Northern Kentucky 4A in 2006

IMO, there's no way Ryle is the heavy favorite. There's no heavy favorite period. Ryle hasn't done anything to prove this either. Every year people talk up Ryle, but every year they finish 3rd at best. The two top teams in the district this past season return almost everybody next year, so there's no question they are the favorite. I'd give the slight edge to Boone with Dixie a close second. Ryle will be fighting it out with CC and SK for the 3rd and 4th spots in the district.

Holmes is definitely the sleeper team, but they are usually considered one every year, and nothing really happens. They always have the athletes, but very rarely are they able to put it together as a team.

I agree. But don't count out Conner to compete for one of those playoff spots as well. They return quite a bit of experience from last years team. They will be older and wiser. They return 4 starting lineman from last year, as well as the backfield (minus the qb). They have a load of talent at the skill positions and it has been a pleasent spring practice session over in Hebron.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nky 4a defenses will be tough this year, but i think Holmes' will be a feared defense by the end of the year. They return 9 starters on defense...AS far as Brian being the best lb in nky, i think Justin Young would have something to say about that...he led MAtt Saueerback the whole year in tackles up until the last game and he still only lost the nky tackling title by 3 tackles...Brian wasnt even close.

No Justin did not led Matt at any point in the year. Matt led the entire area in tackles the entire season. Also Matt beat Justin by more than 3 tackles. Id say Brian will led the Camels defense to the best in the area again.

I'll say this.... Dixie in a "down year" was district champs. This year and next will be huge up years. Dixie will be the top dog of the district. BC will be the tuff second and Ryle will be third. Holmes, CC and SK will fight it out for the fourth spot and Scott will have their best squad in years. We will beat up on each other quite a bit this season and I love it. The tuffer it is to get out the top of KY, the better our chances of being the top in KY. Round three....... ding ding.:D

Nky 4a defenses will be tough this year, but i think Holmes' will be a feared defense by the end of the year. They return 9 starters on defense...AS far as Brian being the best lb in nky, i think Justin Young would have something to say about that...he led MAtt Saueerback the whole year in tackles up until the last game and he still only lost the nky tackling title by 3 tackles...Brian wasnt even close.

No Justin did not led Matt at any point in the year. Matt led the entire area in tackles the entire season. Also Matt beat Justin by more than 3 tackles. Id say Brian will led the Camels defense to the best in the area again.

Justin young led GREATER CINCINNATI area in tackles up until the last week of the season...if you can prove me wrong look it up and show me please

Justin young led GREATER CINCINNATI area in tackles up until the last week of the season...if you can prove me wrong look it up and show me please

I like CC's Defense, but Dixie's won't be too shabby, they almost return the entire squad. What we loose, we already have. This is the best squad on paper we've had to date. I could name them, but you get the point.

With a little senior leadership from the quys I know will step up, we will turn a few heads. The seniors from last year did one major thing....... show our boys how to play team ball. Selflessness... Whatever is best for the team, not the individual. Accept responsibility for your actions or inactions. in short, to play the game the way it was intended. 100%, every day, all day. 123 Dixie Pride!

I'll say this.... Dixie in a "down year" was district champs. This year and next will be huge up years. Dixie will be the top dog of the district. BC will be the tuff second and Ryle will be third. Holmes, CC and SK will fight it out for the fourth spot and Scott will have their best squad in years. We will beat up on each other quite a bit this season and I love it. The tuffer it is to get out the top of KY, the better our chances of being the top in KY. Round three....... ding ding.:D

You don't stir the pot, do you? You just shake it. :cool:

You don't stir the pot, do you? You just shake it. :cool:

Well, it's what I do best isn't it?:p

I know it was kind of a loud statement, but thats the way I think it'll shake out. Add to that that we are returning a virtually intact team that was District champs last year, and I'm pretty comfortable with it. We should expect big things, not hope for them. And I expect some big things this year. Now get back to work Colonels!:cool::D

Agreed Scott will have it's best team in years... however the competition is about as deep as I've ever seen in this division. Who are the 'bad' teams?

No he didnt. Can you prove to me he did? Matt Sauerbeck led NKY the ENTIRE year in tackles.

Agreed Scott will have it's best team in years... however the competition is about as deep as I've ever seen in this division. Who are the 'bad' teams?

I don't know, Conner, Scott, CC Holmes, and SK are going to make it interesting. Not sure who will rise up out of it, but I suspect it'll be a huge battle. All 8 teams should have good squads this year.

Anyone playing a 4A team from NKY this year !!!:ylsuper: I think 4A in NKY has gone from very young , to very good !:D Should be avery exciting year in 4A !!!!!:banana: :banana:

No he didnt. Can you prove to me he did? Matt Sauerbeck led NKY the ENTIRE year in tackles.

I did a little searching and looked but couldnt find anything. So if you can prove me wrong please tell me. Im not a Holmes fan or anything, i just follow nky hs football and can remember being kind of surprised that a Holmes kid was leading the area in tackles.

I don't know, Conner, Scott, CC Holmes, and SK are going to make it interesting. Not sure who will rise up out of it, but I suspect it'll be a huge battle. All 8 teams should have good squads this year.

Who do those teams return that will make a big impact?

I can only think of the follwing:

Sk- Elbert, Bishop

Scott- Haught

CC- Brian Sauerback

Conner-???