October 29, 201411 yr Author #1 - Recruiting Services who rank all the SEC recruits near the top of many of their lists.
October 29, 201411 yr Author #2 - NFL Executives, General Managers, and Head Coaches. These people show their bias by drafting SEC players in record numbers.
October 29, 201411 yr Well then thank goodness we're using recruiting rankings and draft selections to determine a champion. Mike Slive is biased toward the SEC. What are you fishing for here and why start a new thread for it?
October 29, 201411 yr Hard not to be biased considering how dominant the SEC has been in college football. 4 different SEC teams have been in the last 8 BCS championships winning 7 of those.
October 29, 201411 yr #1 - Recruiting Services who rank all the SEC recruits near the top of many of their lists. Are they ranked up before the schools recruit them?
October 29, 201411 yr The argument on other conferences being better top to bottom isn't valid either. The SEC is so top heavy while other conferences have a more steady downward slide. With the SEC you have a bunch of really good teams, a few average teams, and then 1 or 2 not so good teams. All other conferences have 1 or 2 really good teams maybe, then a couple average teams then a few really bad teams. There is a reason the SEC gets the hype it does. It deserves it! Even now with UK playing better football some of the bottom dwellers are becoming good football teams. Vanderbilt is really the only terrible team in the SEC. This is coming from a FSU fan who wishes the SEC wasn't so good, although FSU can pretty much play with any of those teams, so I don't have the bias, I just realize that the conference is just that darn good!
October 29, 201411 yr I will add this. When a Penn State takes an Ohio State to the limit, it's because their conference stinks. When an SEC bottom-feeder pushes a powerhouse, it's because their conference is great.
October 29, 201411 yr Is there a difference between this and bias? The SEC earned their way into title games and beat, for the most part, their opponents. The recruits are independently ranked. NFL scouts independently observe and critique players. I'm not sure there is any bias in the two examples you describes, Joker (and I normally agree with you on EVERYTHING).
October 29, 201411 yr Is there a difference between this and bias? The SEC earned their way into title games and beat, for the most part, their opponents. The recruits are independently ranked. NFL scouts independently observe and critique players. I'm not sure there is any bias in the two examples you describes, Joker (and I normally agree with you on EVERYTHING). I think Joker is being a bit tongue-in-cheek with this thread and believes all the praise poured onto the league is more than justified given the level of talent and the success it's had in the last decade.
October 29, 201411 yr I will add this. When a Penn State takes an Ohio State to the limit, it's because their conference stinks. When an SEC bottom-feeder pushes a powerhouse, it's because their conference is great. Yep.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.