Northern Kentucky 4A in 2006

Should be interesting, Dixie returns some good talent as well as Ryle and BC. I see those three fighting for the one seed, SK returns most of their skill positions but will have to rebuild on the defensive side. Holmes has serious skills talent, a young line withe experience but who knows if they'll get over that hump.

Holmes oline wont be young next year...3 seniors, a junior and a soph but the junior (terrence clark) has played varsity o line since his freshman year and all three seniors will be in their third year of varsity experience. Holmes Oline will be the heart and soul of the team next year and will probably be the best in nky...mark my word. IT will look something like this:

LT- Dustin Wilson- 6'1 200 lbs

LG- Terrence Clark- 6'4 230

C- Bobby Godawa- 6'1 235

RG- Mike Sharp- 6'2 230

RT- Tommy BRitton- 6'2 235

Skill wise, they will be absolutely loaded..DJ, Austin Hill, Rashad Palmer, and Rodney Covington along with a couple new faces make this team very dangerous...IF THEY CAN USE THEIR TALENT AND WORK AS A TEAM

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes oline wont be young next year...3 seniors, a junior and a soph but the junior (terrence clark) has played varsity o line since his freshman year and all three seniors will be in their third year of varsity experience. Holmes Oline will be the heart and soul of the team next year and will probably be the best in nky...mark my word. IT will look something like this:

LT- Dustin Wilson- 6'1 200 lbs

LG- Terrence Clark- 6'4 230

C- Bobby Godawa- 6'1 235

RG- Mike Sharp- 6'2 230

RT- Tommy BRitton- 6'2 235

Skill wise, they will be absolutely loaded..DJ, Austin Hill, Rashad Palmer, and Rodney Covington along with a couple new faces make this team very dangerous...IF THEY CAN USE THEIR TALENT AND WORK AS A TEAM

I can see Holmes having a good line this year , but not the best in NKY . I think I would give the Birds the best, then Boone , Dixie , and CCH . Dixie's line should look something like this :

RT- Freeman 6'4 275 lbs Jr.

RG- Koski 6'2 240 lbs Jr.

C - Mc Guire 6'3 270 lbs Sr.

LG- Wenning 6'1 210 lbs Sr.

LT- Belbot 6'3 305 lbs Sr.

They also have alot of other Sr's and Jr's that will be challenging for playing time this year !!!:thumb: There very DEEP this year and should'nt have anyone playing both way's !:ylsuper:

How will the Northern Kentucky squads stack up against X, T, PRP and Male? Is this the year that Northern Kentucky reaches the 4A finals? Year in and year out this area of the state has been somewhat dominant in 3A, 2A and 1A, but 4A dominance has eluded them. I realize that there have been previous posts on this topic, but I am curious as to how knowledgeable prognosticators in the northern area of the state view the competitiveness of this year’s teams. Aside from T, in Louisville, is there any team in the Eastern bracket that has a realistic shot at a 4A state championship this year?

How will the Northern Kentucky squads stack up against X, T, PRP and Male? Is this the year that Northern Kentucky reaches the 4A finals? Year in and year out this area of the state has been somewhat dominant in 3A, 2A and 1A, but 4A dominance has eluded them. I realize that there have been previous posts on this topic, but I am curious as to how knowledgeable prognosticators in the northern area of the state view the competitiveness of this year’s teams. Aside from T, in Louisville, is there any team in the Eastern bracket that has a realistic shot at a 4A state championship this year?

I think Boone , Dixie , and Ryle are closing the gap in 4A . I think 1 if not 2 teams could make a good run this year in the play-offs . NKY is growing so fast in population , that I can see the dominance thing in 4A a thing of the past in years to come.:D

Should be interesting, Dixie returns some good talent as well as Ryle and BC. I see those three fighting for the one seed, SK returns most of their skill positions but will have to rebuild on the defensive side. Holmes has serious skills talent, a young line withe experience but who knows if they'll get over that hump.

