owner operates and that's why they are always going to be considered the doormat in the NFL! Let the coaches coach! It applies at all levels folks......

Manziel found out how his style of play will be against a lot more speed than he faced at the college level. For him to be successful, he will need to learn to be a pocket quarterback, which I don't see happening.

 

Did you notice during just about every Pocket play he had he would always take a quick look behind him to see if he had anybody coming from the backside rush. Something that will get you in trouble every time....

I do think Manziel will play much better than he did against the Bengals. The Bengals game is where not working hard enough in the film room etc. hurt him. He took too long to make decisions. The Kirkpatrick INT, Hawkins was open but Manziel waited too long to throw the ball. On the other hand, that ball had nothing on it which makes me wonder about his arm strength. Manziel currently (limited sample size of course) holds onto the ball longer than any QB in the NFL before throwing it. As he plays and gets more experience, he will get better at that and start to make plays.

I do think Manziel will play much better than he did against the Bengals. The Bengals game is where not working hard enough in the film room etc. hurt him. He took too long to make decisions. The Kirkpatrick INT, Hawkins was open but Manziel waited too long to throw the ball. On the other hand, that ball had nothing on it which makes me wonder about his arm strength. Manziel currently (limited sample size of course) holds onto the ball longer than any QB in the NFL before throwing it. As he plays and gets more experience, he will get better at that and start to make plays.

 

Agree,

 

I just think that by the time he makes the Major improvements needed to play in the NFL, the Browns will be on to their next project and possibly a New Head Coach....Again! Manziel will make a good success story someday on how not to kickstart your NFL. IMO!! First, stay out of public Bathrooms with people who have Camera phones....Yeah I know, that's impossible to do in today's society. Use the family Bathroom next time for peats sake!...:D

One of the toughest things Manziel has to learn is when he drops back to pass, and if his first read is not open, to start trying to make a play with his feet. I think he found out very quickly that defenses in the NFL are much faster than in college. His career will be very short (no pun intented) if he drops back, quick look and tries to make some kind of backyard play. I am not sure if they can convert him into more of a pocket passer, and if not, just another of a long line of NFL quarterback bust for the Browns.

I would take Johnny over Andy Dalton any day. Now there is someone that should be fired for signing a new contract on Dalton. All I want for christmass is a quarterback in Cincinnati....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.