Top 10 players and Teams in the 14th?

Master D

I hope Smith never looks at this crap people writes about him. Its a sight when a person/or coach wants to get on BGP and brag about a kid for doing someting well or something he thinks is impressive... and some idiot gets on here and says, "no he cant!" Some little imature people need to grow up and worry about their kids/players etc. and quit worrying about other people.

I have no problem with Robert Smith what so ever but i know that if at this time during the year he is throwing 86 M.P.H. that he will be throwing 92 at the end of the season. I think it would be appreciated by most people on this website if people would put their personal ties to a team to the side and talk on here with an unbiased opinion instead of hyping there team up to the exent that you would think that they are a Professional team.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been guys talking about throwing 85+ on here. Name the most recent guy in this region that threw that hard.

I have to go back a long way. I am not sure that Morgan throws that hard. I have never seen him and I have seen him pitch alot. He is a very good pitcher.

There has been guys talking about throwing 85+ on here. Name the most recent guy in this region that threw that hard.

I have to go back a long way. I am not sure that Morgan throws that hard. I have never seen him and I have seen him pitch alot. He is a very good pitcher.

Last 10 years in the 14th...

2006-Quentin Morgan, Leslie Co.

2004-Lamar Williams, Hazard

2003-JK Smith, Lee Co.

2002-Randy Fulton, Hazard

2002-Brandon Hammons, Lee Co.

2000-Todd Craft, KCC

1997-Roger and Rodney Little, PCC

1997-Roy Wells, PCC

Quentin was clocked throwing 88 mph last year. That is the highest he has gotten. Not many people would probally believe me because I am a Leslie fan but all you have to do is come out to watch him play for yourself & you can clock him or do whatever you have to do but you will find out that he can throw in the mid 80's.

Robert Smith i am sure thinks all this attention about him is funny. He is a very good player if he can throw 86 or 75 he still is a good pitcher. Everybody has an opinion the one thing that can be said since he is getting so much attention is that people are interested in the kid good or bad LOL.

Last 10 years in the 14th...

2006-Quentin Morgan, Leslie Co.

2004-Lamar Williams, Hazard

2003-JK Smith, Lee Co.

2002-Randy Fulton, Hazard

2002-Brandon Hammons, Lee Co.

2000-Todd Craft, KCC

1997-Roger and Rodney Little, PCC

1997-Roy Wells, PCC

You really think JK,Brandon and Lamar were in the high 80's? I guess I never saw them on good days. I am not disputing it I just didn't think they threw it that hard. The Spangler kid at Powell last year probaly threw consistently around 80-82.

You really think JK,Brandon and Lamar were in the high 80's? I guess I never saw them on good days. I am not disputing it I just didn't think they threw it that hard. The Spangler kid at Powell last year probaly threw consistently around 80-82.

Hammons is playing for Morehead St right now and is throwing smoke (91-95). He is the starting rotation. I agree that Spanglar could get up there in the 80's as well

[QUOTE=CatchMeIfYouCan]Quentin was clocked throwing 88 mph last year. That is the highest he has gotten. Not many people would probally believe me because I am a Leslie fan but all you have to do is come out to watch him play for yourself & you can clock him or do whatever you have to do but you will find out that he can throw in the mid 80's.

I watched many of the 14th region pitchers last season, IMO Morgan was the best and Spangler second. I will agree with most everyone that he is the only pitcher to consistantly throw in the 80's. He will not be the only Morgan pitching for Leslie this season, he has a younger brother who is a Freshman that also looks pretty good. The Morgan brothers are not the only weapons Leslie has. Many have picked shortstop Hendrix as the best player/hitter in the region. A few other players that will be heard from this season are Baker, the Wells', Roberts and Shepherd. This should be a very good year for the Eagles. I pick them to win the region title.:thumb:

yea jessey keith didnt throw in the mid 80's i think he was more around 82-83...not knocking him though..he was a great pitcher in the 14th region..i dont doubt that hammonds could throw that hard and maybe lamar could touch 85 on his best day..he never was consistently THAT fast.

Baseball practice begins today for the Leslie Co. Eagles basketball players. They will join the rest of the team that has been working without them. I think they are about 9 or 10 players that will be joining the team today. I'm sure coach Melton will be glad to see his team on the field. Leslie will open up the season against a much improved Knott co. team. This will be a good measuring stick for both clubs. Knott has one of the best coaches in the mountains and demands good play from his team. Good luck to all the teams in the 14th region. When the dust settles may the best team come out on top.

Hammons is playing for Morehead St right now and is throwing smoke (91-95). He is the starting rotation. I agree that Spanglar could get up there in the 80's as well

Wow, I knew Brandon was at the Head but had no idea he was throwing it at that speed now. I wish him nothing but the best. He didn't throw that hard in high school but it is obvious he has stepped it up a notch. Good luck to the eagles and Mr. Hammonds.:ylsuper:

I was replying to powerhitter, on kids that threw 85+. I'm not saying they reached 85 on every fastball they threw. I believe all those young men brought it 85 from time to time. I don't think Morgan brings it 85+ from the fifth inning on, especially after his pitch count gets up.