Speaking of defense this year in 4A , Who should have the Best Squad on " D " ??? Who's gonna be the BIG HITTERS this year ?:fight:

Speaking of defense this year in 4A , Who should have the Best Squad on " D " ??? Who's gonna be the BIG HITTERS this year ?:fight:

After leading NKY in defense last year, the Camels will be right there again. They lose player of the year Matt Sauerbech but his younger brother, Brian will be just as good. He is bigger and faster than Matt. Look for him to be the best linebacker in NKY as a junior. The Camels return quite a bit from last years team that just missed the playoffs. I look for them to be much better next year with coach Styer there for a full year now.

Holmes-Senior LB Justin Young

Simon Kenton-Sophomore LB Patrick Bustle

As for the others I dont have a clue.

I can see Holmes having a good line this year , but not the best in NKY . I think I would give the Birds the best, then Boone , Dixie , and CCH . Dixie's line should look something like this :

RT- Freeman 6'4 275 lbs Jr.

RG- Koski 6'2 240 lbs Jr.

C - Mc Guire 6'3 270 lbs Sr.

LG- Wenning 6'1 210 lbs Sr.

LT- Belbot 6'3 305 lbs Sr.

They also have alot of other Sr's and Jr's that will be challenging for playing time this year !!!:thumb: There very DEEP this year and should'nt have anyone playing both way's !:ylsuper:

This is about 4a so throw cch and highlands out...dixie might have a big line but it seems that they are more of a finess team and not as physical as holmes or boone...but like dixie, holmes wont have anyone on the line playing both ways either so thats where that advantage come in...but we'll see what happens

After leading NKY in defense last year, the Camels will be right there again. They lose player of the year Matt Sauerbech but his younger brother, Brian will be just as good. He is bigger and faster than Matt. Look for him to be the best linebacker in NKY as a junior. The Camels return quite a bit from last years team that just missed the playoffs. I look for them to be much better next year with coach Styer there for a full year now.

Nky 4a defenses will be tough this year, but i think Holmes' will be a feared defense by the end of the year. They return 9 starters on defense...AS far as Brian being the best lb in nky, i think Justin Young would have something to say about that...he led MAtt Saueerback the whole year in tackles up until the last game and he still only lost the nky tackling title by 3 tackles...Brian wasnt even close.

This is about 4a so throw cch and highlands out...dixie might have a big line but it seems that they are more of a finess team and not as physical as holmes or boone...but like dixie, holmes wont have anyone on the line playing both ways either so thats where that advantage come in...but we'll see what happens

Yes Dixie is a passing " O " and run 2nd . But don't be surprised this year that they run power right at ya with that line and big backs that they have ! ( Neugent 6'0 190 sr - Day 6'1 210 jr ) Molony also can take it inside or out with great speed ! Keep thinking that there not a physical team , you'll be surprised !:D Boone is avery physical , running team . But how is Holmes with a scramble 1st QB , a physical power run team ? I would put them in the finesse " O " type team .

Yes Dixie is a passing " O " and run 2nd . But don't be surprised this year that they run power right at ya with that line and big backs that they have ! ( Neugent 6'0 190 sr - Day 6'1 210 jr ) Molony also can take it inside or out with great speed ! Keep thinking that there not a physical team , you'll be surprised !:D Boone is avery physical , running team . But how is Holmes with a scramble 1st QB , a physical power run team ? I would put them in the finesse " O " type team .

Holmes backfield will feature a big back next year as well...Rodney Covington has really gotten alot bigger and stronger. (6'1 190)

I never said Holmes was a physical run team...i simply said their offensive line is very physical and will be next year...mr jefferson will have plenty of room to roam around back in the pocket next year

A team i feel will have an unreal backfield next year though is Ryle...Ryan Luster will probably move to the backfield along with Vince Murray and Scott Gray...thats pretty solid