Northern Kentucky 4A in 2006

As for Conner:

4 returning starting Lineman that really started to jell as the season progressed. (Evan Draper, Alex Cote, Andrew Hill, and Zack Ryle).

Shane Taylor RB/LB

Kyle Scroggins RB/LB

Brian Samad RB/LB

Charles Norris WR/DB

Arie Gibson RB,QB/DB

Rashad Brown WR/DB

I believe, along with what is coming up to along with them, that this group of players should make an impact this season and battle for one of the top 4 spots this season. Remember its only April, nobody has won anything yet.

Son of the former Cougar RB?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's too early to pick a standout favorite

Ryle will be good simply because of all the skill they return and they also will return a very nice line. (but then again we say this about them every year)

Dixie is the top dog simply because they won district last year so until beaten they will remain on top headed into the season.

Boone is always a top 2-3 team and they along with others return a nice crop of talent that could take them to the top. Boone always plays their best ball at the end of the season which is what truly matters.

Conner will compete for the 4 seed but i dont feel they will have enough to make it there.

Right now, i feel that Boone, DIxie, and Ryle will be the top 3 teams but dont be surprised if Holmes, SK, or even Scott knocks off one of them. All three of those teams return alot of talent and will be able to compete with the "big dawgs" this year. There wont be any blow outs in nky 4a this year and every week will be a battle. Teams will be beaten up by the end of the season so IMO depth will be the biggest asset a team can possess this season to win the nky 4a crown.

As for Conner:

4 returning starting Lineman that really started to jell as the season progressed. (Evan Draper, Alex Cote, Andrew Hill, and Zack Ryle).

Shane Taylor RB/LB

Kyle Scroggins RB/LB

Brian Samad RB/LB

Charles Norris WR/DB

Arie Gibson RB,QB/DB

Rashad Brown WR/DB

I believe, along with what is coming up to along with them, that this group of players should make an impact this season and battle for one of the top 4 spots this season. Remember its only April, nobody has won anything yet.

All that are named are either slow or undesized.I look for it to be a long

season in Hebron.Stellman should have stayed with his original

decision to retire.

decision to retire.

hate to say this but i agree...conner's run of great players over the last couple years seems to have ran out

decision to retire.

Then you obviously don't know who Arie Gibson and Charles Norris are. Like I said before, it's too early to tell what will happen this season. I think with the talent they have they are a playoff contender. SK made it to the playoffs last year with not a whole lot of team speed. Campbell Co. (who I thought was one of the best teams we played last year) didn't have a whole lot of it either. Speed kills I know, but heart, hard work, and determination will carry a team just as far sometimes.

Then you obviously don't know who Arie Gibson and Charles Norris are. Like I said before, it's too early to tell what will happen this season. I think with the talent they have they are a playoff contender. SK made it to the playoffs last year with not a whole lot of team speed. Campbell Co. (who I thought was one of the best teams we played last year) didn't have a whole lot of it either. Speed kills I know, but heart, hard work, and determination will carry a team just as far sometimes.

Amen......

I haven't really counted the cougars out, I just don't have a feeling one way or the other. I'm very interested to see what Samad does, and the little RB Shane Taylor, I think he's the one who played against us last season, was good. I would imagine he will be even better this year. He was just a soph last year I believe. If you had given him the ball more who knows. QB is the biggest problem I see. Does conner have one returning or waiting in the wings that can run the offense? Just curious, cause I can't think of one.

Amen......

I haven't really counted the cougars out, I just don't have a feeling one way or the other. I'm very interested to see what Samad does, and the little RB Shane Taylor, I think he's the one who played against us last season, was good. I would imagine he will be even better this year. He was just a soph last year I believe. If you had given him the ball more who knows. QB is the biggest problem I see. Does conner have one returning or waiting in the wings that can run the offense? Just curious, cause I can't think of one.

Shane will actually be a Senior this year, he was a Junior last year. As far as a quarterback goes, that is open to some opinion. There are a few canidates for the job, with no clear idea as of right now who will win it. If I were a bettin' man, I would say Arie Gibson, but I don't even really know if he'll do it or not. But, there is still plenty of time to figure out who'll take over the reigns. The other two canidates for the job both play baseball so they didn't get any time during Spring Ball.

Lineman made a few good points, SK and CC weren't the speediest of teams. Didn't realize it until we had to play Trinity, that's a different level of team speed.

Yes and no one in our district will have that kind of team speed this season. The season Dixie beat them, I would bet that Trinity was a faster team, it just happened to be Dixie's night. If you have more guts than the other team then a lot of times that's enough to win.