Top 10 players and Teams in the 14th?

Master D

I'll have to agree with jeterfan. There isn't a pitcher in the 14th that is throwing 80+. Like I said in an earlier post, if a pitcher is throwing in the 80's he's got college and/or pro scouts looking at him with the guns pointing straight at them.

Maybe there will be a pitcher this season. I really don't think so, though.

80+ in the 14th...

Morgan, Couch, Muncie, Thomas, and Osborne

Davidson and Stamper have good live arms too, probably throw it in the mid to upper 70s (just guessing).

Not seen Smith since '04, but he is a good athlete with solid mechanics. He has gotten stronger since his sophomore year, I could see how he could throw it in the low 80s every now and then. I think only Morgan could hump up and bring it 85+ in the 14th though.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. I have seen two guys hit 80 plus this season. It's not that hard to hit 80, heck I am 34 years old and can probably still hit 80. :creepy: (I'm sure it would hurt) I will agree with you all and state that the majority of pitcher's will probably be throwing in the 70's. As for the College attention...Not everyone gets the attention they deserve. I can assure you that there are several College scouts watching Robert Smith. I have communicated with them by e-mail several times. All I can say is head to the diamond in Booneville, and watch those boys play hard.

80+ in the 14th...

Morgan, Couch, Muncie, Thomas, and Osborne

Davidson and Stamper have good live arms too, probably throw it in the mid to upper 70s (just guessing).

Not seen Smith since '04, but he is a good athlete with solid mechanics. He has gotten stronger since his sophomore year, I could see how he could throw it in the low 80s every now and then. I think only Morgan could hump up and bring it 85+ in the 14th though.

i agree with you earle..all those guys can hit 80 but. sixty feet six, it is hard to throw an 80 m.p.h fast ball...if it were that easy then we could basically put anyones name up there for best pitchers in the region...tahts what sets them apart. and no sorry i have to disagree i really dont think that smith can throw 86, ill agree with earle and say yea he probably can throw low 80 or maybe a little above it he humps it but 86 is an amazing velocity especially for robert smiths situation setting out a year and all. but who knows well see. i hope he can throw 86 we need some good pitching representatives out of the 14th cause that is definitely what is holding us back from being as competitive as the other regions....and as far as not getting college attention goes...if you are good enough they will find you. word gets out.:thumb:

How is a coach in California going to hear about a kid in Booneville?? They are not. I would even venture to say coaches in Western KY, or Northern KY are not going to know what kid of talent is in the 14th region. Unless you are playing on a summer ball program, or have been to a bunch of "showcases", there is no way for coaches to know who they are. I recruited in College, and we were contacted by coaches, and we got into a vehicle and drove to watch the kid play. If he was good, we would watch him a few more times. Do you think a NY Yankee scout even knows where Booneville, or Beattyville is?? NO WAY. So, I totally disagree, they will not find you. If everyone takes that attitude, they will be sitting at home watching baseball on TV, or playing softball.

How is a coach in California going to hear about a kid in Booneville?? They are not. I would even venture to say coaches in Western KY, or Northern KY are not going to know what kid of talent is in the 14th region. Unless you are playing on a summer ball program, or have been to a bunch of "showcases", there is no way for coaches to know who they are. I recruited in College, and we were contacted by coaches, and we got into a vehicle and drove to watch the kid play. If he was good, we would watch him a few more times. Do you think a NY Yankee scout even knows where Booneville, or Beattyville is?? NO WAY. So, I totally disagree, they will not find you. If everyone takes that attitude, they will be sitting at home watching baseball on TV, or playing softball.

I disagree with your statement. While I will believe that the Yanks don't know or could care less where Booneville is, that a kid can't be seen. Just about everyone has an e-mail account and a ISP service. Use it. Go to the college website and fill out a recruitment questionare. Call a college coach. Don't worry, you can call the coach and most love to hear from interested players. Don't fixate on one college. Be sure to keep your options open. Send videotapes to college coaches. Just be sure that you call or e-mail the guy to let him know that you sent it. Also, include highlights and stats. Kids and parents have to do their research. If a player is worthy of the next level, he'll play. Only if he does his homework.

yea the yanks could care less about all of eastern ky to be honest with you, not singling out booneville. and how many players in all of ky went to california to play college ball..exactly..if im right there is none...so no one is getting that kind of attention. robert can play at a local school just like the rest of the guys in the 14th...as far as d1 goes THEY WILL FIND YOU if you give them some help..like patdad said.

There is a reason that the Yankee's don't know where Booneville or Beattyville is.....nobody has enough talent to play in those leagues. We all know that, if you are implying that Robert Smith should be playing the you may need to think again.....:confused:

I didn't mean thay any player in Eastern KY or in Booneville was good enough to play for the Yankees, but how can you say they can't. You give a kid 3 or 4 years in a good college program, and these kids from Eastern Ky could play at Professional ball. I agree with Pat Dad and the others about the coaches and parents responsibilities. What I meant was if the players think there play is all it takes to get them to College, they can wait and wait..The cahnce may never come. They have to get out and pursue the shot to play at the next level. I was only disagreeing with the statemant, "if you are good enough they will find you". That is NOT true!

Playing at the next level takes a lot of hard work and dedication. The parents and coaches must be relentless in the pursuit of the different College teams. Eventually, they will find a match for their son/daughter/player. I'm afraid that too many people have that attitude of just hoping someone will see them play. It's not like that, especially in Eastern KY.

I cant wait to drive over and watch Smith play. All this chat about how good he is in baseball is almost the same stuff i heard about him in Basketball. I drove over from Hazard and watched him play basketball, and man i was extremely impressed. I hope some of you guys that like talking negative toward Robert can come and watch him play. I hope he is as impressive as sixtyfeetsix says he is; oh yea, i hope im there when you come, ill be the one there to pick your jaw up after it drops from watching Smith impress ya!

I hope Smith never looks at this crap people writes about him. Its a sight when a person/or coach wants to get on BGP and brag about a kid for doing someting well or something he thinks is impressive... and some idiot gets on here and says, "no he cant!" Some little imature people need to grow up and worry about their kids/players etc. and quit worrying about other people.