Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rank 4A top ten for 2015

Featured Replies

Who is at the top now that Highlands and Cov Cath moved up?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class 4A

District 1 – Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Madisonville-North Hopkins

District 2 – Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, South Warren, Warren Central, Warren East

District 3 – Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Valley, Western

District 4 – Collins, Franklin County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County

District 5 – East Jessamine, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County, West Jessamine

District 6 – Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County, Wayne County

District 7 – Bourbon County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County, Scott

District 8 – Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

Alignment posted above for anyone unsure who will be in 4A next season.

Did Ashland lose much? Also, did North Oldham lose much? Once i know this information I can rank 'em. Any help?

Did Ashland lose much? Also' date=' did North Oldham lose much? Once i know this information I can rank 'em. Any help?[/quote']

 

Personnally I think Ashland will be solid. Ashland loses several key players every year. Key losses are Jake Long and Hunter Prince. Prince graduates this year and Long's family moved to the Columbus area.

 

I think the Prince loss will hurt at first. But I believe his replacement will actually turn out to be a better pocket passer, which to me could be a good thing if it allows Ashland to open up the offense a little more. Long would start for most teams in the state, but his loss doesn't sting as bad if there wasn't a guy named Baker on the team.

 

All in all I think Ashland will be improved next year. The junior class is strong and I expect the offense to be multi demensional. The defense should be solid as well.

Class 4A

District 1 – Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Hopkinsville, Logan County, Madisonville-North Hopkins

District 2 – Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, South Warren, Warren Central, Warren East

District 3 – Breckinridge County, John Hardin, Valley, Western

District 4 – Collins, Franklin County, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County

District 5 – East Jessamine, Marion County, Mercer County, Taylor County, West Jessamine

District 6 – Clay County, Knox Central, Rockcastle County, Russell County, Wayne County

District 7 – Bourbon County, Harrison County, Holmes, Mason County, Scott

District 8 – Ashland Blazer, Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

 

Warren Central, John Hardin, North Oldham, Wayne County, and Johnson Central stand out in my mind. I certainly look to see Johnson Central in the 4A finals in 2015.

I personally think Mercer County will rebound from their bad season.

I personally think Mercer County will rebound from their bad season.

 

I think so and hope so. They return a lot of talent. I'd like to see them do well.

How will Marion and Taylor County do?

How will Marion and Taylor County do?

 

If Hilton stays at Taylor you have to think they'll continue to improve. Who will be the coach at Marion? I know Coach Robbins had limited involvement all season - will they promote an interim or open up the job?

 

Marion and Taylor, along with East and West Jessamine, and Mercer County should make for a typically open, interesting district.

John Hardin, Franklin Simpson, North Oldham, South Warren and maybe Warren Central. That district 2 is loaded.

At first glance, outside of independents Ashland and Holmes, all schools in 4A are public county schools. Has there ever been a greater percentage of public county schools in one class than this?

  • Author
Personnally I think Ashland will be solid. Ashland loses several key players every year. Key losses are Jake Long and Hunter Prince. Prince graduates this year and Long's family moved to the Columbus area.

 

I think the Prince loss will hurt at first. But I believe his replacement will actually turn out to be a better pocket passer, which to me could be a good thing if it allows Ashland to open up the offense a little more. Long would start for most teams in the state, but his loss doesn't sting as bad if there wasn't a guy named Baker on the team.

 

All in all I think Ashland will be improved next year. The junior class is strong and I expect the offense to be multi demensional. The defense should be solid as well.

 

 

Kurtlen Brown is now a Tomcat so the loss of Long won't hurt at all. Brown is a very good back that will take pressure off Baker. I think Ashland will be in the hunt to play on the carpet!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.